2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

38 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Not sure about that, but I could see him throwing money at Le’Veon.

If we weren't willing to give Mack $20M why would we give Bell a huge deal? I think Gruden understands that great teams are built through the draft, hence why he traded Khalil Mack for more draft capital. 

this narrative that Gruden likes only vets is played out.... he wanted vet depth because this team had draft busts and players that didn't deserve to be on NFL roster.. how many old starters were brought in?

• Jordy
  • DRC       ??? not sure If he is starting

how many rookies did we add who made the team? 8-9?

35 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

this narrative that Gruden likes only vets is played out.... he wanted vet depth because this team had draft busts and players that didn't deserve to be on NFL roster.. how many old starters were brought in?

• Jordy
  • DRC       ??? not sure If he is starting

how many rookies did we add who made the team? 8-9?

I agree for the most part. Ppl will go crazy over the fact that 34 year old Frostee Rucker is “starting” ignoring the fact that he is still a factor defending the run.

16 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

I agree for the most part. Ppl will go crazy over the fact that 34 year old Frostee Rucker is “starting” ignoring the fact that he is still a factor defending the run.

he's starting over Tank? but yea, base ends are suppose to just hold edge and play strong against the run...

6 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Personally i think Gruden uses one of our firsts to trade for a player. His love for veterans and itchy finger are my reasons. I could see him trading a first and like a third for someone like AJ green. 

In what world is aj green worth 1st And a 3rd. Haha. 

On 9/9/2018 at 2:21 AM, Mr Raider said:

Carr's contract alone makes that extremely unlikely, unless you're talking mid round, back up with potential type... Whether you like it or not Carr is playing the first year in a big contract. Hes here for the long haul, whether rookies are cheap or not, you dont invest that much and then try to replace him after the first year of his extension. This isnt some DT free agency signing, this is franchise QB money on a guy not even 30 yet. Yeah, Gruden goes off of play and all that, but justifying that to Mark (who loves Derek) would take an injury or Russell level of incompetence. And the latter isnt happening. 

Even outside of that DC isnt the guy that we need to be talking about replacing. Hes too talented, we've seen his high end, a top 4 MVP finish, 12-3 as a starter, 2 seed before injury, clutch in the 4th QT, with virtually zero defense. Hes one of the most prolific throwers of the football in NFL history through his first four years (including his bad year last year that still wasnt bottom 10 in the NFL or anything like that). Sure stats are inflated nowadays but that list is him with a couple of all timers that played (or at least started) their careers in previous eras. Carr isnt the problem here. Does he have some shortcomings? Obviously. You can talk about him being bad under pressure, well most QBs arent great when getting hit consistently, Carr likely never will be either that's a rarity I cant really name many guys that were great when facing constant pressure. Carr is more than capable of winning a super bowl or two, but he cant do it on his own. And regardless hes most certainly not being replaced next season, the contract alone almost guarantees that. 

Right....that was the most prolific interception I’ve ever seen.. 

Archived