Who to Start/Sit Thread: Help Us, Help You

JaguarCrazy2832

Which Two RBs do I start? The league is a 1PPR league. 

Chubb CLE

Drake MIA

Johnson DET

Ekelar LAC

Henry TEN

MvGuire NYJ

Richardon OAK

———————

I am planning to start Chubb but I am not sure about RB2.

give me your thoughts!

47 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Which Two RBs do I start? The league is a 1PPR league. 

Chubb CLE

Drake MIA

Johnson DET

Ekelar LAC

Henry TEN

MvGuire NYJ

Richardon OAK

———————

I am planning to start Chubb but I am not sure about RB2.

give me your thoughts!

Think I'd roll with Drake

So I just traded away my wr2 for this week, and I'm not in a bit of a pickle as I'm unsure who to start there. I have one open roster spot to pick someone up. Here are my options - 

M Goodwin - he's currently stashed on my bench, and though the matchup isn't awful, I don't love him in full ppr as he's not a reception monster. He's also highly dependent on a big catch. Under Jimmy G, I was really bullish on him, but with CJ and Nick Mullens, he's more meh. I don't love Mullen's capability of throwing deep, so I figure a big score probably isn't going to happen (look at the game against the Raiders, and everything was intermediate with no real deep shots. Mullens also isn't the most physically imposing quarterback ever). 

Corey Davis - biggest name on the wire, and is a decent volume play with his target share. That being said, that offense is not promising at all, and he's largely been stuck in the mud all year, and I'm assuming that he'll be lined up with Gilmore all game. 

Trades for Golladay / Fitz - This one is hypothetical, but I have Kerryon Johnson out there dangling as bait, so I'm thinking possibly Golladay or Fitz for Johnson in time for this week. Golladay has a horrible matchup against the bears, and the schedule Doesn't get any better, but I do trust that offense slightly more than I Do the cards. That being said, Arizona is going against KC, so fitz may snag quite a few garbage time receptions as I assume they'll be throwing a ton. 

Westbrook / Moncrief / Cole- meh. I don't like Bortles on the road, and that receiving corps is like playing russian roulette. Have no idea which one will go off on any given week. 

Some other notables - Amendola (meh...should get targets and receptions though. may have a nice floor), Traquan Smith (minimal receptions, basically similar to Goodwin with a more likely chance of a big play due to the offense), Anderson/Enunwa (not against the Bills, I'm thinking), DJ moore (I tried him last week, that was a bit of a disaster, though the matchup is once again promising with a better game flow) , kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel here. 

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

So I just traded away my wr2 for this week, and I'm not in a bit of a pickle as I'm unsure who to start there. I have one open roster spot to pick someone up. Here are my options - 

M Goodwin - he's currently stashed on my bench, and though the matchup isn't awful, I don't love him in full ppr as he's not a reception monster. He's also highly dependent on a big catch. Under Jimmy G, I was really bullish on him, but with CJ and Nick Mullens, he's more meh. I don't love Mullen's capability of throwing deep, so I figure a big score probably isn't going to happen (look at the game against the Raiders, and everything was intermediate with no real deep shots. Mullens also isn't the most physically imposing quarterback ever). 

Corey Davis - biggest name on the wire, and is a decent volume play with his target share. That being said, that offense is not promising at all, and he's largely been stuck in the mud all year, and I'm assuming that he'll be lined up with Gilmore all game. 

Trades for Golladay / Fitz - This one is hypothetical, but I have Kerryon Johnson out there dangling as bait, so I'm thinking possibly Golladay or Fitz for Johnson in time for this week. Golladay has a horrible matchup against the bears, and the schedule Doesn't get any better, but I do trust that offense slightly more than I Do the cards. That being said, Arizona is going against KC, so fitz may snag quite a few garbage time receptions as I assume they'll be throwing a ton. 

Westbrook / Moncrief / Cole- meh. I don't like Bortles on the road, and that receiving corps is like playing russian roulette. Have no idea which one will go off on any given week. 

Some other notables - Amendola (meh...should get targets and receptions though. may have a nice floor), Traquan Smith (minimal receptions, basically similar to Goodwin with a more likely chance of a big play due to the offense), Anderson/Enunwa (not against the Bills, I'm thinking), DJ moore (I tried him last week, that was a bit of a disaster, though the matchup is once again promising with a better game flow) , kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel here. 

I'd go with the upside of Goodwin out of those choices.

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

Are you looking for a pickup to play or just a pickup to fill you open bench spot?  Because I'm grabbing HARD at DJ Moore if that's the case.  He didn't put up the numbers you wanted him to last week, but the target-share was there; that's a good indicator that in most weeks (especially with Carolina's playoff schedule) it's going to pay dividends.  Funchess isn't going to be the vertical guy in a Norv Turner offense, Moore can and likely is right now.  Samuel busted a couple big plays last week that aren't going to have near as much success in future weeks (because he's not playing a defense that tackles as poorly as Tampa's does every week).

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Are you looking for a pickup to play or just a pickup to fill you open bench spot?  Because I'm grabbing HARD at DJ Moore if that's the case.  He didn't put up the numbers you wanted him to last week, but the target-share was there; that's a good indicator that in most weeks (especially with Carolina's playoff schedule) it's going to pay dividends.  Funchess isn't going to be the vertical guy in a Norv Turner offense, Moore can and likely is right now.  Samuel busted a couple big plays last week that aren't going to have near as much success in future weeks (because he's not playing a defense that tackles as poorly as Tampa's does every week).

Pure single week fill in (unless Diggs is out past the bye week). I have hopkins, julio and Diggs as my three wide receivers

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Pure single week fill in (unless Diggs is out past the bye week). I have hopkins, julio and Diggs as my three wide receivers

I might still roll with Moore just because I think it's going to be a high-scoring affair tonight, but if you're dealing with waivers that may disqualify him already since you wouldn't be able to claim him in time.  if those are you regular three WR's though, I wouldn't trade any starting RB for a one-week WR fill.  David Moore on the Seahawks gives you definite goose potential, but he's getting red-zone looks and we've all seen how the Rams love to give up passing TD's.  Monitor the Washington situation too, if Crowder is able to make it back this week (particularly with them losing the OL they did) Alex Smith is going to be throwing to his bail-out option A LOT; Maurice Harris is likely in play as well if Crowder doesn't make it back, could be still even if he does (he soaked up target-share and produced with it last week after Richardson went down).  I think Michael Gallup is playable in a PPR format this week - Philly's pass D is bottom-tier, Amari's clearly the guy that's going to draw the attention, and Gallup still saw 6 targets even with Cooper getting targeted heavily (this is actually a pretty common practice by teams when they get a new weapon to feature him often early; I'm actually expecting the same this this week from Philly with Golden Tate, and projecting some short-term regression for Alshon as a result).

14 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd pick up Davis.

Archived