Trade advice

Wraith554

Would Ty Hilton and Lamar Miller be to much to give up for Dalvin Cook (standard scoring)

I really feel like if I upgrade my RB position, I got a shot at the big prize...

Current roster:

QB: Patrick Mahomes
RB: Kerryon Johnson
RB: Lamar Miller
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Ty Hilton
TE: David Njoku
Flex: Emmanuel Sanders 
DST: Browns/Titans
K: Wil Lutz

Bench:
Robert Woods WR
Kenny Golladay WR 
Chris Thompson RB
Dallas Goedert TE 
Ryan Tannehill QB 
Rex Burkhead RB (IR) 

41 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Would Ty Hilton and Lamar Miller be to much to give up for Dalvin Cook (standard scoring)

I really feel like if I upgrade my RB position, I got a shot at the big prize...

Current roster:

QB: Patrick Mahomes
RB: Kerryon Johnson
RB: Lamar Miller
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Ty Hilton
TE: David Njoku
Flex: Emmanuel Sanders 
DST: Browns/Titans
K: Wil Lutz

Bench:
Robert Woods WR
Kenny Golladay WR 
Chris Thompson RB
Dallas Goedert TE 
Ryan Tannehill QB 
Rex Burkhead RB (IR) 

Cook scares me. In standard scoring, he's been abysmal. He's banged up and he's been horribly inefficient all year. I think you're giving up a lot of value for him at this point, but at the same time, I don't think it kills you to take this swing. Woods and Golladay insure that you don't lose much, if anything by moving off Hilton. So while Hilton the player has value, he actually has a fairly nominal contributory value for you overall. 

Miller, despite the struggles last week, has been pretty comparable to Cook so far, and you don't have the injury concerns. Now granted, Miller doesn't have nearly the upside that Cook has, so I understand the appeal of moving to cooks and just hoping it works out, but I'm not going to be super shocked if Miller outscores Cook this year in fantasy to be honest. So it's very possible that you are giving up a solid #2/#3 wide receiver to actually downgrade your rb2 situation. Then again, its possible that Cook and the Vikings line figures it out and he blows up with production that Miller simply can't match. He's got that level of upside. 

In a vacuum, based on how they are currently playing, yes, I think it's too much value. In your specific situation, I think it's okay to try and shoot for the moon and not have it completely destroy you if it doesn't work out. Really depends on your risk appetite to be honest. But like I said, moving from Hilton to Woods / Golladay doesn't hurt you in the least in my opinion, so his loss is fairly nominal. 

Being that I now have David Johnson (at a point where his keeper value $20 or 1/10 my starting auction budget likely exceeds what he's going to be worth to me next season - given that I'll have the ability to keep Conner at $5 or Aaron Jones - if he somehow manages to get a more secure hold on a majority of carries - at $1), James Conner, Marshawn Lynch, Mark Ingram, and Aaron Jones in a 1/2 pt PPR league that only starts 2 RB and 1 FLEX each week... I've throw DJ and Marshawn up on the trade block.  I didn't put down costs or even a particular position I'm seeking in return (ideally I'd like to improve my WR depth given Will Fuller's recent injury flaring up again; and I'd been hoping to possibly recoup a near-elite-tier TE but the injuries there are going to make people really tight-fisted, I'm betting).

But I'll keep everyone posted on what offers I receive.  If nothing else so that other people have an idea of starting points for negotiations.

On 9/30/2018 at 6:35 AM, SweetFancyMoses said:

Trade offer:

0.5 ppr league. 1 QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex 1 D/St 1K.

Give:  QB D.Watson TE T.Burton

Get: QB M. Stafford TE Z.Ertz

Have Fitzmagic also at QB

Thanks

I'd be inclined to do it.  But you might drag your heels a day or two until we get a better idea of what Will Fuller's hamstring injury looks like.

I don't value as much of a difference between Watson and Stafford (since DeShaun is putting up rushing yards but they've yet to run an QB sneaks in the red-zone so that ticks down some for me) or, to put it more bluntly - right now there are three - bordering on 4 "must start" QB's for me (with one of them underachieving, but based off of what he's shown capable of consistently in the past, he's a hold for me): Cam, Rodgers, Mahomes (the lack of INT's has me more sold than the TD output which will regress to the mean some as the season continues on), and Cousins is the one making a case for himself as a 4th.  Otherwise, I don't view any other QB as matchup proof, thus I'm going to have general faith (outside of 2 QB leagues - which yours clearly isn't) that I can find a QB off the waiver wire I can get a Top 12 performance out of (and Stafford gives you a good baseline with his schedule and his offense's propensity to throw as well).

Ertz versus Burton (as much as I love Burton as a player) is a totally different level due in large part to the QB's throwing them the ball, not to mention with Burton being on bye this week, it basically locks down the position for you for the remainder of season with an elite player (barring injury) and gives you more flexibility with the rest of your roster (1 less bye to have to sweat).

On 9/28/2018 at 10:45 AM, Forge said:

Cook scares me. In standard scoring, he's been abysmal. He's banged up and he's been horribly inefficient all year. I think you're giving up a lot of value for him at this point, but at the same time, I don't think it kills you to take this swing. Woods and Golladay insure that you don't lose much, if anything by moving off Hilton. So while Hilton the player has value, he actually has a fairly nominal contributory value for you overall. 

Miller, despite the struggles last week, has been pretty comparable to Cook so far, and you don't have the injury concerns. Now granted, Miller doesn't have nearly the upside that Cook has, so I understand the appeal of moving to cooks and just hoping it works out, but I'm not going to be super shocked if Miller outscores Cook this year in fantasy to be honest. So it's very possible that you are giving up a solid #2/#3 wide receiver to actually downgrade your rb2 situation. Then again, its possible that Cook and the Vikings line figures it out and he blows up with production that Miller simply can't match. He's got that level of upside. 

In a vacuum, based on how they are currently playing, yes, I think it's too much value. In your specific situation, I think it's okay to try and shoot for the moon and not have it completely destroy you if it doesn't work out. Really depends on your risk appetite to be honest. But like I said, moving from Hilton to Woods / Golladay doesn't hurt you in the least in my opinion, so his loss is fairly nominal. 

Not to mention TY is now banged up and likely to miss some, but a report also came out today that Cook still doesn't feel 100%.  So his immediate returns may not be exactly what you're asking for - and if it's me and i'm giving up a solid-RB2 which is what Miller has been this season, plus someone (injured or not) with the upside TY has, for an injured RB... I'm fishing for someone more along the lines of Fournette (particularly if the Fournette owner doesn't have Yeldon and/or is sitting in a 0- or 1-win hole right now).

With the news of Bell possibly returning, I"m in a bit of a sticky spot with my rb2. I cut Matt Breida earlier in the season. My original rb2, Royce Freeman, has been a bust. I do have Lindsay as well, and Alex Collins. I also have Aaron Jones, but he's not reliable enough in usage to be moved into an rb2 role for me. 

I am thinking of trading Brees for Mixon if he's open to it. It's a 2 quarterback league (I have Goff / Brees), and quarterbacks are pretty important, and he lost Jimmy G two weeks ago. His other quarterback is Wentz and he was going to stream his other quarterback (sort of backfired this week taking Tannehill). So I'm hoping he'll take the consistency of Brees and move off of Mixon. He's actually got a decent stable of backs, but only mixon really interests me (He's got Fournette, Michel, Mixon, Ingram, Breida and Thompson). I'm a little worried about upsetting the balance of my team (I basically have the second best team in the league, and am about to be 4-0), but really concerned about that pending transition from Conner to Bell. Three problem is, I think I take a net loss in this trade. I don't view mixon as an upper echelon rb type, so I think it's likely that the difference between Brees and my qb2 is greater than mixon and my rb2. That's bad

Also, being that it's basically a 2 quarterback league (it's actually a 1 QB, super flex league), the pickings out there are pretty slim. So I'd be looking at Goff + Flacco as potential starters. Winston is out there (he was originally mine, I have dropped him twice and he's still on the wire), and I feel reasonably sure that I will get him this week if I want him since the Bucs are on a bye week. Mariota is on the wire too, and I imagine for streamers, he'll be the number one target. After that, it's pretty brutal. Josh Allen, CJ Beathard (may be a sneaky play), Eli, Dak. I want nothing to do with the rookies available (Darnold, Rosen, Allen). 

Should I trade Brandin Cooks for Sony Michel?  0.5 PPR league.  I'm weak at RB, but pretty solid at WR.  He also offered Dalvin Cook for Michael Thomas, but I'm not doing that.

My team is below.

QB - Stafford

WR - Michael Thomas

WR - Golden Tate

RB - Alvin Kamara

RB - Buck Allen

TE - Ebron

W/R/T - Emmanuel Sanders

Bench: 

Brandin Cooks

Nyheim Hines

Duke Johnson

Jamaal Willliams

Keelan Cole

Albert Wilson

Dallas Goedert

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, crap timing with that. Michel had his best game of the year, Sanders meh. Recency bias blows in fantasy

Yeah man, it sucks.  He needs WR help badly with Hogan and Golladay as his current starters.  He has Melvin Gordon at RB though.  Think there's a trade I can realistically make for him given my roster posted above?

7 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Yeah man, it sucks.  He needs WR help badly with Hogan and Golladay as his current starters.  He has Melvin Gordon at RB though.  Think there's a trade I can realistically make for him given my roster posted above?

I don't love the value of Cooks for Michel, just because I don't know that I'm necessarily sold on Michel. I think he's looked rough before this week. Though he did put up this week in a game against a defense that had been very strong against the run, so that could be promising. But man, Buck Allen as your rb2 is brutal, so I get it. It doesn't kill you since you have three good additional receivers. I think I'm about to take a loss on a trade and risk ruining my team just because I'm so freaking out about my rb2 situation lol

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't love the value of Cooks for Michel, just because I don't know that I'm necessarily sold on Michel. I think he's looked rough before this week. Though he did put up this week in a game against a defense that had been very strong against the run, so that could be promising. But man, Buck Allen as your rb2 is brutal, so I get it. It doesn't kill you since you have three good additional receivers. I think I'm about to take a loss on a trade and risk ruining my team just because I'm so freaking out about my rb2 situation lol

Haha, exactly.  I mean, even if I take this risk and lose out on this trade, at least I'm playing to win it all, rather than watching a WR blow up on my bench every week trying to guess which one to play.  Gotta shore up your holes or you'll be exposed in the playoffs.  My only real reservation is if I can hold out for a better trade for myself down the line.  But that's pretty risky too, haha.

Archived