Trade advice

Wraith554

8 hours ago, Daimonas said:

so ive been offered john brown and greg zeurlein for dalvin cook. I have mixon, white, chris thompson and leveon bell on the bench. my wrs are evans, alshon, golloday and lockett. what do you guys think? I feel like lockett and brown are similar production wise but brown gets a ton of targets, but even with cook not playing well i have some boom or bust backs. Also my kicker is dan bailey.

You're giving up the upside in this deal, but I've stayed super far away from Cook all off season and through the season. Don't trust him at all to get back to anything close to where he was last year. You'd not playing Cook this week, and maybe not next, so you're really not losing anything there for the most part until Bell gets back. There's not a lot of value in this deal for you - an upgrade on WR4, though that person may play some with bye weeks, and an upgrade at kicker (I do view Zeurlein as a step up), so there is some upside for you. I don't mind this play, but obviously you can also hope for just one good game from Cook and try to sell high on him, though that may never come which is fine as well. I really don't hate it either way. 

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Thanks. Yeah, couldn't get him to bite on Jones, so I took his deal. Just too much upside, and I figured that there was no way I was thing to sit on Lindsay as my rb2 anyway, so his inclusion in the deal ends up being moot. 

Not much on the waiver wire. Some guys I'm looking at as possible flex additions, but nobody I want as my rb2 which is what I'm really looking for. Smallwood is there, but I view him as a flex. Mike Davis, but I feel the same there, and I like him less because it's full PPR. I will be picking up Foreman in another week or two (not a league I have to worry about someone else picking him up any time soon). After that there's barber and Jones, Ivory, juice, gore and Murray. 

I've made deals like this before and gotten fortunate (Zeke suspension last year most recently), so hoping my good fortune continues and I hear the eagles acquired shady in the next few days. 

On the flip side, I'm actively trying to acquire Leonard Fournette in my 1/2pt PPR league, mostly because I feel confident that he's not coming back until after the Week 9 bye, but that he'll be fresh for the stretch into and through the playoffs (and I will have the benefit of the IR spot, which I'll most likely have to move Foreman out of next week anyway).  Guy's starting Crowell and Michel this week, but also has Kerryon (on bye) and Penny as inexpensive keeper options (it's a 2-keeper league).  I offered him Marshawn straight up so we'll see if he bites; it'd still leave me with an RB corps of DJ, Conner, Ingram, Jones (though I do have him offered out in a trade for a WR right now as well), and Foreman in a 2 WR/2RB/1TE/1FLEX format.

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

On the flip side, I'm actively trying to acquire Leonard Fournette in my 1/2pt PPR league, mostly because I feel confident that he's not coming back until after the Week 9 bye, but that he'll be fresh for the stretch into and through the playoffs (and I will have the benefit of the IR spot, which I'll most likely have to move Foreman out of next week anyway).  Guy's starting Crowell and Michel this week, but also has Kerryon (on bye) and Penny as inexpensive keeper options (it's a 2-keeper league).  I offered him Marshawn straight up so we'll see if he bites; it'd still leave me with an RB corps of DJ, Conner, Ingram, Jones (though I do have him offered out in a trade for a WR right now as well), and Foreman in a 2 WR/2RB/1TE/1FLEX format.

My league is a super flex league, and I'm trying for Fournette as well for the same reason. I'm the only team with 3 competent to good quarterbacks (hopefully) in Brees / Goff / Winston. I need Winston this week with Brees on a bye, but I Think I can comfortably trade him after that, as I'm willing to stream CJ Beathard when Goff is on a bye as he plays the Bucs. 

The guy who owns Fournette is completely stacked at skill positions, but has only Wentz at quarterback (well, and Flacco) after losing Jimmy G. I offered him a Winston for Fournette deal today.  He said he would think about it - which I was a little surprised by. I'd be surprised if he could ever feel comfortable playing Fournette against what he has - in a full ppr league, his running backs are Ingram, Mixon, Thompson, Fournette, Michel and Breida (Breida was my fault as I drafted then cut him). At wide receiver, he's got Thielen, Keenan Allen, Edelman, D Thomas, John Brown and Will Fuller. It's sick. 

So he's debating on just playing skill position players rather than having the second quarterback, and while he won't have the consistency of a quarterback in his flex spot I get what he's thinking. On the other hand, this deal makes a lot of sense for both of us, so I'm a little surprised he's reticent to do it so far. It player we give up doesn't really affect our week to week roster, and the player we are getting back could help us both out. 

Just now, koneraton said:

what do you think about david johnson and ertz for mixon jordan reed and robert woods?

o crowell and drake for connor? I think thats way to much...

I like the first deal if you're the one getting Mixon / Reed / Woods. 

Help me with this one, .5ppr

Trade Away:

Jimmy Graham

Deandre Hopkins

Receive:

Odell

George Kittle

very tempted.. I am 5-0 in this league with the highest point total. The rest of my team in this 10 man league is:

QB: Watson, Mahomes

RB: Hunt, Michel, Lewis, Breida, Bernard

WR: Hopkins, Diggs, Tyreek Hill, E.Sanders, Golladay, Godwin, Allison

TE: Graham, Jared Cook, Njoku

D: Jags, Bears

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

Help me with this one, .5ppr

Trade Away:

Jimmy Graham

Deandre Hopkins

Receive:

Odell

George Kittle

very tempted.. I am 5-0 in this league with the highest point total. The rest of my team in this 10 man league is:

QB: Watson, Mahomes

RB: Hunt, Michel, Lewis, Breida, Bernard

WR: Hopkins, Diggs, Tyreek Hill, E.Sanders, Golladay, Godwin, Allison

TE: Graham, Jared Cook, Njoku

D: Jags, Bears

ehhhh...going back and forth on this one. I think I'm going to say no though. I really don't see a reason to do it. I think your depth allows you to pick up a better tight end than Graham than having to give up Hopkins, who I like a little bit more than OBJ anyway because I view him as slightly more likely to be consistent given that I trust that offense more. I think you can look at teams who own Ertz and Kelce, and if one of them isn't doing so hot, offer multiple players from your depth at wide receiver to obtain them. It's not like Jimmy has been awful - I think he currently sits at 8th on the tight end rankings, so something like a Sanders / Graham may get that done, or possibly moving one of your quarterbacks (unless this is a two quarterback league). 

Trade advice. I was offered:

Mark Ingram for OBJ straight up. My notable RBs are White/Michel, Brieda/Morris.

The rest of my team is MRyan, OBJ, JJones, JGordon, JNelson, Ertz, Gronk, Mayfield, Callaway, ABlue, JaxD, RamsD & Succop

12 Team PPR League.....I'm in 1st place, and high scoring team, but I don't feel confident in my RBs going forward....except White & Michel duo. When I drafted, I did the "0" RB method as I've done that since 1998. Haha. Please help

Edit* This is a 2 flex spot league. 2Rb/2Wr/1TE/2Flex of those 3 positions

6 hours ago, The LBC said:

Didn't end up getting Fournette - the owner apparently felt a Chris Carson and Greg Olsen package was a better return (I wouldn't have).  But I did manage to flip Aaron Jones for Allen Robinson.

So now in 1/2-pt PPR, my RB's are: DJ, Conner, Ingram, Lynch, and Foreman (on IR) and my WR's are Thomas, Fuller, A-Rob, Fitzgerald, Valdez-Scantling (I'm monitoring Cobb right now and may pick him up now altogether since I have Rodgers at QB).

I'm safe-guarded comfortably against Conner losing touches if he does and still being able to just let him sit on the bench to be a keeper next season for $1 (and replace DJ who was getting to the point of being more expensive to keep than he's likely worth - especially as long as Mike "Run up the MIddle on 1st Down" McCoy is the OC).

2 hours ago, dawgpound1816 said:

Trade advice. I was offered:

Mark Ingram for OBJ straight up. My notable RBs are White/Michel, Brieda/Morris.

The rest of my team is MRyan, OBJ, JJones, JGordon, JNelson, Ertz, Gronk, Mayfield, Callaway, ABlue, JaxD, RamsD & Succop

12 Team PPR League.....I'm in 1st place, and high scoring team, but I don't feel confident in my RBs going forward....except White & Michel duo. When I drafted, I did the "0" RB method as I've done that since 1998. Haha. Please help

Edit* This is a 2 flex spot league. 2Rb/2Wr/1TE/2Flex of those 3 positions

Id keep OBJ. Honestly id package Gronk if you have him and Ertz. Get Ingram and another peice 

On 10/9/2018 at 9:35 PM, Forge said:

So I'm thinking about taking a chance on taking shady getting traded. I proposed Geronimo Allison + Alex Collins, he countered with Lindsay + Allison. I'm thinking of countering with Aaron Jones  + Allison. I don't expect anything from Shady, but if he gets traded, obviously there could be a lot of value there. That being said, I don't love giving up Lindsay. My current running backs are Barkley and Conner, but obviously I'm about to lose Conner. That would make Lindsay my #2 right now (obviously Shady if I trade for him) which is not a situation that I love. I'm still working on potentially other trades for an rb2, but the kind of upside i can get from Shady *if* he's traded at a relatively cheap price point is going to be hard to match.

Allison is my wr #5 and completely irrelevant as he will never see the starting lineup and I just picked him up off the free agent scrap heap this week. 

Lindsay has been pretty consistent in what he has brought, while Jones has some upside if McCarthy ever gets his crap together. Thoughts? Should I be okay giving up Lindsay for Shady (again, Allison is largely irrevelant), or would you rather see if I can give up Jones? 

**EDIT**

No dice on Jones. Comes down to Lindsay + Allison for Shady. The upside if he's traded is so tempting because I think that solves my rb2 issue moving forward. If he's not traded though, I'd rather have Lindsay as my rb3 and future rb2. But as I said, I'm also working on other deals for another running back that don't include any of the players involved in this trade (will likely be one of my quarterbacks to a guy who is loaded at running back) 

@The LBC what do you got for me on this one? 

@EaglesPeteC you think they swing the deal for Shady? 

@holt_bruce81 I know you're thinking along the lines of what I am since you're going to pick up Ivory. Think the reward is worth the risk on this one? 

Hey man sorry for the late response, Yeah I have no problem doing Lindsay/Allison for Shady. 

Archived