Is Cam Newton on a HOF pace?

TecmoSuperJoe

I started a thread a while ago about Russell Wilson, and his chances for getting into the HOF. So, what do you think about Cam Newton? Is this an easy no? His 2015 MVP season was very impressive. I actually like his chances better than most people probably do.  

Edited by PapaShogun

15 minutes ago, Malik said:

Not even close. Even with bulk stats like yards and touchdowns he's pretty behind the pace. That's including the rushing touchdowns too.

First 7 years

Dan Marino: 27,850 total yds  225 total TDs

Cam Newton: 29, 394 total yards. 212 total TDs

Not a bad pace, stats wise, to me. 

• Like 5

Just now, Danger said:

Dan Marino was the Drew Brees of his time. His stats are that of 30 years ago in a FAR less passing friendly era. 

Many would argue that Cam Newton isn't even top 10. 

Fair, But do they both have SB appearances? and an MVP? Your point is fair, but also the comparison to Marino and both bodies of work is pretty fair IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Dan Marino was the Drew Brees of his time. His stats are that of 30 years ago in a FAR less passing friendly era. 

Many would argue that Cam Newton isn't even top 10. 

I love Marino more than anyone, but give him Ted Ginn as his #1 WR instead of Duper/Clayton, and Mike Shula instead of Don Shula and see what happens? Context goes in many directions. 

And I haven’t said he IS comparable to Marino as a QB. That’s ridiculous. Just pointing out that a posters position that he was behind stats wise is not really accurate. And used the two most successful stats QBs that played right away. Am I wrong?

• Like 1

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Fair, But do they both have SB appearances? and an MVP? Your point is fair, but also the comparison to Marino and both bodies of work is pretty fair IMO.

I won't deny the season Cam had in 2015, if half of his career so far was like that then I'd not scoff so much at the thought, but he's not really come close to that in any other season.