Mayweather vs McGregor

SteelersFanMD

2 minutes ago, Iggles said:

He was getting popped, particularly on his left side. Face had already swollen up some.

Glad they stopped the fight when they did. He was ready to tip over any second.

I know. I was mocking him for taking Connor's word like he would admit Floyd hurt him.

Just now, Iggles said:

He was about to hit the mat from taking shots to the face. He wasn't even putting up his hands to defend himself.

For sure. I understand he did something similar with Diaz, but dude was done. Come on, every body shot he was breathing hard and Floyd didn't miss any right hand in the last two rounds. 

Just now, Iggles said:

He was about to hit the mat from taking shots to the face. He wasn't even putting up his hands to defend himself.

Nothing there suggested pain or mental incapacity - which was directly clear by the fact that 10 seconds after it was called he was literally talking in full sentences to people in seats. Did you not all see that? Was it just my feed? The fight was called, he took a couple big breaths, turned and started talking in full coherent sentences saying he was just a little tired. He was fine and not even a little bit hurt?

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

A dude who never boxed professionally went 8 competitive rounds with the greatest of all time and is leaving the ring without ever falling down.

exactly. Anyone defending this joke of a sport should just reread this over and over. After fighting the "greatest light weight ever" he was 100% fine, except for being out of breath. 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He literally just said what I said:

"I am clear spoken, I am fine, the ref should have let me go. I was just tired, but he didnt hurt me."

Dude, fighters say this all the time. Daniel Cormier was literally knocked out on the canvas and didn’t get up for several seconds and he told Dana that the ref shouldn’t have stopped the fight.

as for speaking coherently, again, after getting knocked out and laying on the canvas, this is DC talking completely coherently:

Just because he can talk straight and says he wasn’t hurt doesn’t mean that he was fine.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Nothing there suggested pain or mental incapacity - which was directly clear by the fact that 10 seconds after it was called he was literally talking in full sentences to people in seats. Did you not all see that? Was it just my feed? The fight was called, he took a couple big breaths, turned and started talking in full coherent sentences saying he was just a little tired. He was fine and not even a little bit hurt?

Just because you talk in full sentences doesn't mean you aren't hurt.

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I know. I was mocking him for taking Connor's word like he would admit Floyd hurt him.

I could let my child pop me with some gloves on. I wouldnt be hurt. 

Boxing is stupid, at least in the light weights. Its an endurance test with some slaps in between.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I could let my child pop me with some gloves on. I wouldnt be hurt. 

Boxing is stupid, at least in the light weights. Its an endurance test with some slaps in between.

All right chief you keep thinking that.

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

He used to much energy in the beginning by trying to do too much like; switching stances, moving too much, not pacing himself, not using the ropes to his advantage when Floyd was coming at him - instead electing to try to run. 

I wish he pressured Floyd the whole fight but and just countered, I think that would have been his best chance. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I agreed with the 87-83 card... Conor didn't do much early on, but more than Floyd did. So he had to get those rounds. 

I'd say he won around 3 rounds.  And I don't see any way you could say less than 2 like one judge. 

The judging of boxing feels so sleazy. Makes it hard to get into the sport imo.

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Dude, fighters say this all the time. Daniel Cormier was literally knocked out on the canvas and didn’t get up for several seconds and he told Dana that the ref shouldn’t have stopped the fight.

as for speaking coherently, again, after getting knocked out and laying on the canvas, this is DC talking completely coherently:

Just because he can talk straight and says he wasn’t hurt doesn’t mean that he was fine.

Would be a funny Onion article: "MMA fighter strangled to death does not believe ref should have stopped the fight"

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

exactly. Anyone defending this joke of a sport should just reread this over and over. After fighting the "greatest light weight ever" he was 100% fine, except for being out of breath. 

He was only fine because the ref stepped in. Those wobbly legs aren't just because he's tired. 

Archived