Mayweather vs McGregor

SteelersFanMD

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Noted.

I hardly ever go on FS1 unless there is a US Soccer game or its college football season, so I would've never realized.

When does ESPN air fights or is it more random/infrequent? 

They use to have Friday Night Fights weekly. I went to a couple of them live in my hometown, including their final FNF. They joined up with PBC any occasionally had fights. Recently they signed a deal with Golden Boy promotions and they remain infrequent or usually the Friday before a big GBP event on Saturday.

I wouldn't bet on Fury getting his stuff together. Dude sounds terrible and has to be pushing close to 400 pounds.

Wilder is likely to fight Ortiz in November and that will be a tough fight. Will be a shame if we don't get Joshua/Wilder next year.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I wouldn't bet on Fury getting his stuff together. Dude sounds terrible and has to be pushing close to 400 pounds.

Wilder is likely to fight Ortiz in November and that will be a tough fight. Will be a shame if we don't get Joshua/Wilder next year.

That's a shame.

Is the Ortiz fight going to happen? I recall Stiverne making a big stink.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Rafael tweeted it is close to happening. Stiverne is being an a**hole but hopefully he just takes some step aside money. Dude doesn't deserve the fight anyways.

Definitely not. Wilder pummeled him in the first fight, and Stiverne has only gotten older.

35 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

McGregor needs to fix his cardio which will probably never happen. It's the while reason he lost to Diaz and after just three rounds with Mayweather he was gassed. 

By cardio you mean pace I hope.   I knew the fight was over after the first round.   The fact that he lasted as long as he did shows just how good his Cardio was. 

It's more mental than anything with him. Seems like those that don't go away early or really test him, put him in vulnerable positions. He's supposedly a very hard worker, but seems to use a lot of unnecessary energy early in fights. His conditioning is not world class. It's going to kill him vs Khabib or Ferguson if he doesn't get them out of there early. 

17 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But man Conor is amazing. Love that dude. Legit bad a$$. Will be interesting to see what he does next. LW division has two really good fights for him and then he also has that Diaz rematch.

If he wants to box, would love to see him beat Paulie LOL.

I say feed him to GGG. I'd love to see McGregor take a nap ala Pacquiao against JMM ???

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That would first degree murder. No need to put him against a prime big punch killer like GGG. I would be interested in seeing how long he could last against someone like GGG though. Over/under would be 2.5 rounds.

GGG would be tough, but McGregor would likely do much better against someone who isn't as defensively elite as Mayweather. Someone who he can actually hit a few times haha.

Archived