GDT - Week 1 - Steelers at Browns

warfelg

2 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Mason Rudolph saga coming up quicker than expected after Ben jobs to the browns.

GTFO with this.

Sounds like the nonsense people were talking early last season.

It was a bad weather game, on the road, week 1 and pass blocking was awful in the 2nd half.

Ben didnt play well, but your comment is just ridiculous.  

1 minute ago, hornbybrown said:

Agreed, the refs tried hard to win it for you guys 

Not only did the refs ignore the laws of physics for you guys which switched the field position in the 4th quarter but the Steelers were flagged more and for more penalty yardage. I mean, I know the Cleveland Public Education system is one of the worst in the nation, but it can't be churning out stuff like this...

anyone saying that ben is done is daft, he was quite literally the best quarterback in the league after the bye last year

i see a road game against a primed and hungry divisional rival in awful weather, yeah ben was terrible i will not deny, but you’ve got to give leeway there 

now i was asleep for this punt thing (game starts at 3am here)

so what was this botched punt recovery y’all talking about?

for what it’s worth we can be happy with the D coming up so clutch in OT as well after collapsing at the back of regulation 

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

GTFO with this.

Sounds like the nonsense people were talking early last season.

It was a bad weather game, on the road, week 1 and pass blocking was awful in the 2nd half.

Ben didnt play well, but your comment is just ridiculous.  

It's a joke man chill, all true steeler fans know Ben's a drama king at heart, he is just trying to build a narrative by performing poorly so he can come back with a meteoric rise to win a SB and retire.

6 minutes ago, Elky said:

You get blown out against a remotely competent team if you turn the ball over 6 times.

We're talking about a rivalry game in which the officiating was pathetic, both teams played terribly, and the weather had a major factor.  It's easy to say we would've gotten blown out but the fact is we didn't.

As for the refs trying to win it for us, BOTH fan bases know that's a load of crap.  I'm not blaming officiating for the lack of win, I'm just saying the refs were horrible.

1 minute ago, Shady Slim said:

so what was this botched punt recovery y’all talking about?

Ball hit the ground and bounced up at such a perfect angle that it barely hit a brown's player in the head, and the ball didn't start rotating differently, but the player did flinch very noticeably and the ball changed it's momentum pretty strongly from a leftward bounce to a rightward bounce, and Davis caught it. Refs didn't have a perfect angle on it but ignored the flinch and (most importantly) the momentum change and gave it back to the browns.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

We're talking about a rivalry game in which the officiating was pathetic, both teams played terribly, and the weather had a major factor.  It's easy to say we would've gotten blown out but the fact is we didn't.

As for the refs trying to win it for us, BOTH fan bases know that's a load of crap.  I'm not blaming officiating for the lack of win, I'm just saying the refs were horrible.

This. Even a homer can admit that the botched call on the Browns' muff didn't cost us the game. However, it was terrible and clearly favored the Browns including a Maurkice Pouncey "hold" on a Browns player slipping on the grass that almost took 7 off the board for the Steelers.

13 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Agreed, the refs tried hard to win it for you guys 

Always funny when you pathetic Browns fans have to run over here to run your mouths.

Usually happens after you win....but I guess this is the closest thing to a win you might get.

For the record...not talking about ALL Browns fans....just the ones that come over here every time they have some success against us just to run their mouths.

17 minutes ago, Elky said:

Y'all would have been blown out if it was any other team.

Geez.  You're an equal opportunity troller, aren't you?  Didn't get a rise out of the Browns GDT, so you decided to come poke sticks in the Steelers GDT?  

What is your name?  What is your quest?  What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?  (Take your pick.  African or European swallow.)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnvNk07XkgU

Archived