Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, Herbie_Hancock said:

I was honestly shocked one of Tyrion or Jamie didn't die while talking to Cersei. 

It should have been Jaime...I think that would have been phenomenal. I would have been sad to see him go, but at the same time, that would have completely blown my mind because I never would have seen it coming. 

Just now, Herbie_Hancock said:

I was honestly shocked one of Tyrion or Jamie didn't die while talking to Cersei. 

I never really thought Tyrion was going to when he was telling her to do it.

I did thing for a second that Jaime was screwed when zombie mountain drew his sword... And I had even read the spoilers and still thought it was about to happen, lol. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It should have been Jaime...I think that would have been phenomenal. I would have been sad to see him go, but at the same time, that would have completely blown my mind because I never would have seen it coming. 

Right. But that's the shock GoT usually provides in a finale. 

Not this time around. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

It definitely would have been a nice surprise. Now everyone will just expect him to come back and end Cersei. 

I had an auction FF draft start right when the episode started so I decided to wait til after the draft to watch.  About an hour into it one of the guys in the draft (I don't know him) starts saying in the chat that Jamie dies and he even said the Zombie Mountain was the one to kill him.  When I got to that part of the episode I got so mad when I thought it was about to happen.

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I know with all the other happenings of this episode, it's pretty easy to overlook, but no one is going to talk about Theon's redemption? Been rooting for that guy to get a REAL redemption arc since season two, and we finally got it. And it was so perfectly done in line with who his character has become and all the crap he has had to go through for 7 seasons. That was just a beautiful culmination of storytelling right there. Hoping he does something good to screw over Euron now.

I thought the Theon fight was corny as hell.  The fact that it completely swung in the opposite direction when the guy repeatedly kneed him in the groin was so hollywood stupid IMO

8 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

I thought the Theon fight was corny as hell.  The fact that it completely swung in the opposite direction when the guy repeatedly kneed him in the groin was so hollywood stupid IMO

yeah even if you did lose that area I am sure getting kneed there would still cause some damage and not be your most impervious area. 

It was pretty obvious that the show implied Tormund's survival.  What I'm wondering about is whether or not next season is going to start off with the Night's Watch's last stand and fall.  I think it's most likely the army of the dead just keeps right on marching though. 

So did they just set up that S8 we will be getting Jaime as a good guy and Tyrion as a bad guy? Did not like that shot of Tyrion being all sneaky and evil eyes there

The Winterfell storyline ended the only way it could to salvage it for me and was something I had anticipated all along. Just refused to believe Arya was that stupid. Was all a game between the 2 sisters to finally put an end to Littlefinger. It was a fitting end for him

There's no way Tormund or Beric died off-screen like that. They've been given too much screen time to go out like that and they made a point to show the wall breaking off with Tormund slightly out of reach for a reason. That was a clear signal to viewers that they didn't die

They definitely teased Clegane bowl this ep and that's something we'll be seeing next season obviously

Enjoyed this ep much more than last episode which, while it had more spectacular moments, it annoyed me with how stupid it was. Overall the season was solid with a few eps standing out(Episode 4 mostly).  Show isn't on par with the first 3-4 seasons but it hasn't completely gone off the rails. Still wish they went a full 10 episodes this season because that would have probably cured most of my issues with things. D & D keep mentioning how they need to rush things with the story since the show was wrapping up after this season and next.....but I mean, doesn't mean they had to make each season less episodes.

Edited by deltarich87

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

So did they just set up that S8 we will be getting Jaime as a good guy and Tyrion as a bad guy? Did not like that shot of Tyrion being all sneaky and evil eyes there

The Winterfell storyline ended the only way it could to salvage it for me and was something I had anticipated all along. Just refused to believe Arya was that stupid. Was all a game between the 2 sisters to finally put an end to Littlefinger. It was a fitting end for him

There's no way Tormund or Beric died off-screen like that. They've been given too much screen time to go out like that and they made a point to show the wall breaking off with Tormund slightly out of reach for a reason. That was a clear signal to viewers that they didn't die

They definitely teased Clegane bowl this ep and that's something we'll be seeing next season obviously

Enjoyed this ep much more than last episode which, while it had more spectacular moments, it annoyed me with how stupid it was. Overall the season was solid with a few eps standing out(Episode 4 mostly).  Show isn't on par with the first 3-4 seasons but it hasn't completely gone off the rails. Still wish they went a full 10 episodes this season because that would have probably cured most of my issues with things. D & D keep mentioning how they need to rush things with the story since the show was wrapping up after this season and next.....but I mean, doesn't mean they had to make each season less episodes.

I think that Jaime's story has always been trending this way. It's been a quest of redemption within himself. Not sure about Tyrion though. I don't think that he's going to be a bad guy. I actually didn't take what happened on the ship as him being creepy or evil/angry. I do think that there could be some guilt going on there about something - the theory mentioned earlier, that he perhaps made some sort of deal with Cersei (either to name her unborn child as an heir or some other scheme) and he feels bad about that. 

The winterfell thing...I don't know. I don't quite get why they needed this entire ruse if they were just going to put him on trial or whatever...seems like a complete waste of time. Why couldn't they have just put him on trial? Sansa has the political acumen to have gotten the Vale in line to get him there and whatnot.