Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

I'm kind of confused why if the Starks (Sansa) called the bannerman to Winterfell to prepare for the battle, why the Reeds never showed up. Howland can probably corroborate some important information....seems like they are just holding that back. 

24 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Who gives a ****. Someone needs to put that arrogant child down. Hopefully Jon

Arrogant? Bro. The dumbass men around her are fools. She has been making the most sense since day mother ******* one. All these other northerners have been damn fools. Don’t talk about my queen that way or I’ll put your *** down myself.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm kind of confused why if the Starks (Sansa) called the bannerman to Winterfell to prepare for the battle, why the Reeds never showed up. Howland can probably corroborate some important information....seems like they are just holding that back. 

i hoenstly think we will just never see him in the show

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Tyrion for no reason was hit with a nerf bat to beef up Sansa and Cersei. Cersei who he has continuously  outwitted during the series suddenly can easily manipulate him.

Word. Remember when Tyrion shipped away Myrcella like it was nothing? I legit thought Cersei was faking being mad because she knew it was happening and was already plotting how to stop it, but nope, Tyrion straight up savagely beat her. They really did nerf him a lot.

45 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Arrogant? Bro. The dumbass men around her are fools. She has been making the most sense since day mother ******* one. All these other northerners have been damn fools. Don’t talk about my queen that way or I’ll put your *** down myself.

TRUTH. Lyanna been spitting more fire than Drogon since she's been introduced.

This episode is going to be really sad to look back upon after nearly everyone dies and you go back and see how they spent their last night.

18 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Getting Dany killing John vibes. Guess we'll see. Too much filler and focus on smaller characters for my liking. I don't see how they wrap this up in 4 eps without just ignoring a bunch of things. 

I just can't imagine them killing Jon at this point considering he's the guy who just won't die. But dumber things have happened, like making Tyrion dumber. And Varys.

1 minute ago, sunnygsm said:

This episode was primed for some lore building with Bran. Instead they just cut to Ser Brienne. 

Pretty telling that all Dany can think about is the throne (after learning about Jon).

Well keep in mind she's been told her entire life it was her birth right and she was the only one who deserves it.

A friend of mine has an interesting theory about little Lyanna Mormont that I actually really like.

What if Tormunds story about having sex with a bear isn't meant literally? The Mormonts sigil is a bear...Tormund has been South of the wall before... What if the "bear" he had sex with was Maege Mormont...Lyanna's mother (single mother mind you)... And Lyanna was the result.

Edited by rob_shadows

23 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

A friend of mine has an interesting theory about little Lyanna Mormont that I actually really like.

What if Tormunds story about having sex with a bear isn't meant literally? The Mormonts sigil is a bear...Tormund has been South of the wall before... What if the "bear" he had sex with was Maege Mormont...Lyanna's mother (single mother mind you)... And Lyanna was the result.

Well of course it wasnt literal. In books he bragged the bear bit the tip of his penis off or something like that.

One thing I will give to the writers with all of their shortcomings. I am so glad that we have complicated characters. No perfect character. No Mary Sue, no Gary sue and the closest one we have is Arya and Bran and they are both set in a reserve role instead of going around fixing all the problems with no consequence. Dany still seems like she may go the Mad King route, Cersei is already the Mad Queen. Sansa for all her brilliance and BS intelligence boost still suffers from the scars of her past as well as a bit of her old pompousness she used to have as a little girl. Jon only cares about ending the WW's which may mean he dies before the last episode but I still think he lasts.

I just love that is still depth with the main characters all that power and talent and no real answers between any of them. Which is how good story telling really is.

Edited by Calvert28

The first episode was the classic reunion episode. I think it was the right to do so to get a calm start into the season. The second episode was like a classic farewell episode. A slow start building up to end in something great. I really liked it. Like i said it's a classic farewell episode before we're going to lose a lot of beloved characters next week. Podrics song "Jenny of Oldstones" was a great reference to Pippin's song in The Lord of the Rings. Very atmospheric. Brienne was knighted by Jaime and Jon told Dany about his parentage just at the worst possible time. :D

Edited by Edge