Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No resurrections on the already-killed white walkers or wights, because they've been killed by Valyrian steel, Dragonglass, or fire.

I think he is saying what about the living that die. They're not being killed by the Valyrian steel or dragonglass and I highly doubt the living will be burning them while fighting.

Just now, VikeManDan said:

I think he is saying what about the living that die. They're not being killed by the Valyrian steel or dragonglass and I highly doubt the living will be burning them while fighting.

Or are you implying that the Army of the dead all have VS or DG weapons?

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

oh gotcha.

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

Or are you implying that the Army of the dead all have VS or DG weapons?

Nope

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

No one works on Monday's apparently lol

My job right now consists of clicking a button to start a patch and then waiting 3 hours for that to finish.

1 minute ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Correct. Unless they plan on stabbing anyone that dies to ensure they can't be reanimated? 

Well if everyone's theory is correct, the NK isn't gonna be near Winterfell when the battle happens so nobody can be risen again anyways. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

My job right now consists of clicking a button to start a patch and then waiting 3 hours for that to finish.

Well if everyone's theory is correct, the NK isn't gonna be near Winterfell when the battle happens so nobody can be risen again anyways. 

Not only the NK can reanimate Wights. Remember when they went beyond the wall, as soon as the White Walker was killed all of the wights he had turned died, but not all the wights that were attacking. 

1 minute ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Not only the NK can reanimate Wights. Remember when they went beyond the wall, as soon as the White Walker was killed all of the wights he had turned died, but not all the wights that were attacking. 

I guess that's true. Kill one White Walker you kill 1,000 soldiers. Kill the guy who raised the White Walkers and it starts the domino effect.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Again with this: how is this a spoiler? All you did was talk about an episode from 3 years ago and ask what it meant.

Anyways, my thoughts on it were that the Night King's original plan was to use Bran to get beyond the wall. Bran being marked let him pass through the magic of the Three-Eyed Raven's cave, so once Bran made it past the wall then the NK could pass through the magic in the wall.

That plan wasn't necessary once the NK realized he could get a dragon, though.

Based on Sam and Bran's explanations last night it seems like Bran/Three eyed-raven are his #1 target because he wants to erase mankind and all of its history. So if that's the case he should've just killed Bran when he had the chance outside of the wall. Unless uncle Benjin, Hodor, a 14 year old girl, and two dire wolves are all that you need to defeat/outrun/outwit the most dangerous villain in television history. The Night King is able to kill a 400,000 pound dragon with the flick of his wrist but Hodor was able to hold the door shut long enough for a small girl to carry a cripple through the forest in the middle of a huge snowstorm. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

But when Jon killed the White Walker at Hard Home, nothing happened. Must've just been a random White Walker who didn't raise anyone.

Or his wights were on the other side of the battle and all collapsed.  Just because something isn't on screen doesn't mean you can rule it out.  Can't assume it either, but in this case that fails as a point on debunking the "killing the maker kills the wights" theory

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

Qyburn says "brothers" when talking to Bronn.  

Of note, Qyburn says.  He's not above scheming or taking advantage of circumstances by any means.  It's pretty clear why he'd want both Jamie and Tyrion out of the picture.  I could see a scenario wherein Cersei told Qyburn to send someone to make sure Tyrion gets offed and Qyburn decided to include Jamie in that when giving out the assignment because he realizes that the only person with any hope to ever have Cersei's ear besides him is Jamie.

Conversely, if Cersei did issue Jamie to be killed, it's likely that she actually is pregnant and wants to (again) be able to lie about who the father is.