Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

3 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Also, how much of King's Landing's army was that? I thought I remembered Bron and Jamie talking about it only being the tale end of it but I'm just curious how much of it just got slaughtered.

At the end of episode three, Tyrion said the Lannister army was 10,000 strong. But they also had some of the Tarly army with them too (the bald guy who wanted to whip people), and some of them had probably made it to King's Landing. So at King's Landing they probably have:

• leftover Lannister army
  • leftover Tarly army
  • the City Watch (1-2kish)
  • a ton of scorpions
  • wildfire

I get the love for Arya, but I think she's far too tarnished to be the best character.  She's not "good" anymore, she's consumed with hatred and a desire for revenge.  Her going back to Winterfell was a huge step back towards the right direction, but for a long time there she was just sort of a lifeless husk without a soul or personality hellbent on killing. 

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I get the love for Arya, but I think she's far too tarnished to be the best character.  She's not "good" anymore, she's consumed with hatred and a desire for revenge.  Her going back to Winterfell was a huge step back towards the right direction, but for a long time there she was just sort of a lifeless husk without a soul or personality hellbent on killing. 

Agreed. Daenarys I also feel has slowly made this transformation but not as intense as Arya. George Martin likes to make all character have both a good and evil side just like real life. People that are pure good or pure evil do not exist for the most part. Although Jon Snow is pretty darn close to pure good..

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. Daenarys I also feel has slowly made this transformation but not as intense as Arya. George Martin likes to make all character have both a good and evil side just like real life. People that are pure good or pure evil do not exist for the most part. Although Jon Snow is pretty darn close to pure good..

This is what makes me thing this whole thing is about Jon Snow's story. The rest are just role players/impediments. 

A Song of Ice and Fire. 

Jon is essentially in both families.

Edited by RollEagles

Just now, RollEagles said:

This is what makes me thing this whole thing is about Jon Snow's story. The rest are just role players/impediments. 

A Song of Ice and Fire. 

Jon is essentially in both families.

Yeah, that's pretty much the gist of it I think.  A lot of people want to suggest it's about Jon and Daenerys, but Daenerys is only fire while Jon is both. 

Jon is the best remaining character in the show I think. 

So what do you think the effect of the arrow on Dracarys will be. It looks like it only hit him by the wing but on the body. Didn't appear that the damage is life threatening but may make flying difficult for a little bit. If so 1. How does he get back to Dragonstone and 2. How long would that delay an invasion given that they symmetry requires all three dragons to be present.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, that's pretty much the gist of it I think.  A lot of people want to suggest it's about Jon and Daenerys, but Daenerys is only fire while Jon is both. 

Jon is the best remaining character in the show I think. 

I think what helps this theory a bit more is how Daenerys seems to be losing her mind a little bit

3 minutes ago, mse326 said:

So what do you think the effect of the arrow on Dracarys will be. It looks like it only hit him by the wing but on the body. Didn't appear that the damage is life threatening but may make flying difficult for a little bit. If so 1. How does he get back to Dragonstone and 2. How long would that delay an invasion given that they symmetry requires all three dragons to be present.

FYI, the dragon's name is Drogon. Dracarys means 'fire' in Valryian, so when Dany says it, it's a command that translates to "burninate that thing please".

My guess is that he'll be fine to fly. They showed him and Jon Snow in a stare down in the episode 5 preview, so presumably he's back at Dragonstone.

6 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I don't want to nitpick but the dragon is Drogon, dracarys just means fire in Valyrian. 

I don't think the bolt will be too big of a problem and I would be surprised if he isn't flying around in no time. They should have used some of that poison that Cersei used....

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

FYI, the dragon's name is Drogon. Dracarys means 'fire' in Valryian, so when Dany says it, it's a command that translates to "burninate that thing please".

My guess is that he'll be fine to fly. They showed him and Jon Snow in a stare down in the episode 5 preview, so presumably he's back at Dragonstone.

I thought Drogon was one of the others.. Why would she take her most powerful dragon in for that? That was dumb.