Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, ET80 said:

I get what you're pitching here - but if Jon is uncomfortable with an aunt he just discovered a few days ago, how comfortable would he be with a cousin that he thought was a sister for the last 20+ years?

Hes a Stark, he'll do his duty.

9 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Again, Sansa just lost Theon and is still scheming. Not rushing into battle to kill the people who put her through so much hell. Think about Sansa's story up until this point, then think of Cersei. She has more reason then anyone to want to charge down there and decorate Maegor's Keep with her head.

Because Sansa has been trained to see the bigger picture in things. Dany's been running off of pure emotion since forever. Sansa is much more reserved and careful as a character (probably because A) She's not under the belief that she's the rightful Queen of Westeros, and B) Because she doesn't have the ultimate trump card in "3, 2, 1 full grown dragon(s) to use). Sansa is much better tactically than Dany is, Dany is just raw emotion.

9 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Thanks for the heads up about the dragon crossbow, Tyrion.  You’re the best hand a queen could get.  

Didn't like that we missed Jon and Brann telling Sansa and Arya the truth about his identity.  A huge moment and of course it happens off screen.  We were robbed of that convo.  

I don’t blame Jon for not petting Ghost.  The direwolves have been the Boba Fett of GoT- looks super cool but ultimately not worth a damn. 

We've already seen it happen twice. Do we really need to see it happen a 3rd, 4th and 5th time?

8 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Especially when Cersei had the high ground!

giphy.gif

Jon arrives at King's Landing

Dany and the entire Unsullied, and Tyrion, are all dead.

Cersei: "Welcome!"

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

IK, but they are cousins, they way that marriage is used to make and keep alliances, I'm guessing that's somewhat commonplace in Westeros.

The entire reason Jon won't marry Dany is because she is her aunt, but he is cool marrying his cousin that he sees as a sister? OK....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Hes a Stark, he'll do his duty.

Would Sansa do hers? She's been burnt by pretty much every marriage so far, doubt she'd jump into this one so willingly.

10 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Arya should just marry Gendry and bond the Baratheon and Stark households forever, as Robert wanted anyway. 

Arya literally just said she is not going to marry Gendry or be a lady of any house. That would go against her entire character.

I'm also not convinced that Rhaegal is 100% dead.  They showed Euron looking up at the clouds.  That maybe Rhaegal and Jon coming down from the clouds.

Or it is just Drogon... ya know, the dragon that is still alive. Absolutely nothing about the episode or next week's preview points to Rhaegal not being dead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

Arya literally just said she is not going to marry Gendry or be a lady of any house. That would go against her entire character.

I think (and this is literally just my speculation), once Arya has completed her list of kills (IE once Cersei is dead), she'll marry Gendry.

Or it is just Drogon... ya know, the dragon that is still alive. Absolutely nothing about the episode or next week's preview points to Rhaegal not being dead. 

Yeah Rhae is gone. RIP.

4 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Arya literally just said she is not going to marry Gendry or be a lady of any house.

I said she should, not that she will.  As for Rhaegal, just a feeling on my part, and the fact they didnt show the dragon.  Which my experience leads me to believe that it's not going to be what people expect.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think (and this is literally just my speculation), once Arya has completed her list of kills (IE once Cersei is dead), she'll marry Gendry.

I just don't think that fits her character at all. From the very first episode before she had any sort of list she has said she isn't a lady.

It would feel the same if Tyrion went to became a priest. Just.. what?

• Like 1

Just now, Heimdallr said:

I just don't think that fits her character at all. From the very first episode before she had any sort of list she has said she isn't a lady.

I get a Frodo vibe from her, where once the names are all crossed off her list, she'll just kind of "move on".

• Like 1

I agree. But I dont think shes looking at it as a mission she will be returning from.  Shes ready to die if she has too.

Bingo. I actually think she goes back to Braavos and runs the House of Black/White with Jaqen H'gar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I said she should, not that she will.  As for Rhaegal, just a feeling on my part, and the fact they didnt show the dragon.  Which my experience leads me to believe that it's not going to be what people expect.

What is dead may never die.

And he did fall into the ocean.

That would be an interesting twist.  

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I get a Frodo vibe from her, where once the names are all crossed off her list, she'll just kind of "move on".

Frodo never really wanted his quest in the first place though... Being a loner/warrior is Arya's entire identity. 

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

It would feel the same if Tyrion went to became a priest. Just.. what?

I wouldn't expect her to be a lady in the classic sense, but I could definitely see her retreating back to Storm's End and 'settling down' with Gendry in a non-traditional way.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Frodo but if he was actually competent at doing things.