Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

On 4/30/2019 at 1:22 PM, Herbie_Hancock said:

Finally a day off so I can re watch. 

In a nutshell what happens imo

Episode 4- they travel to kings landing, something hugely dramatic happens(going out on a limb, lmao)   To end the episode for a cliff hanger  

episode 5- fighting continues, cleganebowl happens and they both die. 

Episode 6- I think they spend a good chunk of time showing us what happens to the characters after all the fighting is done. 

Damn I’m good 

• Like 1

Trying to figure out the timing of the show is futile now, partly GRRMs own fault since he decided to do two books that occurred simultaneously, with no idea when one is in relation to the other.  Truthfully for all we know, Cersei could give birth in the next episode and it all fits.  As for my thoughts, on what Arya SHOULD do, I'm talking about what's best for the realm, not what I think it's what the writers should write.  I think ways fitting for her character is go cross the last 2 names off of her list and then disappear.  But she is not expecting to make it back from KL, so she very well may join Gendry when it's all done, and that suits her character just fine.  Remember she was told by Ned that one day she would marry a high lord and have high born children, so it fits fine.  Also, I'm almost positive that Qyburn said he "found" the weapon, which would make sense since we know the dance of dragons took place in the universe.  We also know that no one had seen a real dragon in their lifetime before Dany, so they would seem near invincible everytime someone saw them up close.  But everyone would also know that they were unstoppable bc of the Dance.  

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I think they’ll explain this in the finale, at least I hope. I thought it was common sense Bran was strategizing and going back in time like giving Arya the dagger, etc. Basically playing chess and outsmarting the Night King. This is why Episode 3 didn’t bother me. Bran killed the NK. Not Arya. They still have to show it though so it’s not a theory. 

Yeah, they need to close the loop here. If they completely ignore it, the entire Bran/NK/3ER story is junk. If they just show that Bran has been time traveling and set everything up so that Arya can kill the NK, that is fine. Just acknowledge it. 

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

Dragons also haven't been a threat for 150 or so years so it's not like people were working on technology to kill something that was considered extinct.  

Yup. Which means everything that was necessary to build this could have already been thought up, but Qyburn was the only one to put it all together because he’s been the only one that needed to put it together. He doesn’t need to be “smarter than everyone else” to have created this, he just needs to be the first one motivated with the financial backing to do it in the last 150 years - which he is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

Yeah, they need to close the loop here. If they completely ignore it, the entire Bran/NK/3ER story is junk. If they just show that Bran has been time traveling and set everything up so that Arya can kill the NK, that is fine. Just acknowledge it. 

Yeah I just want something. Anything. Any piece of information that indicates Bran isn't a complete waste of screen time. His biggest accomplishment right now is "driving a wedge between Dany and Jon" and that's it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Damn I’m good 

I think the allied army arrives, but with Drogon neutralized they are outmatched and are about to be defeated before they get reinforcements from both Dorne and Yara. Then somehow they take out the scorpions, Dany+Drogon obliterate King's Landing, and the last episode is Sansa vs Dany.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

I think the allied army arrives, but with Drogon neutralized they are outmatched and are about to be defeated before they get reinforcements from both Dorne and Yara. Then somehow they take out the scorpions, Dany+Drogon obliterate King's Landing, and the last episode is Sansa vs Dany.

arm wrestling match?

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I don't think Sansa has any desire to go south of Riverrun the rest of her life.

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

For what it's worth, real life ballistae were actually incredibly accurate with substantial force up to over 100 yards. Provided the person aiming it was well-trained. The main appeal of a ballista over other siege was accuracy. It can get less accurate beyond a certain range because then you need to arc it to get that far, so you're adding an extra element to aim, but I can't begin to guess how far away they were from the dragon. But, you could get a few hundred yards of range if you arc it right. Maybe 500 yards or so. Assuming that all the ships were firing at Rhaegal, 3 or 4 hitting isn't unreasonable.

The key word is "arc" though. This wasn't someone imobile castle they were firing at or a another siege weapon that moves like 10 feet every 10 minutes, those dragons move fast and very awkwardly in all different directions.

• Like 1