Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

37 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think it's a worthwhile note to say that Dany won't go "Mad King". I think she'll go violent, but this isn't a new brand of crazy-ness. She's going to adhere to the same principles that brought her to where she is now; the throne is hers, the people controlling it are evil, and justice needs to be done.

Maybe the show will go the "Mad Queen" route. I'll be very disappointed if they do. Tragic heros work because we can believe in their motives the entire time even as they go down with the ship, and Dany's fatal flaw is pretty much unique in that it's not a blatantly bad personality trait like vanity or pride. It's so much more nuances than that and why I think the way she's been portrayed is noteworthy from a literary standpoint.

Yeah I have a feeling she won't go full mad king and it will sort of be up for debate whether she is totally in the wrong or doing what she has to. Possible that Varys has her taken out behind Jon's back, and Jon ends up the reluctant king, as Varys planned

1 hour ago, sunnygsm said:

Dany really isn't a mad queen in the way her father was a mad king. She's losing her composure, but at this stage I'd say it's justified. She's made poor decisions but most often in order to help others. She's lost so much as a result of that. She has a right to be pissed. 

Jamie killing Dany would be poetic symmetry and then Cersei having the Mountain kill Jamie would be the split second he realized he messed up over her for the last time. 

4 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

The only two people remaining on Arya's list are Cersei and Gregor. 

I bet Gregor and Sandor face off but Gregor wins, and Sandor gets to see Arya kill Gregor while he is dying.

I think Jamie kills Cersei though.

This sounds plausible, Arya is likely going to have a showdown with someone

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

I hope the big twist is that the new prince of Dorne is the missing (presumed dead) Aegon Targaryen. 

Having someone appear in the last 1-2 episodes and take the throne would be fitting.

That would be the worst deus ex machina of all time. 

• Like 1

I still think the GC betray her. They were loyal to the targaryens once, and the iron bank will back who they think will win. The moment Cersei paid of the iron bank in full is where she messed up. They have no reason to protect her now, if she stayed in debt but made payments and kept the debt at a good amount, the iron bank would've had no choice to make sure she lives to get their money back. She might've asked for money to hire the GC but since they work for the Iron Bank they're not really losing money if they betray her.

7 minutes ago, amac said:

This sounds plausible, Arya is likely going to have a showdown with someone

I think the biggest question with her is who is she going to impersonate with a face to get close to take out her target?  Or are the writers going to completely ignore that skillset?

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

I think the biggest question with her is who is she going to impersonate with a face to get close to take out her target?  Or are the writers going to completely ignore that skillset?

They ignored it when they were talking battle plans. They couldve had a cool scene where they say Arya could use her face to get into KLs and kill Cersei . And when noone believe them have Arya pull off the face of some random man that was in the room to show her trick. 

5 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

They ignored it when they were talking battle plans. They couldve had a cool scene where they say Arya could use her face to get into KLs and kill Cersei . And when noone believe them have Arya pull off the face of some random man that was in the room to show her trick. 

They just ignored Arya completely last episode. Apparently killing the mythical Night King and saving the world isn't enough for her to be included in the battle plans. Also, she just walks out of Winterfell to go south and nobody noticed or cared?

16 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Do the others even know she can do that?  Seems like the kind of skill you keep close to the chest.  

17 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Does anyone even know that she can do that? I feel like advertising "I trained with the faceless men and this is what I can do" isn't something Arya would do, but I can easily see her telling the family, I guess. She's made the veiled threat against Sansa with regards to that last year, but I don't know that Sansa would have put that together and she could have easily just taken that as a creepy, whacked out threat? 

22 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Qyburn, I'd bet. 

Just now, Forge said:

Does anyone even know that she can do that? I feel like advertising "I trained with the faceless men and this is what I can do" isn't something Arya would do, but I can easily see her telling the family, I guess. She's made the veiled threat against Sansa with regards to that last year, but I don't know that Sansa would have put that together and she could have easily just taken that as a creepy, whacked out threat? 

Sansa found an actual face, so she's aware of what Arya can do...

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

Sansa found an actual face, so she's aware of what Arya can do...

I bet the reason they cut away and didn't see the reaction when Jon told Sansa and Arya his real identity, is because then Arya told Jon about her skills, and Arya/Sansa (and maybe Jon) came up with a plan on how they want everything to play out. D+D wanted to keep that a surprise though.

• Like 1