Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

I've been immediately upset after every episode so far this season. But after thinking about it after each one, it isn't because of what's happened. I think it's just because a lot of this stuff would normally be drawn out for an episode or two. 

Even if everything that's happened so far was drawn out with the usual fluff, I would be more into it. It seems like there's been a lot of time lapse that hasn't really been shown: the prepping of Winterfell, the travel of the entire army to Winterfell, the travel of everyone across the entire continent to King's Landing, etc. And why didn't we see anything of what Cersei was doing?

Like. A bunch of stuff is supposed to have happened over a short amount of screen time. And we'd normally see it.

There's been a ton fast character development this season. And I'm used to the slow build up of it.

I get that the fight against the walkers was priority number one and was supposed to be immediate. But they went from "oh ****, it's happening soon," to it actually happening with nothing in the middle other than the slow march of the army. King's Landing used to be surrounded by forest. If that forest was cut down to build the fleet of ships, they could've taken 30 seconds to show it. Same for if they just cleared it improve visibility. Or whatever other reason.

And they should've killed Brienne at the battle of Winterfell. Her story was finished. Unless she ends up a huge factor again, changing her from the biggest badass who fulfilled her oath and reached her dream of being knighted, to a snivelling crybaby is extremely unrewarding. And this is the show that had the Red Wedding.

All that complaining aside 😂, I'm still into it and can't wait to see Arya kill Dany and see Sansa become the queen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Whats really going to piss people off is when the credits roll and you realize you didnt see Bronn, Brienne, Sam, Tormund ect because they basically wrote them off because there wasnt enough time to finish their characters 

bronn still has a loose end so we will see him 100 percent.

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean how else do you want her to burn innocent people in the middle of her turning into a mad queen. Like what other option was there, her build up to that moment has been on display for multiple seasons.

My main gripe was the execution. A consequence of the short season. She's been ruthless in the past but not "mad". The trigger point of seeing the red keep was unconvincing. 

Just now, Malfatron said:

bronn still has a loose end so we will see him 100 percent.

Maybe, he doesnt seem like too big of a character for them to really spend time incoperating back into the discussion with only 1 episode left. Maybe he shows up after Jon kills Dany and takes the iron throne and Jon makes him a lord or something in a 45 second scene.

14 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Dumb comparisons are dumb. Burning slavers and enemies in war is different to burning innocents. I get the whole made queen arc, it's whatever. It was poorly executed though.

I do think the episode had some of Emilia Clarke's best acting.

have you ever heard of a pattern of escalating behavior

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Jon will be shown north of the wall with Tormund and Ghost. Im sticking with that prediction.

Or once he takes the throne there is just a big happy scene with everybody showing back up claiming him as their King like a big family get together and its a happy ending like a sit-com lol

If D&D hadn't actively chosen a shorter season (instead of the regular 10 episode run HBO offered), they'd be subject to less criticism. They insisted they only needed 6 episodes and it's clear they needed more. In my mind, if they made that choice they have a responsibility to do better. Too many moments are being rushed and crammed into one episode. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

If D&D hadn't actively chosen a shorter season (instead of the regular 10 episode run HBO offered), they'd be subject to less criticism. They insisted they only needed 6 episodes and it's clear they needed more. In my mind, if they made that choice they have a responsibility to do better. Too many moments are being rushed and crammed into one episode. 

HBO should of kicked them to the curb and let someone else handle a 10 episode season 7 and 8. I think HBO would of had the resources to find show-runners up for the task

• Like 2