Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, JonStark said:

What does Jon have to do with this? See what I mean about you changing to random subjects? Jon isn't Dany. Either that went way over my head or it was the reachiest of reaches. 

They are both similar character in dealing with hardships. Jon has been more level headed then Dany throughout the series but he has only gotten stronger with those hardships. Thats the point, Dany at the very end when she was about to leave Mereen you could see a very different person then the one you saw when she first got there. She knew there would be staunch opposition to her claim to the throne. She knew people hated the Targeryans because of her father, she knew she would have work to do. And she cracks over loss and succession rights that she has already has seen and been through before?

Just now, JonStark said:

Again, you are clearly choosing to see it that way. Jon wouldn't bone her and Varys was sending out letters set her off? You really can't be serious. How about Varys was conspiring against her? Even if she wasn't aware of the attempted poisoning, Varys basically admitted to Tyrion he would attempt to remove her when Tyrion asked "What about her? in episode 4, hence why Tyrion told Dany about the backstabbing. Jon wouldn't bone her? How about that in her eyes, Jon stole everything she's ever worked for? She literally says no one loves her and everyone loves him, so with him refusing to hide the truth, the only thing she has left to establish power is fear. 

Jon didn't steal anything. Jon told her he didn't even want it. That would have been enough for Dany in the past and she had the chance to win the love of the people in King's Landing. I have already been over this before, the people down south don't know Jon. Jon would know this, Tyrion would know this and would have explained it Dany. Outside of the North Jon is a unknown ruler. So not only did she have him refuse to take the throne, she had a completely blank slate to show who and what she is as she did countless times before and she chose to burn everything out of spite for no reason. She snapped for no good reason.

This goes back to the piss poor writing of making a story where there is none to be had. They simply chose to write it this way to create drama.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

It makes sense from a narrative standpoint of things she says but doesn't make sense what so ever from a character development standpoint and was extremely forced and extremely poorly executed and rushed.

For a simple quote here is Mina Kimes:

Obviously Power Hungry does not = Genocide.

For a more detailed in depth explanation, read these reviews on the episode. They can explain better than me as I'm not typing up pages worth of a response, at least not for free I'm not.

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-daenerys-decision-explained/

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/13/722629681/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-let-it-be-fear

I'll agree that it was rushed this season, and because of that it wasn't executed as well as it should have been, but for some to say that this is completely out of her character is just wrong. The evidence here has been posted so I won't continue to rehash the same things over and over again, but those tendencies have been in her character since the beginning when GRRM was working on the show.

Dany was not in the right state of mind when those bells went off. She convinced herself that fear was the only card she had left to play, and decided to take things into her own hands after listening to others and continually losing things important to her.  

It does seem like she burned the majority of the city, but it's hard to believe there wouldn't be a lot of survivors.  Hundreds of thousands probably died, but it would be unrealistic for the entire city to be dead.  There are always survivors in huge natural disasters.  This wouldn't be much different.

Now in the coming weeks, there would be way more deaths, but a figure of anywhere from 100K to 300K (assuming the population is actually around a million) seems like a good guess.  No way a million died.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Matts just stop. You just argued that it was 25% and now it's only 50?

Are you purposely being difficult. You said half, not me. I just didnt argue to keep the conversation progressing. Come on man, keep up.

Edited by Matts4313

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It makes sense from a narrative standpoint of things she says but doesn't make sense what so ever from a character development standpoint and was extremely forced and extremely poorly executed and rushed.

For a simple quote here is Mina Kimes:

Obviously Power Hungry does not = Genocide.

For a more detailed in depth explanation, read these reviews on the episode. They can explain better than me as I'm not typing up pages worth of a response, at least not for free I'm not.

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-daenerys-decision-explained/

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/13/722629681/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-let-it-be-fear

This.

Again she didn't go after the people in Vaes Dothrak, and she had more then enough reason to burn Qarth and Volantis to the ground but didn't. She has been through so many travesties and hardships in the past but suddenly she can't take them anymore?

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

They are both similar character in dealing with hardships. Jon has been more level headed then Dany throughout the series but he has only gotten stronger with those hardships. Thats the point, Dany at the very end when she was about to leave Mereen you could see a very different person then the one you saw when she first got there. She knew there would be staunch opposition to her claim to the throne. She knew people hated the Targeryans because of her father, she knew she would have work to do. And she cracks over loss and succession rights that she has already has seen and been through before?

Jon didn't steal anything. Jon told her he didn't even want it. That would have been enough for Dany in the past and she had the chance to win the love of the people in King's Landing. I have already been over this before, the people down south don't know Jon. Jon would know this, Tyrion would know this and would have explained it Dany. Outside of the North Jon is a unknown ruler. So not only did she have him refuse to take the throne, she had a completely blank slate to show who and what she is as she did countless times before and she chose to burn everything out of spite for no reason. She snapped for no good reason.

This goes back to the piss poor writing of making a story where there is none to be had. They simply chose to write it this way to create drama.

Ok, I'm out lol

Trying to compare Dany to Jon makes zero sense. I get baited into these things too easily, and if you can honestly shut down all of the evidence provided and then present THAT argument, it's not worth the aggravation. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Are you purposely being difficult. You said half, not me. I just didnt argue to keep the conversation progressing. Come on man, keep up.

Yes I did say half and you agreed and just a post before you argued that it was only 25% of the city.

So lets keep this simple.

King's Landing had 50% of it destroyed. Would you say more/less/or push?

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Yes I did say half and you agreed and just a post before you argued that it was only 25% of the city.

So lets keep this simple.

King's Landing had 50% of it destroyed. Would you say more/less/or push?

Agreed? 

You are smart. I know you are. I didnt agree, I bypassed arguing something that cant be proven. Its a dumb, unwinnable argument. I am not sure why you want to have it 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Agreed? 

You are smart. I know you are. I didnt agree, I bypassed arguing something that cant be proven. Its a dumb, unwinnable argument. I am not sure why you want to have it 

Because he likes to avoid actual evidence but switching subjects to something completely irrelevant. I recommend the ignore feature until the show is over. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It does seem like she burned the majority of the city, but it's hard to believe there wouldn't be a lot of survivors.  Hundreds of thousands probably died, but it would be unrealistic for the entire city to be dead.  There are always survivors in huge natural disasters.  This wouldn't be much different.

Now in the coming weeks, there would be way more deaths, but a figure of anywhere from 100K to 300K (assuming the population is actually around a million) seems like a good guess.  No way a million died.

Agreed. People easily over-believe what they see. I was telling everyone in real life that probably 30-35% of the Jon/Dannys army probably survived The Long Night but everyone was like “No dude theres only 20 of them left!!!!!” SMH.

200,000 people probably died by Dannya genocide (which is still a ton of people). I fully believe around 800,000 to still be alive. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Because he likes to avoid actual evidence but switching subjects to something completely irrelevant. I recommend the ignore feature until the show is over. 

Our disagreements with eachother run to deep for me to ignore. Weve been arguing for years. Cant stop now. 

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Ok, I'm out lol

Trying to compare Dany to Jon makes zero sense. I get baited into these things too easily, and if you can honestly shut down all of the evidence provided and then present THAT argument, it's not worth the aggravation. 

What evidence? She said she was going to burn down some cities but never has.

This is everybit as ridiculous as the "blue eyes" argument.

Hell I hear people at my work who hate their job saying "just one more time and im gonna burn this muther f***er to the ground", it's not forshadowing anything. People talk ish all the time, she has done some cruel things in the past but she has never gone after regular civilians like this.

When Ser Barristan died she didn't round up a bunch of regular people and set them ablaze, no she took people from where she believed the attacks were originated from and killed one person as a statement. You have no evidence of her totally losing it before, and the events leading up to this is not justification enough because she has dealt with these things for the last 7 seasons of people standing in the way of the throne, losing friends, the population wanting her dead. Never stopped her before.