Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

3 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Because he likes to avoid actual evidence but switching subjects to something completely irrelevant. I recommend the ignore feature until the show is over. 

I literally showed pics of the entire city burning and half of it burning. Awaiting your evidence now.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

I literally showed pics of the entire city burning and half of it burning. Awaiting your evidence now.

No.

You.

Didnt.

Wake up homie. You are making up things to support your stance. That is the #1 sign of a weak argument.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It does seem like she burned the majority of the city, but it's hard to believe there wouldn't be a lot of survivors.  Hundreds of thousands probably died, but it would be unrealistic for the entire city to be dead.  There are always survivors in huge natural disasters.  This wouldn't be much different.

Now in the coming weeks, there would be way more deaths, but a figure of anywhere from 100K to 300K (assuming the population is actually around a million) seems like a good guess.  No way a million died.

Never argued a million died. Just argued if you put fish and a barrel and fired away you were going to get quite a bit of them. And that's what this was. Even the crypts of the Redkeep that go deep underground weren't safe and as far as anyone knows there are no basements in Kingslanding outside of one tunnel to a brothel in the books but that's not in the show.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

No.

You.

Didnt.

Wake up homie. You are making up things to support your stance. That is the #1 sign of a weak argument.

Oh i forgot you came up with the lame excuse that you couldnt' see anything with all the smoke(grey) and what not.

Again why do you think that is?

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Oh i forgot you came up with the lame excuse that you couldnt' see anything with all the smoke(grey) and what not.

Again why do you think that is?

To forshadow that not everything is shown on screen to people like..... you.

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

To forshadow that not everything is shown on screen to people like..... you.

Even though everything from the Redkeep to the outer gates was burned? Even D&D confirmed this, Arya the expert on how to stay out of sight and choose the best possible places to move to survive went through literal hell to get out of the city but according to you not much of it was burned? Even the showrunners disagree with you?

11 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

courtesy-of-hbo-1557943868-1557946580061

Dont know whats to argue over when we saw the Unsullied outside Winterfell. And we get "Half".

You're right about that and I already commented on it. There was really no solid reason for this to happen the way it did with Dany if they wanted it this way then they should have fleshed it out much more.

But where are they here? Is that King's Landing? I can't tell cause everything looks destroyed and covered in ash.

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

But where are they here? Is that King's Landing? I can't tell cause everything looks destroyed and covered in ash.

Well it isnt Winterfell right?
King's Landing is the place that just got torched.......

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

You're right about that and I already commented on it. There was really no solid reason for this to happen the way it did with Dany if they wanted it this way then they should have fleshed it out much more.

Thats KL from the preview. Shes apparently walking down from the Red Keep. Must have parked Drogon up there.

Just now, Leader said:

Well it isnt Winterfell right?
King's Landing is the place that just got torched.......

I was being sarcastic with the conversation that I just had.

But ya never know with D&D. They could be on the outskirts of Winterfell the beginning of the next episode.

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

There was really no solid reason for this to happen the way it did with Dany

Their solid reason can be as simple as "this is they way they wanted it to go." Someone put them into position to do this job.

When you're a big writer/director/etc.. you go ahead and do what you do the way you want to. 

12 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

if they wanted it this way then they should have fleshed it out much more.

Many would and do agree with this. Others don't feel that they needed to spoon feed this development out any more than they did. Most everyone understands by now that time constraints were at play. I don't mean to keep harping like a jerk about this. It is not personal for me at all.. though the "deal with it" memes keep flashing in my mind when reading through these pages. It just IS WHAT IT IS. 

btw, that was a fun vid (Ozzy) that you recently posted in this thread, @Matts4313, thanks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Hell I hear people at my work who hate their job saying "just one more time and im gonna burn this muther f***er to the ground", it's not forshadowing anything.

But... thats reality. You do know there is a pretty big difference between fiction and reality right? 

• Like 1