Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm curious as to why the fact that Jon knew Aemon hasn't been brought up. You would have thought that it was something that he could have brought up immediately to strike up a friendship or at least crack the ice with Dany when he arrived there. Maybe he figured after trying that with Lyanna Mormont that it didn't help matters much. 

They could be waiting for Jorah to return to tie them in that way

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Why is the water so deep? They should be like 3 feet from the shore

With as many stones it took to build every building in Kings Landing and its walls. I look at it as a rock quarry.

The landscape has giant boulders everywhere. Then this deep pit, with a shallow stream running off from it. Gravel quarry not far from me works same way, its tapped out of gravel, became a super deep pond, with a little stream leading off from it a few miles to a creek.

Checking out episode 4 again to look at that water. I picked up on something else.

Podrick has been learning to fight for years now from the Aaron Rodgers of swordfighting. And he sucks so bad. See Glennon tonight play? Hes that level of terrible. Sam would stomp him in a sword fight. He was already training when Arya and Hound ran into them. Arya spends months getting to Penthos, becomes a master assassin spends months returning to Winterfel. While Podrick trains 2 hours every day with Aaron Rodgers and couldnt beat a scarecrow.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Checking out episode 4 again to look at that water. I picked up on something else.

Podrick has been learning to fight for years now from the Aaron Rodgers of swordfighting. And he sucks so bad. See Glennon tonight play? Hes that level of terrible. Sam would stomp him in a sword fight. He was already training when Arya and Hound ran into them. Arya spends months getting to Penthos, becomes a master assassin spends months returning to Winterfel. While Podrick trains 2 hours every day with Aaron Rodgers and couldnt beat a scarecrow.

24de1a0ceaa8329c54c1e2aa5f496f35.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

wasn't the hilt and pommel changed out to a wolf? I doubt he would recognize it at a glance unless someone actually calls its longclaw. 

I believe the name stayed the same. At least in the books it did. And the pommel Is the same material as well, just reshaped to a wolf rather than bear. I think thats the way it was in the books. The hilt would be the same, and given that its valaryian steel, i think jorah would recognize it. But they could have changed all that obviously. Could be wrong.

I also think that Jon's the type of dude who would tell jorah out of some weird respect thing

Edited by Forge

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

I believe the name stayed the same. At least in the books it did. And the pommel Is the same material as well, just reshaped to a wolf rather than bear. I think thats the way it was in the books. The hilt would be the same, and given that its valaryian steel, i think jorah would recognize it. But they could have changed all that obviously. Could be wrong.

I also think that Jon's the type of dude who would tell jorah out of some weird respect thing

well all you see of a sword on someones waist is the hilt and with that having had some changes i doubt Jorah would recognize it instantly unless someone says something about it.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

well all you see of a sword on someones waist is the hilt and with that having had some changes i doubt Jorah would recognize it instantly unless someone says something about it.

Thats true. The sword would definitely have to be drawn, i agree with that.