Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Bring back Gendry is cool but I'm a little irked that he gets to join the power rangers and go north of the wall. Kind of expected him to just end up in Winterfell crafting weapons with all that new obsidian they just acquired. Would have made more sense tbh. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, scar988 said:

To be fair, the hammer was pretty awesome. It's as if he researched about what his dad used in war and decided whether or not to learn how to use one.

Gendry channeling his dad and wrecking dudes with a warhammer is easily my favorite part of the episode. He's also a blacksmith so the hammer makes sense that way as well. He jumped pretty close to the top of my favorite character list in about a split second. The Baratheons are awesome. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

Gendry channeling his dad and wrecking dudes with a warhammer is easily my favorite part of the episode. He's also a blacksmith so the hammer makes sense that way as well. He jumped pretty close to the top of my favorite character list in about a split second. The Baratheons are awesome. 

Until Robert became a drunk as king, he was apparently a great warrior. Just was an atrocious king.

Just now, scar988 said:

Until Robert became a drunk as king, he was apparently a great warrior. Just was an atrocious king.

And honestly compared to just about everyone after him he was actually a pretty cool king. Like to party a lot but didn't go killing people non stop. 

Just now, skywindO2 said:

I'm completely over the Sansa/Littlefinger and even Arya storyline now. It all seems really inconsequential given everything else.

Yep. Sansa and Arya feuding over nothing are the new sand snakes and LF has become an irrelevant pervert instead with zero political capital.

11 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Could also mean Jon doesn't have to bend the knee and he could be the king of the north while she rules the rest separately.

The problem with this is that Jon technically has no claim to King of the North.  He's a legal son of a Targaryen.  Maybe the Lords of the North will overlook that (or never find out, though that's incredibly unlikely), but when it comes to birthrights and all that then Jon is SOL when it comes to the North.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

The problem with this is that Jon technically has no claim to King of the North.  He's a legal son of a Targaryen.  Maybe the Lords of the North will overlook that (or never find out, though that's incredibly unlikely), but when it comes to birthrights and all that then Jon is SOL when it comes to the North.

Didn't Robb name him as his heir? He is also still part Stark, just not on the father's side. 

3 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Didn't Robb name him as his heir? He is also still part Stark, just not on the father's side. 

Did he name him his heir in the show?  I know he did in the books.

That declaration was also made without all the knowledge.  I'm pretty sure him being a legal son of a Targaryen, even if his mother was a Stark, makes his claim to the North essentially nothing.  Only way IMO that he remains their King is if they overlook his bloodline because he was raised in the North, has already been named King, etc.

8 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Going to be interesting to see if Arya actually believes the note or calls LF bluff and kills him.

I for one see Sansa explaining the note easily. She was clearly under duress. If LF is trying to put a wedge between Arya and Sansa with the scroll, I don't think it will work and could see Arya killing LF.

Arya reading Sansa's face was a great scene. "You don't like that you want it.. but you do."

She can tell if people are lying, she can lie virtually flawlessly, can go super-stealth, steal faces, can fight openly with the best of Westoros, is armed with Valyrian steel, can apparently pick locks and is familiar with poisoning, and isn't above killing in a sneaky fashion. Truly the OP character in the show right now, and is blasting up my character power rankings.

Edited by cddolphin

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

How were Jaime and Bronn not captured? 

Incredibly ridiculous to me, but oh well.  No way Dany or Tyrion just forgets about them, leaves them to die, lets them get away, etc.  Plus Bronn and him swimming that far underwater with all that armor...nuh uh.