Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, BayRaider said:

He's a bastard so he has no claim. 

I would bet a lot of money that Jon (or whoever is ruling) legitimizes him after Gendry helps in the war (assuming the right people survive).  Make sure yet another great house doesn't get lost to time.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

I would bet a lot of money that Jon (or whoever is ruling) legitimizes him after Gendry helps in the war (assuming the right people survive).  Make sure yet another great house doesn't get lost to time.

Question...can Jon legitimize himself?

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

People don't want a Robert Rebellion series to learn new information, they just want to watch the spectacle happen. 

I agree, GRRM doesn't. He doesn't want to tell the story. 

We're not doing Robert's Rebellion either. I know thousands of you want that, I know there's a petition... but by the time I finish writing A SONG OF ICE & FIRE, you will know every important thing that happened in Robert's Rebellion. There would be no surprises or revelations left in such a show, just the acting out of conflicts whose resolutions you already know. That's not a story I want to tell just now; it would feel too much like a twice-told tale. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

None of the spinoffs deal with Robert's Rebellion. GRRM has said that by the time the main story ends, we will know everything there is to know about the Rebellion, and thus there was no need for a main story to cover this.

I hope the television execs feel otherwise. Fall of an empire juxtaposed with the rise of another empire always makes for good TV.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

I hope the television execs feel otherwise. Fall of an empire juxtaposed with the rise of another empire always makes for good TV.

Unfortunately, it's already been said that none of the 5 spin offs are about Robert's Rebellion. They are also not about Dunk and Egg. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He didn't rule out the Dance with Dragons though, so that's good. That would definitely be a story I'd be interested in watching unfold, though the cgi cost for all those dragons would certainly be prohibitive. 

Budget wise, Robert's Rebellion would be a small investment for a huge payoff. I think if HBO wants it enough, Martin would give the go ahead. Money beats feels. 

I wonder how a series on the fall of Valyria might work. Not even sure Martin has figured out what happened there completely. 

4 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Budget wise, Robert's Rebellion would be a small investment for a huge payoff. I think if HBO wants it enough, Martin would give the go ahead. Money beats feels. 

I wonder how a series on the fall of Valyria might work. Not even sure Martin has figured out what happened there completely. 

Depends on how much they want the new series to be able to tie into the Game of Thrones story. The doom of valyria would be completely divorced from the main story - the only thing tying them together would be that they are in the same world. You wouldn't even have ancestors of the family we know outside of maybe the Targs. The belief is that Valyria suffered from a natural disaster (possibly volcanic eruptions), and if that is the case, I'm not sure what kind of story you're actually working toward there. 

1 hour ago, jyod21 said:

Robert was actually the acting king though.  Rhaegar was never the king.  Wouldn't the lineage go to the next sibling, before just going to the son of a prince, who never acted as king?

No, inheritance rules always go down the eldest  bloodline in order.

King -> King's first born -> King's first born's first born -> King's second born -> King's second born's first born.

So Rhaegar's children are ahead of Dany in succession.