Le'Veon Bell

famousj

I still think we are the fav to land Bell. He loves the attention and you can get a lot of attention in New York. I think he likes the idea of being with the Jets because of Darnold. Bell will also get a chance to go against Bill B twice a year which I think he would love to do. 

19 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I still think we are the fav to land Bell. He loves the attention and you can get a lot of attention in New York. I think he likes the idea of being with the Jets because of Darnold. Bell will also get a chance to go against Bill B twice a year which I think he would love to do. 

I don't think so, he probably doesn't even know who Darnold is. At one time I thought we had a 75% chance of getting him, but after what he said about Luck and the Colts, I think our chance of getting him are less than 50/50. like all the other people on this board I also want him real bad. I HOPE II AM WRONG.

I just feel like our offseason is going to be tremendously disappointing and we won’t improve nearly as much as some of you think. I think we really need to manage expectations. I’ve really tried to be positive with this team but my god are they just flat out bad. It isn’t just the coaching. We just don’t have much talent either. Not to mention a ton of players that we thought were good really aren’t. I pray we get a top three pick and have the ability to trade back and get as many picks as possible. We still need to rebuild. We aren’t even close. It is time to start over from the beginning, hopefully we have the QB. 

35 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I just feel like our offseason is going to be tremendously disappointing and we won’t improve nearly as much as some of you think. I think we really need to manage expectations. I’ve really tried to be positive with this team but my god are they just flat out bad. It isn’t just the coaching. We just don’t have much talent either. Not to mention a ton of players that we thought were good really aren’t. I pray we get a top three pick and have the ability to trade back and get as many picks as possible. We still need to rebuild. We aren’t even close. It is time to start over from the beginning, hopefully we have the QB. 

Ya it’s big time on Bell much like last years was on Cousins. 

11 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Lol at you thinking Darnold is gonna make Bell come here. 

14 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I am starting to worry about the offseason also. We should do fine with our first round pick, but than we don't pick again till the third round. The 2019 FA market for us all about us signing  Bell, but this could be like the Cousins FIASCO last year. By us not showcasing Darnolds, sure doesn't help us. And the way Luck is playing & five straight wins by the Colts could point Bell to the Colts.

Our dysfunctional front office sure isn't helping.

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am starting to worry about the offseason also. We should do fine with our first round pick, but than we don't pick again till the third round. The 2019 FA market for us all about us signing  Bell, but this could be like the Cousins FIASCO last year. By us not showcasing Darnolds, sure doesn't help us. And the way Luck is playing & five straight wins by the Colts could point Bell to the Colts.

Our dysfunctional front office sure isn't helping.

I'm 100% worried about the offseason and even bigger us ruining our QB. We name all these teams that have gotten it right with a young QB...

LA with Goff, Philly with Wentz, KC with Mahomes, Chicago with Trubisky, Houson with Watson, etc.

These teams all got it right either right away or by the QBs 2nd year. Now I know this is Darnolds rookie year.. but it just leaves WAY TOO MUCH we have to do in order to get it right by his 2nd year.

Do we really see us doing all of this...

1. Getting a great offensive mind at HC?

2. Getting a great offensive mind at OC?

3. Rebuilding the OL?

4. Getting a difference maker at RB?

5. Getting Darnold some WR weapons?

All this cant be done in 1 off season. But if you look at all the teams I mentioned above... they pretty much have that in place for their young QB. You even look at teams like Cleveland and Arizona and they're in such a better position than us to make their QB succeed. They actually have players on their offense that are useful. Cleveland has talent around Mayfield already. So the comparison will be the QBs but IMO its the franchises that should be getting compared and right now every single franchise in the NFL is building teams better than us.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm 100% worried about the offseason and even bigger us ruining our QB. We name all these teams that have gotten it right with a young QB...

LA with Goff, Philly with Wentz, KC with Mahomes, Chicago with Trubisky, Houson with Watson, etc.

These teams all got it right either right away or by the QBs 2nd year. Now I know this is Darnolds rookie year.. but it just leaves WAY TOO MUCH we have to do in order to get it right by his 2nd year.

Do we really see us doing all of this...

1. Getting a great offensive mind at HC?

2. Getting a great offensive mind at OC?

3. Rebuilding the OL?

4. Getting a difference maker at RB?

5. Getting Darnold some WR weapons?

All this cant be done in 1 off season. But if you look at all the teams I mentioned above... they pretty much have that in place for their young QB. You even look at teams like Cleveland and Arizona and they're in such a better position than us to make their QB succeed. They actually have players on their offense that are useful. Cleveland has talent around Mayfield already. So the comparison will be the QBs but IMO its the franchises that should be getting compared and right now every single franchise in the NFL is building teams better than us.

What you say is true, what makes matters worst don't the Colts have out two second round picks in the 2019 draft. With those two picks they can sure up their defensive. What I read on this board & read and hear in the media thing don't look good for the Jets.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Gonna go gage the interest the Colts fans on here think they'll have in Bell today.

A couple of days ago on NFL Network, Reggie Wayne said hyperbolically that he’s ready to pick up Bell from the airport. I’d bet Reggie still has connections in Indy so I feel there was a touch of truth in his statement and Indy’s interest is real. 

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

Bell has made it clear.  He is going to the highest bidder, period.  He is only interested in getting the contract he wants.  Team is secondary.

Then why is talking about the Colts & luck. Do you really think he want to play for a 5-11 team.

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Then why is talking about the Colts & luck. Do you really think he want to play for a 5-11 team.

He just gave up almost 15 million.  Pitt is leading their division and going to the playoffs.  I think it is clear he only cares about one thing. $45+ million  guaranteed like Gurley received.  So if Indy offers up that much he will be there unless someone offers more.

This draft is extremely weak at the top offensively. We almost have to go defense. As long as it’s EDGE or Cornerback I can live with it. 

A lot of good offensive players currently in the league were found in Round 3 so I think we can get a really good pair of offensive players there. Maybe an OL/WR combo of some sort. 

A lot depends on free agency and what holes we fill and also if Macc is here. 

I trust him to hit in Round 1 but once it’s over I might not watch the mess he creates with that early third and late third.

Archived