Playoff Watch

Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

browns in the 8th spot 

i will take that all season

the schedule gets much easier from here forward

You think our schedule gets easier from here forward?

I thought the oakland + Jets games was the easiest stretch on the calendar.

Chargers are similar to the Ravens, but with a better QB.  Steelers in Pitt, KC, Falcons, at Cincy is a tough stretch.

The good news is it seems the easier games out of conference are away (Texans, Broncos, Buccs) and the more difficult games are home (Chiefs, Falcons, Panthers, Chargers) but cincy we play twice and both the ravens and steelers we have to play on their field.

I don't think what is left is impossible but I don't necessarily think it gets easier....

43 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Chargers are similar to the Ravens, but with a better QB.  Steelers in Pitt, KC, Falcons, at Cincy is a tough stretch.

The good news is it seems the easier games out of conference are away (Texans, Broncos, Buccs) and the more difficult games are home (Chiefs, Falcons, Panthers, Chargers) but cincy we play twice and both the ravens and steelers we have to play on their field.

I don't think what is left is impossible but I don't necessarily think it gets easier....

That Houston game is interesting. Watson's mobility is a legitimate concern, not to mention their receivers playing very well and the emergence of Coutee. JJ Watt will be a nice test for Harrison.

But yeah, the Broncos and Bucs should be wins. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself because the Denver defense could be a challenge, and Jaemis always has potential to ball out every now and then.

I think the Falcons are a must-win because their defense is so depleted, if Baker doesn't have a field day, I'd be a bit disappointed.

And I don't have my hopes up for that Chiefs game but man Mahomes v. Mayfield is an exciting matchup.

2 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

The falcons completely suck. It’s just Matt Ryan and their WRs. The defense is college level.

23 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

23 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

it is extremely tough to go down this schedule and say win loss

like i said chargers are only 500. on the road we are undefeated hence i think we will win.

the only game i do not think we will win at home is kc.

this gives us 6 wins then all you have to do is verses the nfc is win there building a much easier task then counting on wins in new orleans who is the class of there division.

I also think cinci when they are done is a 500.00 team they are going to have a really tough time with afc north teams in there buildings

12 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

it is extremely tough to go down this schedule and say win loss

like i said chargers are only 500. on the road we are undefeated hence i think we will win.

the only game i do not think we will win at home is kc.

this gives us 6 wins then all you have to do is verses the nfc is win there building a much easier task then counting on wins in new orleans who is the class of there division.

I also think cinci when they are done is a 500.00 team they are going to have a really tough time with afc north teams in there buildings

I certainly hope your right.  I think as the season progresses baker will improve and hopefully play calling with him will improve dramatically, so teams I don't think we can beat now we come up close against them.  It seems like our defense will keep us in every game though, which is certainly a nice change from years past...

I know one thing i can see the the ceiling buy the end of the year being on the defense being much higher baltimore was double teaming on the holds on garrett if we get those calls this game is not even close

and san diego line is weak at best rivers may not make it through this game 

19 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Past week Baker and Ward stepped up. This week it would be great to see Myles, njoku, or peppers have a huge game, or even one of the RBs or Landry. 

Peppers played pretty damned well last week iyam.

Landry is due.  For 15 million a year we need a lot more production.

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Peppers played pretty damned well last week iyam.

Played well, I agree, best game of his career perhaps.

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Landry is due.  For 15 million a year we need a lot more production.

Totally, don't think he is on target for 100 receptions.

54 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Totally, don't think he is on target for 100 receptions.

I think the hard thing is Bad QB's throw to the receivers they trust.

Good QB's throw to the open guy.

With Baker, Landry is going to have to get open more often.  I don't know with the routes Hailey is having him run (less crossing short routes and more deep routes) that he will have the same production on the browns that he had on the dolphins, but that doesn't mean hes not impactful.  

That being said if he gets open more he will get the ball more based on what ive seen.

Archived