Playoff Watch

Kiwibrown

3 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

I think the hard thing is Bad QB's throw to the receivers they trust.

Good QB's throw to the open guy.

With Baker, Landry is going to have to get open more often.  I don't know with the routes Hailey is having him run (less crossing short routes and more deep routes) that he will have the same production on the browns that he had on the dolphins, but that doesn't mean hes not impactful.  

That being said if he gets open more he will get the ball more based on what ive seen.

Yeah, even if we had a Julio, Antonio or Gordon I would hope Baker would still hit the best option on the play not the best wide receiver just because he is the best. If we get a diva he probably won't be happy. Well, unless he is always beating his guy. I think we can build our offense with solid receivers and spend the big money elsewhere. If we draft a guy and he is a stud that is one thing but I wouldn't go the trade route or free agent route to bring in a stud WR because I don't think we'll need it. Use those resources elsewhere.

I think we are more talented than all teams in our division bar maybe Cincinnati. 

We will go as far as Baker takes us really. 

Agree regarding coaching, the best coach imo is Harbaugh in balt, his teams are disciplined and organized, his team holds him back.

8 minutes ago, Onizuka said:

I agree, honestly believe this team is already special, but could be so much better with better coaching.

Ehh, I dont believe Hue is actually doing anything--he has no control over the any sort of playcalling and I cant remember a major mistake in a game yet coming from a game management standpoint. The only thing I would like to see cleaned up is Haleys playcalling. I love what he does between the 20s--but his knack for getting too cute with trick plays in scoring position worries me. I wonder if he can take the hint and ease back to more traditional playcalling in the redzone.

Its almost like he calls plays like a 16 year old playing Madden

Yeah, Hue doesn't have that much control anymore but what he does control he should be fine tuning and not making many mistakes. Such as when to go for 2, when to use timeouts, when to go for 4th and 1, those kind of things. Even if they don't always work out make good decisions.

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ehh, I dont believe Hue is actually doing anything--he has no control over the any sort of playcalling and I cant remember a major mistake in a game yet coming from a game management standpoint. The only thing I would like to see cleaned up is Haleys playcalling. I love what he does between the 20s--but his knack for getting too cute with trick plays in scoring position worries me. I wonder if he can take the hint and ease back to more traditional playcalling in the redzone.

Its almost like he calls plays like a 16 year old playing Madden

Though I'm still not a big fan of Hue because of his personality and characteristic to throw people under the bus, belittle plays, and knack of taking undeserved credit; I meant overall. At times, I hate the offensive play calling because it's too predictable and same with the defensive scheme. There have been a few games where I felt our defense was being set up for failure due to the scheming, like the Raiders game or seeing a deep safety on 3rd and short occasionally.

I still also think the whole getting players to play hard thing is overblown...past coaches like Mangini and Chud had players playing hard at all times. A lot of our players are young and love the game, while others understand it's a job and they need to go 100% at all times so that they can remain employed by us or another team.

13 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, Hue doesn't have that much control anymore but what he does control he should be fine tuning and not making many mistakes. Such as when to go for 2, when to use timeouts, when to go for 4th and 1, those kind of things. Even if they don't always work out make good decisions.

Assuming he is going to get replaced after this year (If he does) I have heard names from Riley to Defllipo to Schwartz as potential replacement candidates. For some reason nobody is talking about the guy I want most---Bruce Arians. Considering he previously stated he wanted the Browns job years ago and hes offensive minded prowess-- I think he would be a great fit.

He likes a much more vertical attacking offense which kinda goes against Bakers skillset of being a westcoast high comp% QB but I really think he could at LEAST get more out of the players and manage the games better with timeouts, gameplans, ect. What he did in Arizona with Carson Palmer/Larry Fitz was amazing considering they were both glue factory. Not to mention David Johnson hasnt looked the same this year with their new coach. One could say David Johnsons success was directly tied to Arians offense---which in that case gimme all of that.

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t want a geezer like arians, I want a young coach to grow with Baker and this roster.

Im tryna build a gotdam dynasty here.

Like......who? Flip is the only one that comes to mind. Plus Im not sold on Hue leaving. If they go 7-9 this year or 8-8 you know Jimmy isnt firing Hue

Archived