Playoff Watch

Kiwibrown

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

With the preparation they’ve put into TuhRod, making Baker the starter before the bye would be a huge error imo.

I agree, especially when you consider the high 3rd round pick that they gave up for him and the $$$ that they have invested in him as well. 

If they wanted Baker to play, he should never been starting all summer.

I don't disagree with this either. I've made my like for Tyrod and his veteran game management type presence well known. I think that it's what a young team needs. I know that he is an extremely frustrating player at times and will never get you to the next level, but he's a nice stopgap.

I truly don’t think Hue, or Dorsey, will give Taylor the hook anytime soon.

Hue needs to win NOW to keep his job.

Dorsey wants Baker in only when he's ready because he's tied to his success as well. Throw in what Dorsey has invested in Tyrod, giving up on him also makes him look bad.

That said, once we get to 8 losses or are completely overwhelmed at the QB position and it's obviously costing us games, you move on to the rookie...as long as the OL is solid enough to protect him.

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I agree, especially when you consider the high 3rd round pick that they gave up for him and the $$$ that they have invested in him as well. 

The investment doesn’t mean much to me, we had a huge war chest.

I don't disagree with this either. I've made my like for Tyrod and his veteran game management type presence well known. I think that it's what a young team needs. I know that he is an extremely frustrating player at times and will never get you to the next level, but he's a nice stopgap.

Yeah, we just need a guy to not lose us games and make smart decisions, which is what TuhRod has done historically.

Hue needs to win NOW to keep his job.

Dorsey wants Baker in only when he's ready because he's tied to his success as well. Throw in what Dorsey has invested in Tyrod, giving up on him also makes him look bad.

That said, once we get to 8 losses or are completely overwhelmed at the QB position and it's obviously costing us games, you move on to the rookie...as long as the OL is solid enough to protect him.

Yeah, I’d rather lose a few more games this year than start Baker unprepared/prematurely.  I’ll be somewhat surprised if he doesn’t start a few games this year, but more surprised if he’s starting anytime soon.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Weather has to be considered.

QB’s get a mulligan in weather like that, especially week 1 with a whole new team.

I think if you expect anything different than a lackluster conservative performance on Sunday you’re gonna be dissapppinted.  Can our defense stop brees at home after they got embarrassed?

15 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I think if you expect anything different than a lackluster conservative performance on Sunday you’re gonna be dissapppinted.  Can our defense stop brees at home after they got embarrassed?

Oh he’s gonna be conservative for sure, but we do have playmakers to help him.

As far as the defense, idk, but there’s a lot to like. Crazier things have happened.

Steelers and Saints on the road is a tough way to start a season.

I think you've made excellent points, @LETSGOBROWNIES, but I'd have to think there's still a chance TT gets benched early into the season. His play can be so frustrating that it could lead the coaches to act on it. If he continues to miss throws, take sacks, and hinder this team, they're gonna make a move. 

Why would Buffalo even consider throwing Peterman to the wolves last year if they weren't fed up with him. Sure, it was the end of the season, but this Browns team has a far greater urgency to win now. 

Ultimately, time will tell.

This team and coaching staff needs to win now. Hue knows he’s on thin ice and has a limited window to win. If Tie-rod continues the suck but stays out there, the logical conclusion would be that he’s still more capable of helping Cleveland win games at this stage. If they are better off with Baker, which they probably aren’t right now, I see no reason to wait.

Just now, MistaBohmbastic said:

I think you've made excellent points, @LETSGOBROWNIES, but I'd have to think there's still a chance TT gets benched early into the season. His play can be so frustrating that it could lead the coaches to act on it. If he continues to miss throws, take sacks, and hinder this team, they're gonna make a move. 

I’m not arguing that, but I guess my point is more along the lines of if they were that bothered by missed throws and sacks, they’d have never acquired him.  Or at least I hope not...

Why would Buffalo even consider throwing Peterman to the wolves last year if they weren't fed up with him. Sure, it was the end of the season, but this Browns team has a far greater urgency to win now. 

Incompetence at evaluating qb?  I mean, Peterman, Allen?

Ultimately, time will tell.

Fo sho.

3 hours ago, mistakey said:

they wont go week 3 baker, its a short week (thursday game).  if anything it will be week 4 or bye or when hue gets fired for sucking so bad

Alright. I'll compromise. Week 4 after 0-2-1. Tyrod is pulled by Haley who promptly starts Baker.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

With the preparation they’ve put into TuhRod, making Baker the starter before the bye would be a huge error imo.

If they wanted Baker to play, he should never been starting all summer.

Yup. It was a catastrophic error on their part, basically saying we are going to mail it in one more season. Mayfield is the type of rookie one starts.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Yup. It was a catastrophic error on their part, basically saying we are going to mail it in one more season. Mayfield is the type of rookie one starts.

nuh uh, Baker is Kizer and that didn't work. Aaron Rodgers sat 3 years and is good. Case closed.

On 9/11/2018 at 12:19 PM, Thomas5737 said:

nuh uh, Baker is Kizer and that didn't work. Aaron Rodgers sat 3 years and is good. Case closed.

Word. Brock Osweiler sat for 3 years behind Peyton and is now a monster. Wait.

I agree, there is no blueprint for starting/sitting young QBs. Everybody has been chasing that 'Well Rodgers did it" narrative for years. Years teams have been more inclined to bench rookie QBs because of the Favre/Rodgers thing. 

Archived