Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

I feel bad for Dak. This guy wasnt reall6 refined  or had great athletic ability to get by on. But he was able to work the offense when we played a certain way in 2016. He obviously had drawbacks and everyone knew he was a project but he was very good at what he was asked to do that year.  What this coaching staff has done is nothing short of embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

"We're just getting open. That's all we can do," Beasley said, via Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "If you watch the tape, that's all you've got to do. A lot of people aren't watching the tape. They're just assuming. That's fine."

According to Next Gen Stats, Beasley is averaging 2.8 yards per separation on his 16 targets this season, exactly the median among receivers with at least five targets (for some comparison, Ex-Cowboy Ryan Switzer, now with Pittsburgh, is averaging 3.4). Deonte Thompson averages 2.1 yards of separation, Allen Hurns 2.5, Tavon Austin 3.9, and Michael Gallup 1.8.

One source of frustration for the Cowboys' receiver room is the lack of opportunities.

"Any receiver is frustrated when you get the ball three times. But any playmaker wants the ball and if they say they don't they're lying," Beasley said. "Nobody is down in the dumps or anything. In our room, we get satisfaction out of getting separation whether the ball comes our way or not."

lol that's funny and sad at the same time 

Hey Daboys....

I SHOWED THIS TO YOU EARLY IN THE DAMN WEEK BUT YOU REFUSED TO WATCH THE TAPE!

It was very clear from the all 22 that the blame was 1/3 Dak, 1/3 blocking and 1/3 playcalling. In fact, I said "The WRs are actually getting open." and made the comment that "The play calling cant be completely to blame because the MAJORITY of every play there are guys open. But when they are open 1. Dak misses them, 2. protection is awful or 3. they drop the ball"...... 

Ive literally been harping this point all week long for you all to watch the tape. It might change your understanding of whats happening. 

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Hey Daboys....

I SHOWED THIS TO YOU EARLY IN THE DAMN WEEK BUT YOU REFUSED TO WATCH THE TAPE!

It was very clear from the all 22 that the blame was 1/3 Dak, 1/3 blocking and 1/3 playcalling. In fact, I said "The WRs are actually getting open." and made the comment that "The play calling cant be completely to blame because the MAJORITY of every play there are guys open. But when they are open 1. Dak misses them, 2. protection is awful or 3. they drop the ball"...... 

Ive literally been harping this point all week long for you all to watch the tape. It might change your understanding of whats happening. 

I have long felt that Dak sucks, and it's not the WRs fault. Much longer than this week. But welcome to the dark side. 

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

I have long felt that Dak sucks, and it's not the WRs fault. Much longer than this week. But welcome to the dark side. 

Way to twist what I said. 

Now go watch the all 22 and see how god awful our blocking has been. And see how Zeke was crap as well (in the pass game). And then you might finally be at my level homie. 

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Now go watch the all 22 and see how god awful our blocking has been. And see how Zeke was crap as well (in the pass game). And then you might finally be at my level homie. 

You created a whole thread to convince me Dak sucks and that's why we are losing.

Just eat the crow. It's good with cracked black pepper. 

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

You created a whole thread to convince me Dak sucks and that's why we are losing.

Just eat the crow. It's good with cracked black pepper. 

That wasnt why I created the thread at all. 

It was first simply because I found it mind blowing. That a 175 yard 75% completion 1 td game  will almost always beat a 300 yard 60% completion 3td 1 int game. 

The second point was to show you statistically the run games only job is to make the passing game efficient. 

The third was to open discussion on how this affects the Cowboys.  

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That wasnt why I created the thread at all. 

It was first simply because I found it mind blowing. That a 175 yard 75% completion 1 td game  will almost always beat a 300 yard 60% completion 3td 1 int game. 

The second point was to show you statistically the run games only job is to make the passing game efficient. 

The third was to open discussion on how this affects the Cowboys.  

Well we need more run game, because we aren't efficient enough.

Boom. We agree. Debate over.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

So many awful things about this team and yet we are to believe it's not the coaches fault. Billicheck lost Brady for an entire year and still went to the playoffs with Matt Cassell. Pederson won the SB with a back up QB. We could work with Dak if we had the coaching to do so. Coaching does matter. Look no further then what Rod has done with our DLine and how it operates the year he came on board as opposed to the year before that. 

Dak may be a lost cause but the HC and OC has been a loss from the start. We had a great game plan we stuck to in our playoff year and we totally abandoned it the next year. You can argue it's because Zeke was gone so what about this year through the first 3 games? People whined and complained when we did nothing but run the ball the majority of the time in 2016 but eventually it always got the results we wanted. We fell short because of a poor defensive roster going against A-Rod. But we havent even tried yet this year really outside of 2 quarters. We try to play catch up with our running and try to keep the pace with our passing game. It's just piss poor playcalling and coaching. There are some major renovations needed across the board. The FO made the right decision to do the draft the way they did. They were planning ahead instead of trying to live in the here and now. We have shown the ability to draft. We just need to make a few more adjustments on the roster and in the coaching and then we could get back on the right track. 

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

Is Dak repairable?  How does loss of Travis Frederick impact overall offensive performance?  How does Williams progress at LG?  

I ask these questions because the sample size of Dak sucking  suggests that he probably best suited as a back up qb

Williams was the second best OL in the Seattle game. I would be much more worried if Tyron Smith can go back to what he was. 

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

We average more yards per rush than we do per completion.

The guy also has under 500 yards passing in 3 games. There's really no way you can defend this guy being the future. If this front office still believes that Dak is the future after this season, we're be back in the Quincy Carter/Drew Henson years 

20 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

The guy also has under 500 yards passing in 3 games. There's really no way you can defend this guy being the future. If this front office still believes that Dak is the future after this season, we're be back in the Quincy Carter/Drew Henson years 

IMO, we are already there

even after dak, it’s gonna be a crap shoot getting a decent qb 

we got lucky romo fell in our laps

i still remember parcells asking the press where he’s supposed to find a qb

Archived