Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

Boys. Dak sucks big monkey balls right now , he's just flat out not good. You can say he doesn't have the weapons or enough protection. BUT he has enough, we aren't a patchwork offensive unit, he has enough talent to work with. 96 yards passing the first game ? what the hell are we sticking up for ?

Whatever is wrong with him I don't know because he lost something. He lost the "it" factor, he lost the ability to elevate the talent around him.

I gave him credit when he performed because he elevated the talent around him. But I will not turn blind when I CLEARLY know he is not playing up to an NFL standard.

Wake up everyone. Dak is a ISSUE. I'm not committed to any single player , I'm committed to our Dallas Cowboys. Thanks for the great rookie season Dak but we need you to perform right now. Or else I want us to find young talent in the draft that can.

I'm sick of mediocre. Sick of it.

21 hours ago, Northland said:

He came out of the Atlanta game shell shocked for sure. What's the solution?

Call plays that get the ball out of his hands as quickly as possible. 3 step drops. Trip sets, rub routes, bubble screens. 

Swaim does really suck. Id rather they give the rookie a chance.

The coaches are also tipping their hands when they put in Williams. Hes had a handful of snaps and 70% of those snaps have been running plays. So dont you think nfl players and coaches who study film vigorously dont pick up on these tendancies. Ray Lewis said years ago that the Cowboys offense was simplistic as hell. Long before Dak ever arrived. 

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Boys. Dak sucks big monkey balls right now , he's just flat out not good. You can say he doesn't have the weapons or enough protection. BUT he has enough, we aren't a patchwork offensive unit, he has enough talent to work with. 96 yards passing the first game ? what the hell are we sticking up for ?

Whatever is wrong with him I don't know because he lost something. He lost the "it" factor, he lost the ability to elevate the talent around him.

I gave him credit when he performed because he elevated the talent around him. But I will not turn blind when I CLEARLY know he is not playing up to an NFL standard.

Wake up everyone. Dak is a ISSUE. I'm not committed to any single player , I'm committed to our Dallas Cowboys. Thanks for the great rookie season Dak but we need you to perform right now. Or else I want us to find young talent in the draft that can.

I'm sick of mediocre. Sick of it.

It really cant all be pinpointed on one player/coach/anything. Football is too complicated for it to be that simple. 

I'm starting the Justin Herbert to Dallas hype train and will be saving everyone's tickets until Dak shows up. Will be waiting for everyone to show up to the station. I'm not blind, he sucks right now. sucks.

I will take a seat right at the front of the train with you. 

33 minutes ago, Revenant said:

I'm starting the Justin Herbert to Dallas hype train and will be saving everyone's tickets until Dak shows up. Will be waiting for everyone to show up to the station. I'm not blind, he sucks right now. sucks.

I will take a seat right at the front of the train with you

Hate to break it to you both but you unfortunately will be waiting 3 years for the John Stephen Jones hype train to come!! Good luck. May Jerry live to be 100!

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hate to break it to you both but you unfortunately will be waiting 3 years for the John Stephen Jones hype train to come!! Good luck. May Jerry live to be 100!

John Jones was competing for HS championships as a sophmore. He is a superb HS athlete. And Jerry is a national champion college athletes. 

Im not sure what you are suggesting. That because his name is Jones and has had the best access in the world to trainers and the health side that he will bust? 

I do love the stark contrasts we are seeing in this thread, people who want Dak out of town this second, and then the Dak apologists who are trying to shift the blame to just about everyone else. 

Is Dak a great QB? Absolutely not. Is he solely to blame? Absolutely not. He's not been playing well, but the team around him certainly hasn't been helping.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I do love the stark contrasts we are seeing in this thread, people who want Dak out of town this second, and then the Dak apologists who are trying to shift the blame to just about everyone else. 

Is Dak a great QB? Absolutely not. Is he solely to blame? Absolutely not. He's not been playing well, but the team around him certainly hasn't been helping.

Ok I guess I am back in this BUT first I must say that there isn't a single poster who has said Dak doesn't deserve some blame and doesn't have to improve. the problem lies in who gets what PCT. of blame and how much.

Some here actually think Dak is 90% of our problem. That alone is borderline incompetent IMO. In a team sport many factors contribute for success and failure. And While the QB is of vital importance of course, factors from surrounding player personnel and coaching play a huge role in any success or subsequent failings. In my eyes Dak is the least of those 3 problems. Coaching (inability to game adjust being number 1 by far) goes first then surrounding the QB with actually proven threats, not marginal (this might be too high) players. Dallas went from Witten to Swaim for an example, seriously???

While Dak's accuracy (number 1 complaint) is down, he has proven for quite a bit of time (25 games or so) that he can be much more accurate, poised with great toughness and intangibles. I don't believe a QB can be good for that many games then go bad by himself unless a major injury is involved. (the RG3 comparison is absurd after he snapped his leg)

And for those wanting Dak out already after 2 years plus 3 games, let me remind the naysayers on Dak, how many were calling for Romo's head in that same time period. Romo had, at that time thrown some of the most "back breaking" ill advised interceptions in Cowboy history, BUT he was given time, learned, progressed, and became clearly one of the best QBs in Dallas' history, debatably top 10 in the NFL during his time.

NONE of that happens, if the micro-wave, instant result posters on here would have attained their wish. But Romo did have absolutely great weapons and flourished.

Unfortunately Romo never obtained the ultimate prize, and that IMO was due to the very faulty coaching staff and/or poor GMing during his time. some say wasting his talents.

Let's not do the same with Dak.

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:
16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

John Jones was competing for HS championships as a sophmore. He is a superb HS athlete. And Jerry is a national champion college athletes. 

Im not sure what you are suggesting. That because his name is Jones and has had the best access in the world to trainers and the health side that he will bust?

Figured it would be obvious what I was referring to since my post was in response to the Justin Herbert to Dallas hype train?

You won't be drafting any replacement for Dak until Jerry's Grandson is eligible and the next face of the Franchise.

Now whether this superb Athlete with the best of the best of the best is an actual FQB at the NFL level or the next Dak guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Archived