Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I do love the stark contrasts we are seeing in this thread, people who want Dak out of town this second, and then the Dak apologists who are trying to shift the blame to just about everyone else. 

Is Dak a great QB? Absolutely not. Is he solely to blame? Absolutely not. He's not been playing well, but the team around him certainly hasn't been helping.

Biggest problem starts up front with FO and coaching staff. 

Dak could be workable but I fear what this staff has done to his ability. His poise was special his rookie year but it's getting worse and worse. I figure we could work around his accuracy. But what we see now with it I think is what we get and how it's going to be. It may be best just to move on if he doesn't improve drastically this year. 

24 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Biggest problem starts up front with FO and coaching staff. 

Dak could be workable but I fear what this staff has done to his ability. His poise was special his rookie year but it's getting worse and worse. I figure we could work around his accuracy. But what we see now with it I think is what we get and how it's going to be. It may be best just to move on if he doesn't improve drastically this year. 

But if Coaching and/or player personnel  don't drastically improve as well, is it fair to expect any QB to "drastically" improve.

6 hours ago, Danger said:

I do love the stark contrasts we are seeing in this thread, people who want Dak out of town this second, and then the Dak apologists who are trying to shift the blame to just about everyone else. 

Is Dak a great QB? Absolutely not. Is he solely to blame? Absolutely not. He's not been playing well, but the team around him certainly hasn't been helping.

I think you are forgetting one huge factor over here. He is due for a contract extension next season. So far he has shown nothing to prove worthy of it besides his rookie season.

The reason to give Dak such a big contract initially was the talk that he can offset the talent we will miss out by giving the cap space to his contract. 

This is a very complex concern but a lot of different angles, there are tons of concerns from both sides but I'm sharing form my side.

My concern is us giving him the contract and us being middle of the road. I hate dead set mediocre. Middle of the road. Because atleast when you are terrible you have the ability to clear everything and build a brand new franchise with a better future.

Right now are are sitting the the purgatory of 8-8 with illusions of a superbowl being 1 or 2 players away or a couple of coaching changes.

It's not just a Jerry Issue, the whole team is too stuck in their own ways to change and it makes me sick.

We need new talent at QB, a middle of the road QB won't do for this franchise, we have too many issues every year that sometimes I don't even blame the team for because it is out of our hands.

What a franchise QB that can carry the team does is weather the storm for the teams through times like this, our locker room, coaching staff, front office aren't in sync enough ever to do that. He has to be able to handle the team off the field and on. So far Dak can only do off the field.

Well then which of the following QB would you have taken —-   List of 1st rounders 

Though would have had to sell the farmt to get any of these 

Goff Wentz Lynch Mariota Winston

wentz Goff seems okay but neither has yet to really prove them themselves (done anything Dak hasn’t).  Now Goff wins a super bowl this year okay as he has a top flight D better recievers?  A RB who is more versatile. Wentz also better get to big dance as a back up win the super bowl last year with his team. Pity though both can’t do it this year so if face each other then can give a pass

53 minutes ago, quiller said:

Well then which of the following QB would you have taken —-   List of 1st rounders 

Though would have had to sell the farmt to get any of these 

Goff Wentz Lynch Mariota Winston

wentz Goff seems okay but neither has yet to really prove them themselves (done anything Dak hasn’t).  Now Goff wins a super bowl this year okay as he has a top flight D better recievers?  A RB who is more versatile. Wentz also better get to big dance as a back up win the super bowl last year with his team. Pity though both can’t do it this year so if face each other then can give a pass

At the rate we are playing right now I don't think we would need to do anything to qualify just fine to be in a great spot to grab Herbert or Lock if they come out. I cant name more than 3-4 teams in the NFL right now we can beat.

Many scouts are raving about Herbert right now.

33 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

At the rate we are playing right now I don't think we would need to do anything to qualify just fine to be in a great spot to grab Herbert or Lock if they come out. I cant name more than 3-4 teams in the NFL right now we can beat.

Many scouts are raving about Herbert right now.

There's a lot of potential there with Herbert. 

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Lets assume we don't suck enough to get him. What do you draft?

He's really the only QB I'd take in the 1st right now. If we miss out on him...I'd take someone like Lock or Grier in round two. 

"We're just getting open. That's all we can do," Beasley said, via Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "If you watch the tape, that's all you've got to do. A lot of people aren't watching the tape. They're just assuming. That's fine."

According to Next Gen Stats, Beasley is averaging 2.8 yards per separation on his 16 targets this season, exactly the median among receivers with at least five targets (for some comparison, Ex-Cowboy Ryan Switzer, now with Pittsburgh, is averaging 3.4). Deonte Thompson averages 2.1 yards of separation, Allen Hurns 2.5, Tavon Austin 3.9, and Michael Gallup 1.8.

One source of frustration for the Cowboys' receiver room is the lack of opportunities.

"Any receiver is frustrated when you get the ball three times. But any playmaker wants the ball and if they say they don't they're lying," Beasley said. "Nobody is down in the dumps or anything. In our room, we get satisfaction out of getting separation whether the ball comes our way or not."

lol that's funny and sad at the same time 

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

"We're just getting open. That's all we can do," Beasley said, via Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "If you watch the tape, that's all you've got to do. A lot of people aren't watching the tape. They're just assuming. That's fine."

According to Next Gen Stats, Beasley is averaging 2.8 yards per separation on his 16 targets this season, exactly the median among receivers with at least five targets (for some comparison, Ex-Cowboy Ryan Switzer, now with Pittsburgh, is averaging 3.4). Deonte Thompson averages 2.1 yards of separation, Allen Hurns 2.5, Tavon Austin 3.9, and Michael Gallup 1.8.

One source of frustration for the Cowboys' receiver room is the lack of opportunities.

"Any receiver is frustrated when you get the ball three times. But any playmaker wants the ball and if they say they don't they're lying," Beasley said. "Nobody is down in the dumps or anything. In our room, we get satisfaction out of getting separation whether the ball comes our way or not."

They need to find a consistent mix of receivers and just go with it.

I still think we should call NE and see what they would give us for Beasley.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

wow, throwing Dak under the bus 

Archived