Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

9 hours ago, 5x10 said:

I will give you he was short slightly with the Gallup play and it allowed the defender to get a hand in but that was a catchable pass hit Gallup in the hands who didn’t seem to slow down.  Also note if the throw was much longer it would have brought the safety into play. Basically There was a real small window and Dak tried to fit it in sure a lot of QB make a perfect pass there Dak just didn’t quite get it but it wasn’t a “terrible” pass. The second one I don’t understand how you can call that play that way 

Beasley was not the first option he is looking down field noticed the two Texans coming free up the middle has Zero time to set his feet make a throw keeps going back and moves to relief valve Beasley in the flat notices defender right there and in fact if Dak puts that ball on Beasleys hands Beasley is going to get steam rolled and stopped short of 1st down and the defender might even be able to cut in front of Beasley and it’s a pick six so he airmailed the pass to prevent a sack

listem I get it Dak is not the type of QB who is gonna  make Rogers and Brady type throws all game with defenders drapped all over him but if you really think your gonna automatically get a franchise QB of the level of Brady or Rogers or Brees by going 3-11 and picking 1st or what ever then Maybe you should have a conversation with a Cleveland Browns fan.   

Dak passed to Austin that resulted in an interception was Dak throwing too high. Austin had to leap and although he is athletic...he doesn't have Spud Web verticals. Dak needs to be more accurate. If he can't then let the OC know so that way we can tailor a scheme for his ***. I don't mind him dinking and dunking 10 yard passes to the endzone. And if you guys blame the WRs for not getting open then u guys can't or won't pay for the NFL game pass to see the COACHES FILM. They are getting open. Dak either isn't seeing it or unwilling to throw. He is seeing phantom rushers and pressures. Quick fixes? Bench Collins and put a stout guard in to pass protect. He is not currently big or strong enough to hold his own. Stop this WR rotation nonsense. Ask Dak whom he wants to roll with. Is it Hurns? Thompson? Butler? Def. Beasley and Swainn. 

5 hours ago, quiller said:

I will give you he was short slightly with the Gallup play and it allowed the defender to get a hand in but that was a catchable pass hit Gallup in the hands who didn’t seem to slow down.  Also note if the throw was much longer it would have brought the safety into play. Basically There was a real small window and Dak tried to fit it in sure a lot of QB make a perfect pass there Dak just didn’t quite get it but it wasn’t a “terrible” pass. The second one I don’t understand how you can call that play that way 

Beasley was not the first option he is looking down field noticed the two Texans coming free up the middle has Zero time to set his feet make a throw keeps going back and moves to relief valve Beasley in the flat notices defender right there and in fact if Dak puts that ball on Beasleys hands Beasley is going to get steam rolled and stopped short of 1st down and the defender might even be able to cut in front of Beasley and it’s a pick six so he airmailed the pass to prevent a sack

listem I get it Dak is not the type of QB who is gonna  make Rogers and Brady type throws all game with defenders drapped all over him but if you really think your gonna automatically get a franchise QB of the level of Brady or Rogers or Brees by going 3-11 and picking 1st or what ever then Maybe you should have a conversation with a Cleveland Browns fan.   

I would love to have mayfield, but, it doesn’t have to be a first round pick to replace dak

hell, imo, we’ve entered the post aikman, pre romo era again , it’s gonna be tough to find a good qb, even an avg qb 

Speaking of TROY: 

"He needs to be more accurate with the football," Aikman told The Musers on The Ticket [KTCK 96.7FM/1310AM]. "I've said for many, many years, as long as I can ever remember, when I'm asked, 'Hey, what do you look for first in a quarterback?' The first thing I look for is accuracy, because the rest of it doesn't matter.

"It doesn't matter how tough you are. It doesn't matter how smart you are or what a great leader you are. None of that stuff matters if you can't put the ball where you have to put it. I've seen too many errant throws in that regard, and then there needs to be a little more anticipation.

"When there's two deep safeties, you're looking for somebody to take the middle of the field, and that should be your first read if you have somebody who is taking the middle of the field versus those kinds of looks. I don't see great anticipation on what a defense is doing and how might I be able to exploit that pre-snap or as the ball is snapped."

SOURCE: https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/10/09/troy-aikman-dak-prescott-needs-accurate

And the most damning part was when he was asked on his instagram:

@TroyAikman Can any QB learn to throw accurately through throwing drills or is that an innate trait/quality?

Response? 
Improvement can be made but I’ve always felt when it comes to accuracy you either have it or you don’t.

7 hours ago, atran35 said:

Dak passed to Austin that resulted in an interception was Dak throwing too high. Austin had to leap and although he is athletic...he doesn't have Spud Web verticals. Dak needs to be more accurate. If he can't then let the OC know so that way we can tailor a scheme for his ***. I don't mind him dinking and dunking 10 yard passes to the endzone. And if you guys blame the WRs for not getting open then u guys can't or won't pay for the NFL game pass to see the COACHES FILM. They are getting open. Dak either isn't seeing it or unwilling to throw. He is seeing phantom rushers and pressures. Quick fixes? Bench Collins and put a stout guard in to pass protect. He is not currently big or strong enough to hold his own. Stop this WR rotation nonsense. Ask Dak whom he wants to roll with. Is it Hurns? Thompson? Butler? Def. Beasley and Swainn. 

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1049110442323234816?s=20

dude, that’s a drop on the WR.  Granted the ball was a little high but it’s a ball good WRs catch.  

2 hours ago, 5x10 said:

Hopefully people believe Troy 

Actually Aikmen is my all time favorite QB and I do believe him.  However there is a few things to take in consideration Aikmen really for his career was not that accurate he finished at a 61.5 completion rate and only had one year in his career where he completed over 66 percent  the same number Dak has and Dak for his career is just under 65%

And a second thing which is rather ironic

52.9 %. 159 yards a game. 9 TD 18 Int and a 1-10 record. 

In this day and age of win produce now or else those stats and record as a rookie would see you sitting on the bench never given a second chance those were Aikmen ‘s rookie stats      

So yeah I take everything a grain of salt. 

8 minutes ago, quiller said:

Actually Aikmen is my all time favorite QB and I do believe him.  However there is a few things to take in consideration Aikmen really for his career was not that accurate he finished at a 61.5 completion rate and only had one year in his career where he completed over 66 percent  the same number Dak has and Dak for his career is just under 65%

And a second thing which is rather ironic

52.9 %. 159 yards a game. 9 TD 18 Int and a 1-10 record. 

In this day and age of win produce now or else those stats and record as a rookie would see you sitting on the bench never given a second chance those were Aikmen ‘s rookie stats      

So yeah I take everything a grain of salt. 

Hard to compare completion percentage and passing back then to now.

The numbers are completely inflated since then.

Aikman was a very accurate QB and I suspect if he played now, he would be pushing high 60s to 70.

Coaches film came out today for the Houston game. I could go on and on about Dak accuracy. I did notice 2 things: 1.) Dak has a tendency to do a weird JUMP motion when he throws the ball while running. It's like a hop off his back foot. He did this while throwing to Thompson who was open on a comeback but the pass was low. Otherwise it would have been a first down. 2.) Dak pass to Swaim for 6 yards was too far to the left. Swaim had to dive for the catch. It's the same pass he threw to Dez in Seattle that resulted in an interception. Same path too...to far to the left. Dak does seem to be accurate on passes under 10 yards. The further he has to throw? Either it's too high or too low or behind the receiver. 

We get it Dak isn’t Joe Montana we get that and your point is??????     Most of us are not trying to make out that Dak is the best QB in the league in throwing the ball as the pocket is collapsing around him news flash a high majority of QB fail in this some of who even win Super Bowls despite this flaw     But Dak has a lot of skill and can make a lot of plays that can help Dallas win games and in fact is really good at not making a habit of making BAD plays    We say Eli being Eli for a reason and he has TWO rings  and that is in part because of the team around him 

what I am trying to say is what are the options yours seem to be toss him out okay fine then what

if you feel we can just get a perfect QB the next draft well what ever there but take a look at the past Super Bowls winning QB’s think about what year they where drafted and what round do the math odds are not good  there has only been maybe three QB who won with in two or three years of being drafted in the first round by their team  Flacco Big Ben And Aikmen all the rest had been with their team years  or not drafted in the first round Wilson , Brady or not drafted by the team he won  with Brees

still that’s 6 QB in 52 years   If only two per year are drafted odds are not good not good at all

so you can hope you find the next Ben or even Payton if you can be patient enough for him to finnaly come through  not in this board for sure Or you can hope to be the next Philly or long list of other teams through out the super bowl list that won with out a superstar QB. Anywhere from 6-10 depending upon your view but that’s better odds still 

Archived