Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

"a lot" 

I dont think that word means what you think it means. There is somewhere between 64-96 QBs on rosters in the NFL. How many of those could have done what Dak did?

Yes. You are correct. I mean based on starting QBs.

Dont get me mixed up with others that have said Dak is not a real QB. 

I believe you can win with Dak. To me he is not Top 10 but also not bottom 10 either. 

Stop nitpicking at everything.

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Exact same team minus Dak and Zeke. But add all pro Hardy. 

You could also say the same team without Romo.

Not having a decent starting QB, missing Dez for a good chunk of the year, having Joe Randle as our starting RB for a part of the year and a lesser defense were all reasons why we went 4-12.

Dak did not take That team to 13-3.

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Dez broke his ankle week 1 against the Giants

4 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Yes. You are correct. I mean based on starting QBs.

Dont get me mixed up with others that have said Dak is not a real QB. 

I believe you can win with Dak. To me he is not Top 10 but also not bottom 10 either. 

Stop nitpicking at everything.

Meh, I am more just amped and being salty that we are still trying to take credit away from Dak a 24 hours before he takes us further than Any QB in the last 23 years

5 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

You could also say the same team without Romo.

Not having a decent starting QB, missing Dez for a good chunk of the year, having Joe Randle as our starting RB for a part of the year and a lesser defense were all reasons why we went 4-12.

Dak did not take That team to 13-3.

Going into 2015 virtually every single poster on this site (plan excluded) thought that team was good enough to contend for a superbowl. Stating anything but that is revisionist history in an attempt to discredit Dak.

We all, ALL, thought Hardy was the missing piece for a championship. Now we are attempting to pretend that the roster was crap and 2016's was amazing?

tenor.gif?itemid=11853073

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Meh, I am more just amped and being salty that we are still trying to take credit away from Dak a 24 hours before he takes us further than Any QB in the last 23 years

Not taking anything away. It was never his. Wins and losses are routinely thrown out here as a way to justify Dak being great or that we are haters.

Wins and losses are not a QB stat. It's an awful way to evaluate QBs. Aaron Rodgers was a bad QB this year because of losses? It's a team result. It's not even a stat. It's the final score.

Just now, DaBoys said:

Not taking anything away. It was never his. Wins and losses are routinely thrown out here as a way to justify Dak being great or that we are haters.

Wins and losses are not a QB stat. It's a awful way to evaluate QBs. Aaron Rodgers was a bad QB this year because of losses? It's a team result. It's not even a stat. It's the final score.

Rodgers wasnt otherworldly this year, no. 

And wins/losses are not a QB stat. 

But Dak had arguably the greatest rookie season in NFL history, and IIRC even received a league MVP vote. So anyone saying anything besides "Dak is God and I love him with all my heart" is a hater. :D

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Going into 2015 virtually every single poster on this site (plan excluded) thought that team was good enough to contend for a superbowl.

And we started 2-0. Lost our WR game 1, and our QB game 2. With no real back up plan because we let Murray walk knowing that Romo Dez and Witt could carry us.

Our defense got better the next year. Our RB situation improved dramatically unless you were serious about McFadden being just as good. Dez was mostly healthy in 2016 and balled out in the playoffs. And yes Dak was a big improvement on Weedon and Cassell.

All of that.

Of course you need a good supporting cast to win 13 games in a season. Aaron Rodgers has only done it once in his career.

But to act like that was some sort of all-time supporting cast is just not true. You don’t get there without highly competent QB play (including 5 game winning drives in 2016).

In the end, I’m not even sure what we are arguing about here. You want to say we shouldn’t pay him $100M... ok. That’s a debate you can have. But to act like Dak on a 4th round rookie salary has been anything short of a dream, I think you are crazy.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Exact same team minus Dak and Zeke. But add all pro Hardy. 

We also had 16 games of a healthy and extremely effective Demarcus Lawrence (not dominant per se but well above average), McClain and Lee for a combined 25/32 starts, and Gregory and Irving for 12 games apiece (who were just rookies and didn't tally a bunch of stats but definitely still showed up at times). We even got 5 sacks out of Crawford despite trailing all the time. Secondary wasn't great per se, but people forget how fantastic Byron Jones was as a rookie filling in all over the place (which unfortunately led to a lack of clarity and a little too much tinkering with his role but I digress)

A lot of people have suggested that we would've been heavy SB favorites in 2016 with our 2018 defense, but I think the same is likely true of our D the year before. They were a lot better in my opinion, mostly because of the DE play. It's too bad Hardy is a complete disgrace to humanity.

Archived