Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Who will have the most receiving yards?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most receiving yards?

• Stefon Diggs
    • Davante Adams
    • Adam Thielen
    • Randall Cobb
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Geronimo Allison
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Other (Post name in thread)

I’m sure you’re just bein a troll at this point. Settling for mediocrity? No. Do I want them to win every game. Yes. Do I need to be realistic with how life works and how framing can impact enjoyment, I think so. You keep thinking that somehow your negativity confers some sort of superiority or proper way of thinking about things. I’m sure you’ll be happy. 

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

You kinda gotta do something.

There isn't much behind 19 & 14 all of a sudden.

Treadwell is a joke. Coley whiffed bad on a pass.

I mean what do you do? Dez? Gordon? Trade?

I feel like Kendall Wright is what will happen. We are very limited with cap, so if we do make a move it's gotta be cheap.

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

You kinda gotta do something.

There isn't much behind 19 & 14 all of a sudden.

Treadwell is a joke. Coley whiffed bad on a pass.

I mean what do you do? Dez? Gordon? Trade?

Let's not forget Dez did the exact thing Treadwell did last year against the Seahawks

Yeah, unfortunately I am not sure Dez is anything special at this point. Plus I don’t think we need someone who needs to be the focal point of an air attack. We’ve got two guys who seem happy when we win even if they don’t always get the ball. I like the idea of Josh Gordon if his head is on straight. Presumably it’s not, but he could just not want to play for the Browns, which is understandable. 

Just now, HitStickAllDay said:

Yeah, unfortunately I am not sure Dez is anything special at this point. Plus I don’t think we need someone who needs to be the focal point of an air attack. We’ve got two guys who seem happy when we win even if they don’t always get the ball. I like the idea of Josh Gordon if his head is on straight. Presumably it’s not, but he could just not want to play for the Browns, which is understandable. 

Yeah, I think Dez is past his usefulness especially when not playing at all since last season.

As for Gordon......he's a head case. Do we risk that kind of disruption and possible disappointment if he gets popped for whatever or walks away from the team?

Funny how one week changes your outlook on the receivers. I thought that was by FAR a strong point heading into the season but now it has me thinking.....

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Yeah, I think Dez is past his usefulness especially when not playing at all since last season.

As for Gordon......he's a head case. Do we risk that kind of disruption and possible disappointment if he gets popped for whatever or walks away from the team?

Funny how one week changes your outlook on the receivers. I thought that was by FAR a strong point heading into the season but now it has me thinking.....

Well 1 and 2 are about as good as they come. 3-5 are leaving things to be desired. 

6 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I agree. Wouldn’t mind seeing Zylstra get some run or heck even Beebe. I was on the lets wait and see on Treadwell camp. However, after last week seeing him confused on what route to run and today’s sloppiness I am done with him. 

Not sure what other options there are. Would be interesting to meet with Gordon just to see what’s going on. 

One last thing on Gordon. Let’s say he costs a 6th or 7th. You really have almost nothing invested. Obviously high risk/reward but if you’re Zimmer you just trust yourself to cut him on a zero tolerance policy. Vikings wouldn’t have nearly as much invested in him so there shouldn’t be a sunk cost issue. 

Archived