Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Who will have the most receiving yards?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most receiving yards?

• Stefon Diggs
    • Davante Adams
    • Adam Thielen
    • Randall Cobb
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Geronimo Allison
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Other (Post name in thread)

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

No. What the hell?

We were 13-3 last year. Made it to the NFCGG. We're returning the #1 defense. We have an $84 million QB. 

I have wayyyy more expectations than a tie with a team that lives and dies with one player.

I'm not happy with a tie or loss Green Bay with this team. Super Bowl teams win those games.

Being down 13 to start the 4th and 8 with 2 minutes to go, I'll take the tie. It is hard to win at Lambeau and we were dead in the water at multiple points in this game, and with an NFL kicker, we would've won. comfortably.

2 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

No. What the hell?

We were 13-3 last year. Made it to the NFCGG. We're returning the #1 defense. We have an $84 million QB. 

I have wayyyy more expectations than a tie with a team that lives and dies with one player.

I'm not happy with a tie or loss Green Bay with this team. Super Bowl teams win those games.

This is true for most teams, but it is definitely more so for the Packers. But let's not act like they aren't a talented team. Defense is much improved and their offensive line played much better today

1 minute ago, Nozizaki said:

Being down 13 to start the 4th and 8 with 2 minutes to go, I'll take the tie. It is hard to win at Lambeau and we were dead in the water at multiple points in this game, and with an NFL kicker, we would've won. comfortably.

WE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN DOWN 13.

Once again. You guys and your "Well it's Lambeau. I'll take the tie."

My God. Are you guys really this complacent with ties?

Good teams win those games. Not saying we're not good but let's not settle for a tie when it should have been a W

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

WE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN DOWN 13.

Once again. You guys and your "Well it's Lambeau. I'll take the tie."

My God. Are you guys really this complacent with ties?

Good teams win those games. Not saying we're not good but let's not settle for a tie when it should have been a W

Well, it's not like we can really do much about it. Are we to write strongly worded letters and tweets to the Vikings? 

A tie sucks. But it is objectively better than a loss. The team showed guts and grit. This hurts now, but this builds confidence for the team. They know they should have won. We bring in Bailey or Kai, and that confidence only grows. The rematch will be a different story. 

5 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Well, it's not like we can really do much about it. Are we to write strongly worded letters and tweets to the Vikings? 

A tie sucks. But it is objectively better than a loss. The team showed guts and grit. This hurts now, but this builds confidence for the team. They know they should have won. We bring in Bailey or Kai, and that confidence only grows. The rematch will be a different story. 

We can't do anything about it.

But I'm not going to sit here and be happy about a tie and say "Gee golly! I'm happy we got out of there with a tie!" when we have a team that's supposedly supposed to compete for a ring.

Can we REALLY afford this with our schedule??? Seriously.

My days of being happy with these games ended last year. I have expectations. Call me wrong for having them off a 13-3 season when we return everyone and gain a God QB.

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

But I'm not going to sit here and be happy about a tie when we have a team that's supposedly supposed to compete for a win.

Yes we can. I assumed before the season we would split with the Packers, so this is better than a loss. I don't think many people are thrilled with the outcome, but we tried to lose that game and couldn't. The team also showed an ability to come back that we haven't seen in a while. Most fans are trying to look at the bright side instead of thinking the sky is falling when we didn't lose in week 2.

I think the most positive thing that we can say here is that Kirk passed his first "big game" test with flying colors. He was electric in crunch time. None of his WRs had to make acrobatic catches, and I don't think he left a ton of yards on the field. 

Bring Elflien back, bring in a new kicker, and give Zylstra a shot and I think we are going to win a lot of games this year.

41 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Honestly, that call on Mathews was absolutely terrible. They have a case. 

However, the Packers got a ton of favorable calls prior to that.

Any Packer fan who wants to blame the refs for that call better make sure they point their finger at their own QB first.

22 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

No. What the hell?

This tie hurts us. It was an extremely winnable game start to finish.

When and the hell are we going to have high expectations for this team?

Regardless, GB is a contender as well. The tie is a net win us, the tie actually hurts the potential wild card teams.

16 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

But I'm not going to sit here and be happy about a tie and say "Gee golly! I'm happy we got out of there with a tie!" when we have a team that's supposedly supposed to compete for a ring.

My days of being happy with these games ended last year. I have expectations. Call me wrong for having them off a 13-3 season when we return everyone and gain a God QB.

Who is happy about it? We aren't going undefeated

10 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

Yes we can. I assumed before the season we would split with the Packers

Like I said on page two of this thread, I'm done being fine with splitting with Green Bay.

It's time for this team to step up and establish that this is our division. Yet we let a team we're better than tie us.

We have 3 games in 11 days. This one sucks.

Archived