GDT Week 2: OAK @ DEN

Broncofan

20 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Again, the irony in your statements....you try to invalidate the assessment of a chip on Harris's shoulder yet you try to present that Carr will come back with improvement because of pride ???  And what are the chances Bryant coming back will even be a factor in his first game back, don't even know if he'll get in the game ?

Two entirely different things. A chip on a shoulder from 2 years ago and Carr/Gruden's ego taking a hit 4 days ago.

Bryant was with the team all offseason. Why would he not get in the game or be a factor? The offense needs his deep speed. He's here for a reason.

20 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Or how about your assertion that the Raiders Dline will get better somehow based on out inferior line ??/ PFF did rank our Oline as top 10 this last week, so if the Raiders Dline will get better can't we surmise the DEN Oline gets better ???? Now if you would've pointed out the addition of Hankins and McDonald, I could see how that claim may have been substantiated a bit more but......

Didn't say anything about the "Dline getting better". I said the Broncos offense isn't the Rams. Mcvey disguises a lot with his jet sweeps, motion, etc. Look at the touch down Gurley had, fake crack block to catch the edge defender guessing. I'm saying the Dline will not have to think as much against Denver. They have no real threats (Sanders maybe) offensively that cause defenses to apply extra attention. They should be able to play more versus thinking about what they are seeing. 

I've always found it curious that receivers don't extend thier routes in the NFL on 3rd down. I get that certain routes really can't be extended. But when it's 3rd and 5, why would you run a three yard crossing route? Especially in tight coverage where you know you're probably not gonna get any more yards after the catch.

5 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Keenum is playing like he’s scared.  Reminds me of Siemian the past couple years.  Siemian was actually running around for his life, Keenum hasn’t been touched in 2 games.

MIN's game was based off play action, and they had a very successful run game.  It's so much easier to throw when the D is loading up for the run.  And the MIN schedule had the 2nd easiest schedule vs. pass D's.   And while I have nothing but respect for DT/Sanders they don't match up in talent when you add in Rudolph to Thielen/Diggs.   Those were all the warning signs that Keenum's 2017 wasn't a sudden reflection of a surge in skills.   And while he's still likely better than ANYONE who's played the last 2 years...yeah, it's early, but the concern that he's not a long-term franchise guy is certainly well-supported by those weaknesses.

The scary part is that Keenum isn't even facing that much heat right now.   When he faces more pressure, we could see worse decisions.   

Make no mistake, we live and die with Keenum's play this year.   But it's definitely worrisome.

Archived