Trade Help Thread

keysersoze3421

7 hours ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

.5 ppr. Was offered B. Marshall for Cohen.

My wrs. Baldwin, Maclin, Ginn, C. Davis

My rbs. McCoy, Ajayi, C. Thompson, Cohen, Kelley

Roster is - rb, wr, wr, flex. So most weeks I am starting Ajayi and McCoy.

Leaning towards yes.

I'd keep Cohen to be honest. I think that the Giants feasted on a really suspect and injured Eagles secondary...that wasn't their real offense. Marshall has dropped a ton of passes and is struggling to create separation. Cohen is getting consistent touches, and he's doing something with them. If I remember right, I think that I heard that something like 70% of the offense in Chicago right now is running through him and Howard. That offense can sustain two running backs like this because they really don't have much else. I also think that there's a good chance that Cohen has a comparable number of receptions this year to Marshall.

I'd try for a better deal. If you can't do it with Cohen, I may try and move Thompson while his value is sky high.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Would you do this trade? 

I trade Zeke and Dez, Dalton

for

Shady, Mark Ingram, TY Hilton, Matt Stafford

ppr could also replace Ingram with James White, or Lamar Miller

@holt_bruce81 @keysersoze3421 

I don't hate it, to be honest. But there are some other factors that I want to consider that would definitely push me over the edge toward taking it: Just out of curiosity, is this a keeper league? Also is Dalton a starter for you, or is Dalton / Stafford strictly a back up? Are there bonus points for long touchdowns / yardage goals? (2 points for 100+ yards, 3 points for 50+ yard touchdowns, things like that?).

I'm trying to not be too worried about Zeke at this point given that weeks one and two were the giants and broncos, two of the better defenses he is going to fact this year, but tonight wasn't super impressive. I'm not worried yet, but I kind of have an eyebrow raised. He just looks inefficient at this point. But Zeke is still zeke, so it's still to be expected that you're giving up a beast this season, even though so far he's been sort of meh.

On the other hand, McCoy is running like 60% of the Bills' offense. He's not going to have the ups that Zeke should have, and that makes him a little less valuable, but if this is a ppr league, he does make up a little value there. I think the Bills just went up against two of the hardest defenses they will face this year in Carolina and Denver though, so I like his schedule moving forward. For all the talk of how great Zeke was last year, he outscored Shady by about 27 points last year in standard ppr scoring, less than 2 points per game.

Ingram / White / Miller to make up value...would this person start for you, or strictly depth? They are all sort of the same...Ingram is in a crowded backfield, as is White, and while Miller is technically a starter in Hou, he's slowly losing reps and time to Foreman. None of those guys are super exciting prospects at this point.

Stafford over Dalton is very much in favor of you.

The interesting one to me is Dez v Hilton. Obviously, Hilton is going to be hit and miss right now because of that team and quarterback situation. Last I heard, Luck was hoping to be back for week 7 against Jax (and that is definitely not an ideal place to start) and hoping to start practicing this week. But he's still the main offensive weapon for that team, and we've seen stud receivers with cruddy quarterbacks before. J Gordon and that cleveland mess a few years ago. Hopkins and the revolving door of quarterbacks from 2 years ago, etc. And man...there's just something missing from the Dez / Dak thing. They are doing everything they can to force the ball to him, and his red zone targets were insane through two weeks, but it's just not there right now. I'm not sure if they ever get that together or not. Dez is more a buy low candidate than anything right now, so I think its fair to say that you're getting full value for him in this deal and that's not bad at all. I prefer Hilton, to be honest, especially given that Dez can be a little injury plagued. I think this is the one that makes up for Zeke / Shady. But Hilton's schedule is hit and miss, definitely not ideal - a game against Seattle next week (though I think that he's played them well in the past...can't remember off the top of my head) isn't ideal, and he has Houston twice (if they are healthy that's not ideal) and Denver, plus two against a very legit Jax defense.  His possible playoff slate (depending on how your league does it) is Buffalo (this is more or less weather dependent), Denver and Baltimore, with two of those on the road.

The reason I asked the questions earlier are simple. Zeke will serve a 6 game suspension sooner or later. Maybe this year, maybe next. He's a lock as a keeper for everyone if this is a keeper league, just like Shady would be. So knowing that you'll lose him for 6 games at some point soothes some of the loss of going from Zeke to Shady. It's more long term thinking, but something to consider. What you're getting in gain from Stafford over Dalton really only comes into play if they are starting for you. Otherwise, you're just increasing bench points and the gain means very little except that it may put you in an awkward position of who to start week in and week out depending on who your starter is. Same thing for the Ingram / White / Miller mess. I'm guessing those guys are bye week fillers, so I don't think that they add much to the equation. If you get bonus points for long touchdowns / 100 yard games, etc, I like Hilton even more than normal.

@Forge

it is not a keeper, and there are no bonuses. But it is PPR.

I bought in on Isaiah Crowell and he burned me as an RB2.

Dalton is currently my starter although I've started Goff and Cutler as streamers the past two weeks.

Dez I feel is just too touchdown dependent these days.

Zeke is suuuuuuper tough to trade for me. But that lingering suspension scares me a little bit and the fact that my RB2 options are Crowell, Buck Allen, and Chris Carson.

21 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

@Forge

it is not a keeper, and there are no bonuses. But it is PPR.

I bought in on Isaiah Crowell and he burned me as an RB2.

Dalton is currently my starter although I've started Goff and Cutler as streamers the past two weeks.

Dez I feel is just too touchdown dependent these days.

Zeke is suuuuuuper tough to trade for me. But that lingering suspension scares me a little bit and the fact that my RB2 options are Crowell, Buck Allen, and Chris Carson.

I'm leaning a little toward yes, I Think. Stafford / Goff is a decent starting tandem on any given week, and I think that there will be scenarios where you rotate them, so while Stafford likely won't play every week, I think he'd play enough to make the (hopeful) increase in points over Dalton worth it.

Zeke is tough to trade, no doubt. And that offense is much better than the Bills', so he'll have more scoring opportunities, but Shady is also a 3 down back who won't get taken out when the Bills are getting destroyed, so no need to worry about that. I think Zeke probably outscores him by more than he did last year in the end because of those touchdowns, but hopefully Shady would keep it close.

When it comes down to it, if I were drafting right now, and I had the chance to take Zeke / Dez or Shady / Hilton, I think I'd take the latter...so the swap of Stafford / Dalton and the inclusion of another minor piece, regardless of how little I think they will help, will only sweeten the deal a little more.

I get it from either side. You're giving up the best player, and some people are very loathe to do that.

8 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd keep Cohen to be honest. I think that the Giants feasted on a really suspect and injured Eagles secondary...that wasn't their real offense. Marshall has dropped a ton of passes and is struggling to create separation. Cohen is getting consistent touches, and he's doing something with them. If I remember right, I think that I heard that something like 70% of the offense in Chicago right now is running through him and Howard. That offense can sustain two running backs like this because they really don't have much else. I also think that there's a good chance that Cohen has a comparable number of receptions this year to Marshall.

I'd try for a better deal. If you can't do it with Cohen, I may try and move Thompson while his value is sky high.

I did the trade. Hoping that the production was more of just clicking more and Beckham being healthy. If I can get continued production like that then I will be good. Cohen was almost never going to start on my team either.
I want to try to hold onto Thompson because if I have him at the end of the year I can keep him next year for dirt cheap.

Thanks for the input though.

37 minutes ago, AirMcNair said:

Am I crazy for not accepting this trade right away?

I get: Pierre Garcon

He gets: Jacquizz Rodgers

my RB depth is meh (C Johnson, B Allen, D Henry, J Mixon), but I could use a WR (D Bryant, J Maclin, D Funchess)

12 team standard

Who are your starters at running back? It can't be just those 4.

1 ppr 

This guy offered his odell for my lesean mccoy. i'd usually say no but my rb depth is ridiculous.

My RB's: Lesean McCoy, Ezekiel Elliott, Carlos Hyde, Doug Martin, Derrick Henry, Matt Forte (who i'm dropping for Smallwood/Prosise/Blount)

My WR's: Amari Cooper, Martavis Bryant, Sammy Watkins, JJ Nelson, John Brown 

should I take it? my starting rb/wr's would be Zeke/Hyde/Martin with ODB and Cooper. Or should I keep McCoy and have the trio of McCoy/Elliott/Hyde carry me and shore up my wr's though the waiver wire?

1 hour ago, AirMcNair said:

It is. I picked David Johnson first overall

I think you're getting the likely better end of the deal with Garcon, particularly in PPR league, because he's an absolute target monster. He should see 160 easy this year. But I'd look to geta running back in there. I wouldn't mind shopping Dez. I'm not a fan of his and you may be able to generate some value with him.

Archived