Trade Help Thread

keysersoze3421

Got this deal proposed to me:

I receive:  Melvin Gordon, Brandon Oliver and Terrell Pryor

I give:  Diggs, Fitzgerald and Derrick Henry

--

I definitely won't accept it straight up.  However, I'm debating countering with Diggs/Henry for Gordon/Pryor.  I don't really want to lose Diggs but getting a bonafide #1 RB in return always helps my team, and Fitz isn't a bad drop from Diggs IMO.  And then Pryor would just be a boon if he turns it around.

My current team (2 WR, 2 RB, 2 Flex):

RB:  Bell, Ajayi, Dalvin Cook, Henry

WR:  Diggs, Kelvin Benjamin, Alshon, Fitz, Kupp

--

While I'd lose a bit of WR talent, I'd essentially have 4 RB1s at my 2 RBs + 2 flex spots.  Alshon/Fitz would be my starters.  Thoughts?  I'm kind of on the fence.  Part of me feels like it'd be nice for that RB, but then part of me thinks it may be an unnecessary risk to put myself in WR wise.

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Would you trade Adam Thielen and Chris Hogan for Michael Thomas? Seems like an obvious yes right?

Already have Julio Jones and AJ Green so Thomas would be my flex. Also have Cobb too

100%

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hogan seems to be taking a huge role but yea I'm thinking i gotta take Thomas if i can

I think with regards to total points, you come out behind. But given that you can't start both of those guys any week, and I like Thomas > either of those guys every week, I think that this is a deal that could actually be good for both parties. 

I just traded Zeke for Michael Thomas in my main league and was immediately received a deluge of texts talking about how I fleeced the guy because of the suspension decision next week lol. In truth, that was one of the reasons that I did this trade - it was about as close to 100% value I could get for him. I also have decent depth at running back (Howard, Hunt, Smallwood, Buck Allen, Carson, Foreman), and was really hurting at my wr2 spot (basically streaming at this point because Pryor is atrocious - this week, I picked up sterling shepherd, though I wish I would have picked up Funchess). Obviously, if Zeke isn't suspended, I lose this trade, though not as bad on the surface as it seems, I think, and if he is suspended this year, I win in a big way. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think with regards to total points, you come out behind. But given that you can't start both of those guys any week, and I like Thomas > either of those guys every week, I think that this is a deal that could actually be good for both parties. 

If Julio is out an extended time is it better to keep my 2 WRs or still go for Thomas?

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If Julio is out an extended time is it better to keep my 2 WRs or still go for Thomas?

Is your other receiver always your flex, or do you have a comparable running back who plays there. 

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I have Cobb and Caff/Mixon although neither look good at RB so odds are its Cobb

I'd probably still make the trade then, but I would understand the hesitation at that point. It's a lot more even for you in the end, but because I don't imagine that Julio is out for the season, I think you'd eventually get the advantage on the back end - may just have to wait a little longer for it. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

I just traded Zeke for Michael Thomas in my main league and was immediately received a deluge of texts talking about how I fleeced the guy because of the suspension decision next week lol. In truth, that was one of the reasons that I did this trade - it was about as close to 100% value I could get for him. I also have decent depth at running back (Howard, Hunt, Smallwood, Buck Allen, Carson, Foreman), and was really hurting at my wr2 spot (basically streaming at this point because Pryor is atrocious - this week, I picked up sterling shepherd, though I wish I would have picked up Funchess). Obviously, if Zeke isn't suspended, I lose this trade, though not as bad on the surface as it seems, I think, and if he is suspended this year, I win in a big way. 

And of course Carson goes down with what looks like a season ending injury. Crap

Archived