Trade Help Thread

keysersoze3421

13 hours ago, dtait93 said:

So here is my team (10 man league)

QB: Rodgers

RB: Kareem Hunt, Melvin Gordon, CJ Anderson, Doug Martin, Tevin Coleman, Derrick Henry, David Johnson

WR: Mike Evans, Stefon Diggs, Martavis Bryant, Tyrell Williams,

TE: Kelce

My plan going into the season was to stack up on RB's...which I think I did pretty well on, and flip one of my top performing RB's for a struggling WR1. So my question is, should I try trade Melvin Gordon for Julio Jones? Or should I try and trade another RB first, or maybe go for a different WR? I'm pretty sure that I'll get Julio with just Melvin because the guy is a huge Chargers fan and he already has Hopkins and K. Allen. Thoughts?

That's almost the RB's I have, but without CJ Anderson, so my first inclination would be to try and trade away CJ.  I feel like you'd be set with Hunt, Gordon, Martin and Coleman. Both Coleman and Martin have already used their byes.  But Melvin Gordon for Julio isn't a bad trade either with all the RB's you have and then you'd have CJ, Martin and Coleman who have already used their byes, plus you are getting Julio who has also used his bye and you have Mike Evans who has used his bye.  You'd be pretty set with that lineup.  I would probably do it if you don't have any good trade partners for CJ.  

10 team PPR league, with return yardage points aswell. I lost Johnson week one and it hurt, I'm in dead last, trying to churn my roster to atleast back into the playoffs somehow.

my team:

QB- Brees, Manning

RB- Ajayi, Crowell, Smallwood 

WR- Hill, Crabtree, Garçon, Parker, JJ Nelson

TE- Graham

I was offered a trade where I recieve

McCaffrey, Adrian Peterson for Tyreek Hill

Id get some much needed help at RB, but then I feel like my WRs are lacking. I want to counter with him addinbKelvin Benjamin to the deal. He's been trending upward the last few weeks, and wouldn't crack his lineup if he added Hill. 

What are your thoughts on his original trade offer and my counter?

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

.5 PPR league, would a trade of my Cohen for Willie Snead be worth offering? Am I lowballing them or myself too much?

Current RBs are Freeman, Gordon, Gilislee, Henry, Charles. WR are Landry, Hill, Garcon, Cupp, and Floyd. 

I don't think it's a bad offer. Snead is a little banged up, and we don't know what kind of usage he's going to have, but I have to assume that he's going to be wr2 (he's better than coleman) and option #3 in the offense, so that should be good. Cohen's usage is trending downward, and I know that some people are giving up on him. I'm a little concerned, but a trade like this will be fine. I'm just not in drop mode with him yet, though I know some people are. Neither of them should see your starting lineup, so you're kind of just moving a little depth from one to the other. I also feel like Snead is more likely to crack your lineup than Cohen is, given your depth at the respective positions. 

7 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

10 team PPR league, with return yardage points aswell. I lost Johnson week one and it hurt, I'm in dead last, trying to churn my roster to atleast back into the playoffs somehow.

my team:

QB- Brees, Manning

RB- Ajayi, Crowell, Smallwood 

WR- Hill, Crabtree, Garçon, Parker, JJ Nelson

TE- Graham

I was offered a trade where I recieve

McCaffrey, Adrian Peterson for Tyreek Hill

Id get some much needed help at RB, but then I feel like my WRs are lacking. I want to counter with him addinbKelvin Benjamin to the deal. He's been trending upward the last few weeks, and wouldn't crack his lineup if he added Hill. 

What are your thoughts on his original trade offer and my counter?

In a 10 team league, you've got an uphill battle with that roster. I'd be trying to sell off Ajayi for something respectable based on his name. Crowell is really nothing, but I don't know that McCaffrey or AP really solve that problem. AP looks done and that Cardinals offensive line is atrocious, so that's not going to help him. McCaffrey will have some value in a ppr, but nothing super crazy. In my league, he's score 7.5, 6, 17.5, 6 and 11.5. Hill has 3 games in my league of 14+ points. You also have to drop someone to make that trade, and you have to sit someone to start them both. I don't really see where you're improving with that trade when you account for that second person. If you can get Benjamin included, I think it slants it a little more in your favor, but I still think that you've got a bunch of guys that are scoring similarly. What you lack is top end talent, and that's a problem in a 10 man league. 

I'd probably look for a taker on Garcon for a running back straight up (depending on Parker's health).  Maybe package Brees and a rb for an upgrade at running back. If I were you, I think I'd be leaning more toward you giving two and getting better talent back. I'm not sure how deep the benches are or anything, but I'd imagine that there have to be some tempting guys on the waiver wire to take the roster spot. 

6 minutes ago, Mich_fan20 said:

Would my Shady for Hopkins be ok for me? It would leave me with:

Howard/Miller/Kamara/Duke/Ellington

Hop/Allen/Amendola/DT

Also could maybe try Shady and DT for Hop and Cohen

I think that second deal is awful. Shady & DT for Hop and Cohen. Don't do that. (I'm assuming DT is Thomas on Denver)

Shady for Hopkins? I'm still a believer in Shady, particularly with his remaining schedule. Though I will admit that the current production has been less than desired. Honestly, I'd be more inclined to try to move for Hopkins in a 2-1 deal depending on his team makeup. I don't hate something like Howard + plus Duke (assuming that's Johnson) or Howard + Amendola or something along those lines first. You have some very solid depth for a ppr league, so I would try and take advantage of that and try to upgrade your starting roster. Howard has been a bit hit and miss so far this season, and I really don't love his schedule (x2 detroit which is a solid defense, at baltimore this week, which is a game I'm not even starting him in, Carolina the week after which is probably benchable). There are some platoon games in there you may not love him, particularly until Trubs shows something offensively so defenses can't stack. Hopkins would make me feel much more comfortable on a week in week out basis and there are other receivers who could be just as appealing in this regard as well. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think that second deal is awful. Shady & DT for Hop and Cohen. Don't do that. (I'm assuming DT is Thomas on Denver)

Shady for Hopkins? I'm still a believer in Shady, particularly with his remaining schedule. Though I will admit that the current production has been less than desired. Honestly, I'd be more inclined to try to move for Hopkins in a 2-1 deal depending on his team makeup. I don't hate something like Howard + plus Duke (assuming that's Johnson) or Howard + Amendola or something along those lines first. You have some very solid depth for a ppr league, so I would try and take advantage of that and try to upgrade your starting roster. Howard has been a bit hit and miss so far this season, and I really don't love his schedule (x2 detroit which is a solid defense, at baltimore this week, which is a game I'm not even starting him in, Carolina the week after which is probably benchable). There are some platoon games in there you may not love him, particularly until Trubs shows something offensively so defenses can't stack. Hopkins would make me feel much more comfortable on a week in week out basis and there are other receivers who could be just as appealing in this regard as well. 

I have definitely tried both Miller and Howard with fillers with no bites. The guy told he if I'm not offering McCoy he won't take it. Maybe I could try Howard + Duke/Amendola for like Mike Evans/AJ Green/Jordy maybe? I've been trying to make a move for Mike Thomas as well since his owner has Jordy and Julio as well

3 minutes ago, Mich_fan20 said:

I have definitely tried both Miller and Howard with fillers with no bites. The guy told he if I'm not offering McCoy he won't take it. Maybe I could try Howard + Duke/Amendola for like Mike Evans/AJ Green/Jordy maybe? I've been trying to make a move for Mike Thomas as well since his owner has Jordy and Julio as well

If he's that stacked at wide receiver, I would try that deal or something similar. If he's starting a weak rb2 (I would assume he is, but I don't know how deep your league is), then you have a shot under the premise of a net gain for him (IE, Howard will outscore his current rb2 by more than evans/green/jordy will outscore someone like amendola, which obviously isn't a guarantee). If he's weak at both running back positions, I could definitely see him taking something similar. 

I know that McCoy hasn't been great...but man, that second half is kind of juicy for him. Oakland defense. New Orleans. Jets. Two against the patriots (including super bowl week). I mean, that's just hard to ifnore. Plus the Chargers and Colts. It's pure projection and conjecture on my part...just not willing to part with that quite yet. 

By far my worst team out of 4. I’m 2-3 and need some help. PPR format

QB-Deshaun Watson, Luck

WR-Mike Evans, Michael Crabtree, Willie Snead, John Brown

RB- Zeke, Gillislee, Crowell, Brenda, Gallman

TE- Witten, Doyle

How worried should I be? What should I do?

I’ll tag @Forge because he’s on here a lot but anyone willing to help would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

If he's that stacked at wide receiver, I would try that deal or something similar. If he's starting a weak rb2 (I would assume he is, but I don't know how deep your league is), then you have a shot under the premise of a net gain for him (IE, Howard will outscore his current rb2 by more than evans/green/jordy will outscore someone like amendola, which obviously isn't a guarantee). If he's weak at both running back positions, I could definitely see him taking something similar. 

I know that McCoy hasn't been great...but man, that second half is kind of juicy for him. Oakland defense. New Orleans. Jets. Two against the patriots (including super bowl week). I mean, that's just hard to ifnore. Plus the Chargers and Colts. It's pure projection and conjecture on my part...just not willing to part with that quite yet. 

He actually has Gurley, McCaffrey, and Coleman so he's not necessarily struggling. He only ended up with Jordy due to some idiot who has never played FF dropping him. 

I'm in a 12 team ppr league. This trade has been offered to me.

I give Carlos Hyde, Greg Olsen (out until week 12 or so), and CJ Prosise. I receive Jarvis Landry, Tarik Cohen, and Ben Watson. 

I already have McCaffery, Abdullah, and James White at the RB position but am thin at the WR position after Larry Fitz and Brandon Cooks. 

Should I accept the trade? It's pretty much Hyde for Landry and Hyde has been losing carries to Breida lately. 

My RB situation sucks and myWRs are pretty good in this non-ppr league but someone is offering Stefon Diggs for Aaron Jones.

My RBs are Murray-Gill-Mixon-Henry-Allen

My WRs are: Jordy-Thomas-Fitz-Thielen

i definitely dont need Diggs but if Ty comes back after the bye doesnt Jones decrease enough to be tradeable for Diggs?

So I lost Charles Clay and need a TE.  It's a 14-team money league with standard scoring and no ppr.   I just picked up Zach Miller who was the best free agent I could find, but I'm not that confident in him long term.  Who would be the best TE to go after in a trade that would be a good pickup for the fantasy playoffs?  Not looking for guys like Gronk or Kelce because people aren't going to trade them.  Looking for underrated guys who would I could actually trade for that also have good matchups for the playoffs.

Archived