Speculating on Hash Gordon for the Last Time

KhanYouDigIt

57 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

If he goes somewhere else and blows up, I hope people don't say "man he woulda done that here", cause he wouldn't have.  If he doesn't get a change of scenery, he has no chance.  He probably has no chance anyway, but hopefully you get the idea.

Just please trade him to the NFC.  

Yeah, if it was going to happen here it would have happened by now.

I’m pretty and would set him up for failure if possibly (professionally speaking).  Buffalo and Miami would be my first choices.

Idk i think with all the support the Browns and the franchise had given him since they drafted him. If he couldn’t make it here, I don’t think he will make it any where. Browns gave him a handful of chances. Other teams will most likely only give him one. 

Ppl saying he will go to the Pats and magically put everything together, why because of BB and Brady. That’s only 2 ppl browns had given him all the resources in the world and give him so much help. He might have another good to decent season but I think that’s really what his career will be about . We will prolly see a 30 for 30 about him about what could have been  

It’s a damn shame, I was always the most critical poster about him on here but god I wish he proved me wrong. 

I think Dorsey also played this card to also Send Callaway a message 

Unfortunately this was inevitable.  As a man I wish Gordon the best but as a football player, Gordon has no one to blame but himself for the way things have gone in his career.  The Browns have supported him through his 6 years (most of them suspended) and I feel there is something more to the situation in regards to why they decided to let him go now that we probably will never hear about.

Peace!!!

Saw this comment on reddit today and it makes total sense on why the team stated they are releasing Gordon

”Announcing the release means that teams aren’t subject to the contract Flash wants if they want to obtain him. Trading for him means they would take on his current contract of $790,000 and still control him as an RFA next year. If they then got outbid, they’d receive a conditional second rounder in return.

Announcing an impending release is probably the smartest thing the Browns could have done, honestly, if they’re cutting him off.”

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Saw this comment on reddit today and it makes total sense on why the team stated they are releasing Gordon

”Announcing the release means that teams aren’t subject to the contract Flash wants if they want to obtain him. Trading for him means they would take on his current contract of $790,000 and still control him as an RFA next year. If they then got outbid, they’d receive a conditional second rounder in return.

Announcing an impending release is probably the smartest thing the Browns could have done, honestly, if they’re cutting him off.”

I am not sure what this means.  If they got outbid?  How can the Browns be outbid?  I just dont understand this process I suppose.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, it was reported.  Banner had the deal in place.

I'd only do that trade with hindsight. Gordon was/is such a special player. Even though it's been a stressful six years, he was worth the gamble.

He's ran out of options now though.

Just now, Don Roshi said:

I'd only do that trade with hindsight. Gordon was/is such a special player. Even though it's been a stressful six years, he was worth the gamble.

He's ran out of options now though.

Either way, Banner was right.  

I probably wouldn’t have made the trade either, but we should have.  Gordon has done nothing for us since 2013.

Nevermind, I see what Buno means, he means that if a team actually wants Gordon they can just make us an offer of some crappy late pick so they can get him on his current deal.

It's kinda like when a realtor lists a house well below market value to strike up a bidding war.  Not that this will stir up a bidding war where we get something great, but same concept I guess.

Though I suppose they could have just made an announcement they were trading him.  

Either way, yay, we will have a bunch of 7ths the next couple years.

Archived