Speculating on Hash Gordon for the Last Time

KhanYouDigIt

Don't crucify me for this one, boys. I don't have the abs to pull it off. But I don't get the vitriol and misery I'm seeing here. Why hate on the FO or team for this? Dude is super talented but an absolute mess of a human being.

Guy skipped training camp, and yeah, he was getting treatment, but his timing was crazy convenient, as was his timing for his return, right after training camp ended.

We made this big deal about earning stripes, but then just handed him one. That is bad, I repeat, BAD for the team. Causes resentment. Makes guys question why they had to work so hard. But because Josh is a screwup he gets it handed to him? Really? Because for all intents and purposes, he was rewarded for being a screwup.

You've got Jarvis busting his ***, going off about how the culture of being soft lazy b****** is contagious and kills a team, while dude sitting in that meeting room two weeks later is the epitome of that culture, but is treated like the returning Messiah by the head coach. Notice how quiet Jarvis has gotten? I have. He took the leadership reigns, and you could feel that. I don't see it, hear it, or feel it anymore.

Addition by subtraction, folks. Talent be damned. And Hue should follow him right out that door. If he knew anything about managing people, about integrity, about how to work the soft and lazy out of his men, he wouldn't coddle players some much living in his fear of injuries, and he wouldn't have treated Josh so damn special purely because of talent.

Look at Urban Meyer. Inherited a losing team with lazy habits, little fight, and entitlement issues. First day, comes in and makes them work harder than they had ever worked before in their entire lives, talked up constantly the hardest worker on the team: John Simon, and made the weak quit. He burned down the loser culture, separated the wheat from the shaft, instilled competition and fight as the lifeblood of the program, and went undefeated his first season. Then won a championship a few years later. That's how it's done, and Hue don't have the first clue how to do it.

I hope we trade him for a non conditional late round pick. 

I feel sorry that for Josh Gordon the man who has such poor mental health/that dark place in his psyche, I am glad that I don't have to live with that. 

He is one of many people in many areas whos charecter/mental heath cannot bear the weight of their talent. 

I am not a fan of weed, but even more so I dislike the policy of the nf towards marijuana, I imagine if JG could smoke weed he would have less up and downs. 

1 minute ago, Fatgerman said:

Don't crucify me for this one, boys. I don't have the abs to pull it off. But I don't get the vitriol and misery I'm seeing here. Why hate on the FO or team for this? Dude is super talented but an absolute mess of a human being.

Guy skipped training camp, and yeah, he was getting treatment, but his timing was crazy convenient, as was his timing for his return, right after training camp ended.

We made this big deal about earning stripes, but then just handed him one. That is bad, I repeat, BAD for the team. Causes resentment. Makes guys question why they had to work so hard. But because Josh is a screwup he gets it handed to him? Really? Because for all intents and purposes, he was rewarded for being a screwup.

You've got Jarvis busting his ***, going off about how the culture of being soft lazy b****** is contagious and kills a team, while dude sitting in that meeting room two weeks later is the epitome of that culture, but is treated like the returning Messiah by the head coach. Notice how quiet Jarvis has gotten? I have. He took the leadership reigns, and you could feel that. I don't see it, hear it, or feel it anymore.

Addition by subtraction, folks. Talent be damned. And Hue should follow him right out that door. If he knew anything about managing people, about integrity, about how to work the soft and lazy out of his men, he wouldn't coddle players some much living in his fear of injuries, and he wouldn't have treated Josh so damn special purely because of talent.

Look at Urban Meyer. Inherited a losing team with lazy habits, little fight, and entitlement issues. First day, comes in and makes them work harder than they had ever worked before in their entire lives, talked up constantly the hardest worker on the team: John Simon, and made the weak quit. He burned down the loser culture, separated the wheat from the shaft, instilled competition and fight as the lifeblood of the program, and went undefeated his first season. Then won a championship a few years later. That's how it's done, and Hue don't have the first clue how to do it.

I agree, Joshs talent is meant people have given him too much for free. 
If he has the choice I hope he goes to NE and rocks it. He would probably do better in a place that demands accountabiity, not here where it occurs on a case by case basis. 

Out of our three coaches, Hue sounds too soft, Greg loves himself too much and Haley kind of sounds like a leader of men, 

17 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I agree, Joshs talent is meant people have given him too much for free. 
If he has the choice I hope he goes to NE and rocks it. He would probably do better in a place that demands accountabiity, not here where it occurs on a case by case basis. 

Out of our three coaches, Hue sounds too soft, Greg loves himself too much and Haley kind of sounds like a leader of men, 

I agree and I don't. I don't think accountability straightens out Josh. He's not the type to rise to the occasion, he would resent accountability and run from it. I think if someone held his feet to the fire, he would literally take off and disappear for days on a bender, telling himself and anyone who would listen that he's misunderstood and a sensitive soul who just needs help, aka coddled.

A man with real fight in him doesn't act the way Josh does. He won't help himself, so don't try to save him, let him drown. I have learned one thing that I have always found to be true, you can't save someone from himself. Impossible! They have to have a determination to save themselves, then you simply assist, provide them tools to do the work themselves, and be supportive.

4 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I agree and I don't. I don't think accountability straightens out Josh. He's not the type to rise to the occasion, he would resent accountability and run from it. I think if someone held his feet to the fire, he wouldn't literally take off and disappear for days on a bender, telling himself and anyone who would listen that he's misunderstood and a sensitive soul who just needs help, aka coddled.

to clarify I think the only place he ever becomes an NFL player is a place like NE, where he either submits to the accountability structure or flames out, I agree he probably doesn't work out in NE/the nfl, odds are against him having a Cris Carter turn around. 

Id venture to guess if he has the choice he will choose one of the larger than life cities like LA or NY., where he will probably fall to temptation. 

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

to clarify I think the only place he ever becomes an NFL player is a place like NE, where he either submits to the accountability structure or flames out, I agree he probably doesn't work out in NE/the nfl, odds are against him having a Cris Carter turn around. 

Id venture to guess if he has the choice he will choose one of the larger than life cities like LA or NY., where he will probably fall to temptation. 

Your last point is dead on. LA, NY, Dallas...I could see him liking Jerry Jones and vice versa.

Also, he is from Texas.

Just now, hornbybrown said:

I actually fear for him right now, I hope he has good people around him. Someone with mental health issues this could be the final straw. 

I agree, unfortunately one of the key issues with josh is the drop kicks he hangs around with. As soon as johnny came to town they were best mates. His agents sounds like a guy out to make a quick buck also. 

Just now, hornbybrown said:

I hope that he is ok and wish him nothing but the best. He seems like a good person who unfortunately has demons 

If his back ground is 70% of what he says it is, then it sounds like he grew up in a living hell. 

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

59% roster turnover just increased again tonight. I’ve always despised Dorsey but this has me about to start a mob. Sashi died for this?

Why? What did Dorsey do wrong here? Do you think Josh looked at him funny and Dorsey decided to cut him? He obviously did something legit to burn away his last bit of trust currency. What would Sashi have done different exactly? Let Josh screwup for all eternity? You're delusional if you think it would be impossible for it to be Sashi cutting Josh right now. Hell, Sashi might have cut him this last off-season for all we know.

I gotta know guys, how is Josh being a piece of **** Dorsey's fault?

Archived