Tayne's Positivity Thread v3.0

NudeTayne

Week 4  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Browns are 0-2-1, Tyrod 15-40 in week 3.

• Fire Hue, bench Tyrod
    • Fire Hue but keep Tyrod as starter

Time to stop idly spinning the pistol chamber, boys.

I ask this question: if one knows a scenario is inevitable, should one make the best of the current situation for as long as possible or instead pull the trigger on what needs to be done?

I say go for door number two.

We may be feeling rough after what just transpired, but the long game is promising. We have a franchise quarterback. For those of you who doubt or think it's too early to tell, just trust me on this one. I've never steered you wrong.

While I generally would agree with LGB, in this case I would be fine starting Baker in week 3 on a short week because I believe with Baker we win and with Tyrod we lose.

Now for the painful part of the positivity thread. I haven't really said this before, but I am starting to believe that Hue Jackson might not be the best choice as head coach of the Browns. If we keep Tyrod Taylor as starter vs. the Jets and he goes 15-40 again (plus 65 yards rushing--dual threat) like in the first two games, there is a reasonable chance that Hue is released from his coaching duties after the game, as is Tyrod from his starting quarterback duties.

I am one who believes this team could be a wildcard team THIS YEAR with Baker at quarterback. Our defense is already playing well, and I believe our offensive line will gel. Also, once we have a real quarterback, the running game will open up.

Week 4 we are gonna be feeling ourselves. We got this, guys.

I say we start trying to be like these other teams who believe they have a young franchise QB and start not only playing them, but also coaching them up. I mean, it's sort of hypocritical when Hue says he has to think about all the 53 players and is fine with the offense constantly letting the defense down.

Let the team rally around the young QB who could improve quicker than anticipated.

12 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Time to stop idly spinning the pistol chamber, boys.

I ask this question: if one knows a scenario is inevitable, should one make the best of the current situation for as long as possible or instead pull the trigger on what needs to be done?

I say go for door number two.

We may be feeling rough after what just transpired, but the long game is promising. We have a franchise quarterback. For those of you who doubt or think it's too early to tell, just trust me on this one. I've never steered you wrong.

While I generally would agree with LGB, in this case I would be fine starting Baker in week 3 on a short week because I believe with Baker we win and with Tyrod we lose.

Now for the painful part of the positivity thread. I haven't really said this before, but I am starting to believe that Hue Jackson might not be the best choice as head coach of the Browns. If we keep Tyrod Taylor as starter vs. the Jets and he goes 15-40 again (plus 65 yards rushing--dual threat) like in the first two games, there is a reasonable chance that Hue is released from his coaching duties after the game, as is Tyrod from his starting quarterback duties.

I am one who believes this team could be a wildcard team THIS YEAR with Baker at quarterback. Our defense is already playing well, and I believe our offensive line will gel. Also, once we have a real quarterback, the running game will open up.

Week 4 we are gonna be feeling ourselves. We got this, guys.

Don't fire Hue, get a kicker, offense will get better as players get used to each other. I think that Ty did enough for us to win today. The longer we can sit Baker, the better (at least until bye, within reason).

6 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Don't fire Hue, get a kicker, offense will get better as players get used to each other. I think that Ty did enough for us to win today. The longer we can sit Baker, the better (at least until bye, within reason).

You're banned. It's a shame because I liked you and thought you had potential.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

You're banned. It's a shame because I liked you and thought you had potential.

I just don't see what Hue has done wrong in either game. Granted, I've forgotten the previous two years (although I do laugh every time his record appears on screen). It does seem inevitable that he won't finish the season. I just hope that we get the right person in.

The longer we can hold off Baker, the easier the transition will be for him. The o-line will have more experience as a unit and the run game will be more consistent. Those two things will be huge for him.

Archived