Patriots trade for Josh Gordon from Browns

49erurtaza

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Or the NFL could get with the times

The NFL is run by the Advertisers, that's the source of most of their income.
And the Advertisers haven't caught up with the times - because they are concerned about appealing to everyone

If the owners thought they could make more cash by promoting weed, the rules would be changed before you finish breakfast

16 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm sick of hearing about Gordon's environment and what he needs to be surrounded by to succeed. How about some personal accountability? 

Personal accountability doesn't work for addicts. Structure and the demand for a standard will be what gets him going in the right direction. Of course (and this is where I think you may have been going) he has to want to be held accountable or else nothing will ever work. It's like the glutton trying to lose weight getting an accountability partner - he has to allow the partner to hold him accountable if a lapse occurs or else the whole thing is pointless. Though this situation is a bit different I think because after 1 lapse he's out but then again, that's the standard I was referring to.

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Personal accountability doesn't work for addicts. Structure and the demand for a standard will be what gets him going in the right direction. Of course (and this is where I think you may have been going) he has to want to be held accountable or else nothing will ever work. It's like the glutton trying to lose weight getting an accountability partner - he has to allow the partner to hold him accountable if a lapse occurs or else the whole thing is pointless. Though this situation is a bit different I think because after 1 lapse he's out - then again, that's the standard I was referring to.

What is he addicted to?

15 hours ago, showtime said:

Everyone saying that the Patriots are the ideal situation for Gordon, but Stephen A. Smith made an interesting point - He said that the Patriots were the worst team for Gordon to go to because of how strict and no tolerance they are.

The flip side to this is the Brown’s babies and hand held him for years and it didn’t work. Now he’s in a highly structured environment with clear expectations knowing that if Belichick drops him for a screw up he’s probably going to have expired his final chance in this league. 

15 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

What is he addicted to?

He has OD'ed on marijuana twice, thankfully paramedics got there in time to administer Narcan. Or was it his roommate got there in time with Doritos? I don't remember, it seemed pretty serious at the time though.

33 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He has OD'ed on marijuana twice, thankfully paramedics got there in time to administer Narcan. Or was it his roommate got there in time with Doritos? I don't remember, it seemed pretty serious at the time though.

Yep, time seemed to be going extremely slow Then medics found thats just what happens when you are on the Browns, so they ordered up a trade. he should be good to go now

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

The flip side to this is the Brown’s babies and hand held him for years and it didn’t work. Now he’s in a highly structured environment with clear expectations knowing that if Belichick drops him for a screw up he’s probably going to have expired his final chance in this league. 

Dude the Browns didn’t Fail him.  He failed the browns. He just never truly cared. He doesn’t care about football enough to put the effort that is needed. 

Evident in Hardknocks? How so? The one segement where two players were talking and Hue was in the background? That’s not evidence of not respecting the coach. That’s evidence of guys at practice who arnt practicing and BSing with one another. You could see that I’m just about any practice from NFL to college. 

If you are talking about Corey Coleman, there is a reason the browsn Bills and Pats have gotten rid of him. 

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

TBH, from what we've seen, Hue doesn't command any respect whatsoever. Players, as evidenced in Hard Knocks, feel empowered enough to blast into his office demanding answers.

BB commands far more respect, and maybe he's the type that needs a firm hand.

I say maybe because none of us actually know what he needs and how.

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

He needs a place of structure. A team thats going to let him do whatever he wants because of his talent isn't going to help him in the long run.

The browns didn’t let him do whatever he wants. He has tried that twice. ‘14 and now. He got suspended for a game in ‘14 and costed him an accured year and this year it got him traded. Other teams the punishment was taken out of he hands of the team becuase he was breaking league rules 

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Didn't Chandler Jones basically OD on some weed oil and run naked outside a police station?

Archived