NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I am guessing his QB rating is pretty crappy 

PS - Daks 4 best games in his career Zeke has had between 0-80 yards. Well below his career average.

But if you go to the run thread, you will see they actually break down running when the game is close, vs running when you are already up and your killing clock. A lot of teams rack up rushing yards when the game is over.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Nothing I say after 10 PM can be used against me. I was clearly drunk to give that level of praise to a running back. 

that post was definitely a disaster.

but it was also after a cowboys game, so your judgement was probably swayed too much by seeing him play

Edited by Malfatron

14 of Dak's 24 games of 100+ rating were in Zeke's 21 games of 100+ rushing yards.  66.7%

10 of Dak's games of 100+ rating were in the 31 games when he did not have Zeke running for 100+  32. 3%

Its like he is twice the QB when Zeke is running over the other team.

Zeke is a truck. Dak is a trailer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

14 of Dak's 24 games of 100+ rating were in Zeke's 21 games of 100+ rushing yards.  66.7%

10 of Dak's games of 100+ rating were in the 31 games when he did not have Zeke running for 100+  32. 3%

Its like he is twice the QB when Zeke is running over the other team.

Zeke is a truck. Dak is a trailer.

1. they could be playing crappy defenses more likely to give up more rush yards and allow better passer rating.

2. If Dak is getting a good QB rating, that means hes likely throwing TDs. The more TDs they score, the more they can run the ball with Zeke later in the game.

I imagine youd see a similar breakdown with other qbs, but i would be interested to see that breakdown too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

last three years the cowboys are 28-12 (.700) when Zeke plays. And 4-4 when he does not. They score 20.875 PPG w/o Zeke and 23.675 w/ him. 

yeah, that 3 game losing streak when Zeke was out was absolutely abysmal too.

Dak sucked during that stretch and cowboys didnt score more than 9 points

Thanks for exposing Dak with the Zeke runs for 80+ slip up.

All of Dak's 100+ rating games come when Dak runs for 80+ except:

The Saints game last year where Zeke ran for 75 and caught 6 more balls for 60 yards.

A pair of Giants games in 2017/18 when the Giants were  2-10 and 5-10 coming into those games.

Their D's finished up ranked 31/32 and 23/13 in passing yards/TDs allowed in those years.

His 4th game was... the Giants again this year.

Conclusion:  Dak is a steaming pile of crap without an 80+ yard Zeke except for 1 strange game where Zeke still had 135 total yards and 3 games against the laughingstock Giants on their way to 12-36 over a 3 year period.

You must be so proud.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

My thoughts on this is that Dak is a worthy qb, and you can win a super bowl with him.

But he needs weapons.

and thats okay. He is doing very well for himself. And Cowboys are in a great qb spot right now. right now. Dak is a steal.

but not after Dak gets his 35-40 million per.

• Like 2

You can't really get that much worse on offense than the 2015 Rams. (29th in points and 32nd in yards)

Foles and Keenum combined for 2 games of 100+ rating where Gurley 

• 1 - did not play (week 1 vs Seattle)
    • Cunningham and Pead went off for 18 carries and 48 yards
    • Austin had 4 scoots for 17
  • 2 - ran 21 times for 48 yards and caught 2 passes for 31 yards. (week 15 vs Tampa)

Foles and Keenum in Slappy Land were better at having elite statistical games without run support than Dak has been on the Cowboys. Maybe Tavon Austin, Kenny Britt, Brian Quick Stedman Bailey and Bradley Marquez  were WRs who could really get that separation?

Did I mention that Dak is a trailer?

Edited by SkippyX

53 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The argument is how you use the run game to boost your QBs efficiency. This is how I explained it to someone else. The part at the bottom is most applicable to what you said.

Well, yeah, that's why the dinosaurs like Jeff Fisher are gone. Gurley boosts the hell out of Goff's efficiency. I imagine if Zeke were used properly, he would do the same for Dak (if he isn't). That makes both guys very valuable.

Also those stats that it doesn't matter how well you are running the ball for play action to work are kinda silly (if your argument is against the running game). One would assume if a team is stopping the run well they are attacking it with attention and bodies. And if you are not stopping the run well it is because you are not emphasizing stopping the run. 

I wonder if they are metrics where "defensive attention" is measured. Also like passer rating off play action using certain rbs would be cool. 

• Like 1

Kerry Collins and Vince Young combined to do this twice on the 2010 Titans 6-10 Juggernaut. xD

Stafford has done this 10 times during Dak's career. 

In these other cases I am not just counting the lead RB.

All team rushing - QB rushing is less than 80 yards and the QB has a 100+ rating.

We all got to see Dak without Zeke for 6 weeks.

He was a 76.6 rated passer.  Poor Baby!

Edited by SkippyX