Redskins Sign 2 WR's. Why?

Ghostnote

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Everyone had Doctson high, does it really matter though? The point is he has t worked out and you’d think a great talent evaluator might be able to predict that he might not and that Thomas is a more consistent route runner with better hands.

The Vikings have an outstanding talent evaluator, who has built the most talented roster in the league, and he missed on Thomas too, taking a worse player than Doctson.  

On 9/20/2018 at 2:27 PM, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

The Vikings have an outstanding talent evaluator, who has built the most talented roster in the league, and he missed on Thomas too, taking a worse player than Doctson.  

True, still doesn’t mean I’m supposed to be happy about it, especially when Doc wasn’t  close to my top choice and for the record I didn’t want Treadwell either. If I remember correctly, Treadwell was Mknight’s man crush in the 2016 draft, or at least out of the WR group.

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Rishard Matthews might become available, I think he would be a pretty nice addition. Tough receiver and has good hands. 

A guy who quick on his team after three games? Not all that interested, especially since either the Titans would need to release him or the Redskins would have to trade for him.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

A guy who quick on his team after three games? Not all that interested, especially since either the Titans would need to release him or the Redskins would have to trade for him.

He's also quitting for lack of PT. We have 4 WRs that are around his skillset already. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

He's also quitting for lack of PT. We have 4 WRs that are around his skillset already. 

I meant "quit" not "quick" ... oy.

Anyway, yeah, I'm not sure what he would bring to the table that we don't already have.

59 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

IMHO I think R Matthews is better than Brian Quick and Josh Doctson (BIG DISAPPOINTMENT). For me I would start him over those 2 guys. I seem to be in the minority on this one. Just an opinion. 

On a talent level, perhaps. However, Quick and Doctson know the playbook; Matthews does not.

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

IMHO I think R Matthews is better than Brian Quick and Josh Doctson (BIG DISAPPOINTMENT). For me I would start him over those 2 guys. I seem to be in the minority on this one. Just an opinion. 

On top of what Woz said, Doctson has more upside, Quick is a veteran that we can trust. 

21 hours ago, turtle28 said:

On top of what Woz said, Doctson has more upside

We're getting to the point where "he's got upside" is becoming less and less acceptable versus "his actual performance on the field." I want him not to be a bust, but the trendline is not pointing in that direction.

Archived