2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

I mean, regardless of the number that is obviously an exaggeration, Metcalf being as absurdly ripped as he is actually raises some concerns.  Guys who are more interested in "being huge" and "looking rocked out" than "being good at football" don't always work out.

Like I'm not the only one who remembers David Boston right?  Most people aren't going to go that far down the "my biceps are too huge I can't use my arms for catching footballs" rabbit hole, but it has happened.

On 2/20/2019 at 12:22 PM, fattlipp said:

Metcalf is a much better prospect than our current WRs

player comparisons,

Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, David Boston

If he didn't have med flags he would be treated like Julio in this draft.

Course you wouldn't know this cause you don't watch college football...lol

and why do you keep changing your username HZ

BUMP

how are my absurd Calvin comparisons now evetyone?

was in before the bandwagon for Metcalf at 12, course he will go 4 now....

46 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, regardless of the number that is obviously an exaggeration, Metcalf being as absurdly ripped as he is actually raises some concerns.  Guys who are more interested in "being huge" and "looking rocked out" than "being good at football" don't always work out.

Like I'm not the only one who remembers David Boston right?  Most people aren't going to go that far down the "my biceps are too huge I can't use my arms for catching footballs" rabbit hole, but it has happened.

I thought David Boston was a very good football player the problem was those biceps were built on roids.

5 minutes ago, Reaper said:

I thought David Boston was a very good football player the problem was those biceps were built on roids.

Sure, but the point was "the dude was more interested in being jacked than playing football."  Being jacked is all well and good, but in terms of "who do I want on my football team" I want the person who ranks "being jacked" below "excelling at football" which Boston did not.

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Deebo is this year's Anthony Miller. Assuming we don't add a WR in FA, I'm taking him at 44 if he's still there.

I think he's going to be very high on the list for the 49ers at 36. We need a z receiver, and shanny shrewdly lined him up only at Z during senior bowl practices, and honestly I think that was to get a really good look at him in the position we need. Obviously with a very good combine as well, if the 49ers did really like him headed into senior bowl week, they could have only gotten to like him more at this point between the senior bowl week and combine

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he's going to be very high on the list for the 49ers at 36. We need a z receiver, and shanny shrewdly lined him up only at Z during senior bowl practices, and honestly I think that was to get a really good look at him in the position we need. Obviously with a very good combine as well, if the 49ers did really like him headed into senior bowl week, they could have only gotten to like him more at this point between the senior bowl week and combine

Yea i could see him go before 44 for sure. I think he's a plug-in and play rookie.

20 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Patience and ability to force miss tackles. Montgomery gives me a LeVeon vibe. I think he's easily the best back in the class.

You know, Bell was who I immediately thought of when I watched Montgomery's film.  Glad I'm not the only one who thought that because I was really questioning myself lol.

3 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm not sure it's a big deal, Polite just doesn't have a filter.  Like other guys are all like "yeah, I got asked this super weird question I can quote in complete detail" and when asked "what team" they're like "don't remember, sorry".  Polite will just say "yeah, San Francisco was just mean."

Provides some more context. I think he just likes the word "bashing" which sounds bad, but he knows its part of the process.

Archived