2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

On 3/2/2019 at 6:00 PM, fattlipp said:

BUMP

how are my absurd Calvin comparisons now evetyone?

was in before the bandwagon for Metcalf at 12, course he will go 4 now....

Still stupid.

Metcalf: 52 receptions, 1138 receiving yards, 21.9 YPC, 10 TD receptions (14 game extrapolation)
CJ: 76 receptions, 1202 receiving yards, 15.8 YPC, 15 TD receptions (14 games)

One played in Georgia Tech's stupid triple-option offense where he accounted for roughly a third of the GT passing offense.  The other accounted for roughly 15% of the passing offense.

5 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Devin White is basically Patrick Willis

Their numbers are very similar

After this combine I'm not so convinced he'll be available at 12 but if he is I'll lose absolutely no sleep if he is the pick 

Denver at 10 and Cincinnati at 11 are both very real landing spots for Devin White.  Fangio likes his ILB.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Still stupid.

Metcalf: 52 receptions, 1138 receiving yards, 21.9 YPC, 10 TD receptions (14 game extrapolation)

One played in Georgia Tech's stupid triple-option offense where he accounted for roughly a third of the GT passing offense.  The other accounted for roughly 15% of the passing offense.

Uhhh, college stats to compare prospects??

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Assuming we do land a top safety and/or edge rusher in FA (or top EDGE and 2nd tier safety), would you guys be okay with us taking Jonah Williams at #12 in light of Polite's poor Combine? Protecting Rodg should be a top priority and signing Collins or Thomas would give us that flexibility. 

IF, by chance we get ET, though (and that's a big if), we may still need to take a S with our 2nd pick since I don't expect him to play all 16 games. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd almost prefer Rinser to Williams at this point.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Uhhh, college stats to compare prospects??

I mean, prior to the other day that's really all we had to go off of.  Metcalf came in the bottom 5th percentile in 3-cone and 20 SS, which is really, really bad.  The last thing I want is a tight WR, and Metcalf is the epitome of that.

DK Metcalf bends about as well as a marble statue of Calvin Johnson would.

That's about as much of a comp between Megatron and DK I get.

I get a Sammie Coates vibe from DK. Put him in a vertical offense and tell him to run and he may be a 50-60 catch guy that's in the 17-18 YPC neighborhood. Force him into a WC offense and he'll bust hard.

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I get a Sammie Coates vibe from DK. Put him in a vertical offense and tell him to run and he may be a 50-60 catch guy that's in the 17-18 YPC neighborhood. Force him into a WC offense and he'll bust hard.

I figure Buffalo is going to take him since he might be exactly the kind of WR Allen needs, and Allen might be exactly the kind of QB Metcalf needs.  I mean, teams with 2nd year QBs *love* spending high picks on receivers and OL.

41 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Still stupid.

One was all alone vs 8-9 man boxes. The other had to share targets with AJ Brown and 2 other viable targets that will play in the NFL.

I think the best comp for DK is a faster more coachable Dez.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/dez-bryant

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/dk-metcalf

As far as the poor shuttle, I get the concern, but I think it is a little overblown. Here’s a good read on it;

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/are-d.k.-metcalf-s-agility-times-a-concern

It is too bad we won’t get a shot at him. There really only 1-3 guys a year with best at their position potential and he’s one of them.

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Would we be able to get him in the 3rd round, even with his good combine? Would be interested in a guy like him or Jerry Tillery at 5-tech to give us some length and inside pressure. I know he is labeled an edge and seems athletic enough to move around but I feel he can really excel at 5-tech in a 3-4 with a little weight added. 

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

DK Metcalf bends about as well as a marble statue of Calvin Johnson would.

That's about as much of a comp between Megatron and DK I get.

Calvin is rare, but he can be a faster version of Alshon that requires safety help on every play.

I was fine with the idea of taking Ferrell at #12 a week ago, and I'm still fine with that idea today.  With the impressive combine numbers being posted by other edge players while Ferrell's are relatively meh, it now seems more than reasonable to think he could be there when GB is on the clock.

Archived