Let the Mayfield Mayhem Begin

Dawgpoun8017

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Maybe you did, it is in quotations so somebody said it.

I almost put the cosmic brain gif in here since that was clearly what you were looking for. But you didn't earn it. Too non-sensical. Only slightly comedic. 3/10 on haha scale.

29 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I almost put the cosmic brain gif in here since that was clearly what you were looking for. But you didn't earn it. Too non-sensical. Only slightly comedic. 3/10 on haha scale.

not comedic but also not nonsensial. If something is in quotations it is a direct quote. It isn't used to show emphasis, at least not if done "correctly".

Found an article on Fansided that was way to early predictions for next season and it said Baker for MVP, whoop whoop. It's happening!!

MVP:  Baker Mayfield The Most Valuable Player award has three requirements that have become a fixture of the past several years. He must be on a playoff team, he must put up gaudy stats, and he must be a quarterback. Patrick Mahomes was living proof of that with his run in 2018. That’s why Baker Mayfield will follow suit next season. The league is positively salivated at what he’ll do. His personality and swagger is something the media can’t get enough of. Mayfield, despite a coaching change during midseason, still managed to throw 27 touchdown passes as a rookie. He’s got talent everywhere around him and now the man who coordinated his offense running the entire show in Freddie Kitchens. That means the offense will be run how Mayfield wants it. The division should be there for the taking with Baltimore and Pittsburgh both looking vulnerable. It could be his year.

Mayfield has had a huge impact on our coaching staff. 

One, helped us land our HC. With the way freddie and baker worked and mesh together, it helped him get the job. 

Two, watching/listening to the Silk introduction presser yesterday. He mentioned how he was drawn to the browns and that the browns were his first choice. He stated one of the main reasons he came to Cleveland was because of baker. Someone asked him what drew him to Cleveland and asked him was it Garrett, Ward, or some of the other defensive talent but he made a point to say Baker. Said he liked knowing he had a QB like Baker who would have the backs of all his defenders. 

Three, Monken basically said Working with Baker was worth giving up play call duties

Also did anyone see or hear the Kirko Interview he has on FS1? I can’t temember the name of the show. 

Kirko talked about the moment where he truly respected Baker and fully bought in on him. Talked about how him and baker almost got into a fight during training camp. Kirko said when he saw the fire and fight in baker and how he was about to throw down for his offensive players, he said that moment he knew he was real and all that smack talk he brings to the table that he is willing to back it up and fight for his guys. Moments later Kirko had Baker on with face time and baker was able To share his side of the story

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Also did anyone see or hear the Kirko Interview he has on FS1? I can’t temember the name of the show. 

Kirko talked about the moment where he truly respected Baker and fully bought in on him. Talked about how him and baker almost got into a fight during training camp. Kirko said when he saw the fire and fight in baker and how he was about to throw down for his offensive players, he said that moment he knew he was real and all that smack talk he brings to the table that he is willing to back it up and fight for his guys. Moments later Kirko had Baker on with face time and baker was able To share his side of the story

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Why? It’s not like she is a forced anchor on a prime time show

Clunky, poor timing, sheepish in a way that projected awkwardness. The interview happened in spite of her.

56 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

I like her

You would.

29 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Clunky, poor timing, sheepish in a way that projected awkwardness. The interview happened in spite of her.

so doing these little non serious interviews in a comfortable setting is something she needs to improve and become better. Maybe if this was for a primetime sports show, was a halftime for a major sporting event, or something that is just of utter importance I would be asking for an upgrade but she was just fine

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

so doing these little non serious interviews in a comfortable setting is something she needs to improve and become better. Maybe if this was for a primetime sports show, was a halftime for a major sporting event, or something that is just of utter importance I would be asking for an upgrade but she was just fine

She is not a commercial truck driver who isn't a great communicator. Her entire job is to interview/speak and she is bad at it. 🤷‍♂️

Archived