Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

3 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Perfect, because I really want to win both games this time. 

lol. 

It just struck me that both the 49ers and Ravens have a piece of the old "Legion of Boom" on their roster too. Thomas for us, Sherman for you.

We also both have 1st Round Rookies that are family to All-Pro players. Nick Bosa(Brother to Joey Bosa) & Marquise Brown(Cousin to Antonio Brown). 

Match ups with you guys sound more and more fun as I think about it. Though I do block out your pass rush, wouldn't want that to go and sour my confidence would I? :D

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I'm going to be a little surprised if we don't end up with Manny

You spelled AJ Green wrong! 

Seriously though, really do wonder what Cincy does with Green. I think they probably just end up holding on to him. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You spelled AJ Green wrong! 

Seriously though, really do wonder what Cincy does with Green. I think they probably just end up holding on to him. 

I'm thinking less than 5% he's traded. I think the fact that he's not due back until after the deadline mostly kills a potential trade

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm thinking less than 5% he's traded. I think the fact that he's not due back until after the deadline mostly kills a potential trade

See, I don't think he gets traded but not sure I agree with this theory. Bengals holding him out until the deadline is them trying to make sure he doesn't suffer a set back or gets hurt, no? Then at that point he would have no value.

Sanders will definitely help us as he fits the system well, but Green would be an absolute game changer to the point where we could possibly be the favorites to win it all. 

9 hours ago, Forge said:

See, I don't think he gets traded but not sure I agree with this theory. Bengals holding him out until the deadline is them trying to make sure he doesn't suffer a set back or gets hurt, no? Then at that point he would have no value.

Sanders will definitely help us as he fits the system well, but Green would be an absolute game changer to the point where we could possibly be the favorites to win it all. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I agree with that theory. There's not much he can do to help that 0-7 Bengals team, so they might as well not risk him getting hurt. 

12 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

My Facebook feed was blowing up yesterday with rumor articles claiming the 49ers are intent on trading for a WR. They seem to be rooted in a rumor from Jason La Canfora...

Nah, it's more than just him. Allbright has previously mentioned it attempt at Manny. According to barrows ESPN also reporting it that we are looking for receivers

2 minutes ago, SoCalNiner said:

I agree with that theory. There's not much he can do to help that 0-7 Bengals team, so they might as well not risk him getting hurt. 

Except teams can't see him on the field to know what he looks like. That's a lot of risk for someone who may cost a second + if the rumors are true

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nah, it's more than just him. Allbright has previously mentioned it attempt at Manny. According to barrows ESPN also reporting it that we are looking for receivers

Of the names I've seen floated around, I'm interested in DeVante Parker and Manny Sanders. I know on the podcast I said that Sanders is similar to what we already have, but honestly another reliable target is really worth it. Parker isn't someone who will scare opposing defenses, but he's been getting better each year and has big play ability. Parker shouldn't need a high draft pick to get, either.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Except teams can't see him on the field to know what he looks like. That's a lot of risk for someone who may cost a second + if the rumors are true

I agree. What if we give up premium picks but he doesn't return this season? Green is too risky at the price they want. If we could get Green at like a 4th this year and 3rd next. I'd do it, probably.

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

I agree. What if we give up premium picks but he doesn't return this season? Green is too risky at the price they want. If we could get Green at like a 4th this year and 3rd next. I'd do it, probably.

They'd get a 3rd comp pick if they let him walk next year, so it'll have to be better than that.