Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Their situation is interesting because they have a lot of starters and important people who are free agent, but I question whether or not they would be brought back with or without Ramsey in the fold. Like, it's a lot of snaps to be losing, but would they be in a huge hurry to sign any of these guys again? 

Whitworth, Brockers, Bortles, Talib, Fowler, Blythe (who they would probably just replace with Corbett, I would assume)

I mean, maybe you resign Whitworth, but are you dying for any of the others? And now you don't have a ton of draft picks to replenish as possible starters. It's very interesting. 

Correct. Almost certain that guys like Gurley and Cooks will be cap casualties, sooner rather than later. I just think they threw out the long-term to maximize their current window. But do they really have a 'window' if McVay doesn't adapt to how defenses are now playing him? And is Goff able to carry the offense on his arm? Those to me are bigger issues and questions surrounding their season and future. The money that they will invest in three players (Donald, Goff and now Ramsey) also means they HAVE to hit on their picks in these next couple of drafts. They can't afford not to... literally. They have really pushed all their chips to the middle of the table...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John232 said:

This is horrible for the Rams. They're in a far worse position than us when it comes to the cap. They are going to have to purge their roster to make this work long term and now they don't have the top end draft capital to fill the holes. 

Rams overpaid for him just as they did Peters. Peters became a pain so they shipped him. Ramsey won't block for Goff and won't make him respond to pressure up the middle better...lol

5 hours ago, Forge said:

supposedly he's actively on the block and they are one of the teams sniffing around. 

I get that Arians doesn't utilize a TE much, but I think this is a weird move by the Bucs overall unless they are getting good value for him, tbh. 

If OJ Howard is available we need to make an offer. Imagine an offense with Howard and Kittle. Also it’d be one of the greatest troll moves on the rams ever. Oh you just mortgaged your future on Jalen Ramsey? Well try and cover to pro-bowl TEs. 

1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

If OJ Howard is available we need to make an offer. Imagine an offense with Howard and Kittle. Also it’d be one of the greatest troll moves on the rams ever. Oh you just mortgaged your future on Jalen Ramsey? Well try and cover to pro-bowl TEs. 

As much as shanny likes utilizing two tight ends, I wouldn't hate it. Depends on cost, 

20 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Oj Howard isnt someone I actually considered (for us) until right now, and while that would be a great fit because of what Kyle likes to do, I actually look at the other way, we need to keep ALL of our future picks. 

I know that this team is 5-0 and that one player could put us over the top, but this is a long game that Kyle and Lynch are playing. Theyve talked about 'doing it the right way' since day 1. Lets not do something reactionary because they just did something reactionary. Lets continue to build through the draft and continue to have cheap labor. We are going to have some really tough decisions to make in the next 2-3 years. There will be guys that get poached by other teams for money that we cant afford. Its the nature of the beast. 

By making this trade, the rams will not have the influx of young talent coming in. They need to win a superbowl in the next 2-3 years or goff needs to become a top 5 QB (looks unlikely at this point). This means that no matter what happens over the next few years, we will be able to outlast them.

Seattle has tried to transition their roster and they havent done a great job of it tbh. Yes they only have one loss but its basically the russell wilson show there. I am pretty confident that we will be able to outclass them over time. 

I am not concernted with Arizona, yet. Murray does appear to be legit but I have questions about their front office and what they will be able to do. 

I think this means the division can be ours for the next 4-5 years if we can stay patient and continue to add viable NFL talent. 

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

OJ Howard would be a great piece to have.

Greedy! We need one! :)

RAM-sey obviously a big upgrade, but it's far too much to give up. I'd never be OK with giving up 1s, unless it's a QB or Watt and Donald. IF they do not make playoffs this season, what does that say?

They would have been 6-3 anyway....

6 hours ago, N4L said:

Oj Howard isnt someone I actually considered (for us) until right now, and while that would be a great fit because of what Kyle likes to do, I actually look at the other way, we need to keep ALL of our future picks. 

I know that this team is 5-0 and that one player could put us over the top, but this is a long game that Kyle and Lynch are playing. Theyve talked about 'doing it the right way' since day 1. Lets not do something reactionary because they just did something reactionary. Lets continue to build through the draft and continue to have cheap labor. We are going to have some really tough decisions to make in the next 2-3 years. There will be guys that get poached by other teams for money that we cant afford. Its the nature of the beast. 

By making this trade, the rams will not have the influx of young talent coming in. They need to win a superbowl in the next 2-3 years or goff needs to become a top 5 QB (looks unlikely at this point). This means that no matter what happens over the next few years, we will be able to outlast them.

Seattle has tried to transition their roster and they havent done a great job of it tbh. Yes they only have one loss but its basically the russell wilson show there. I am pretty confident that we will be able to outclass them over time. 

I am not concernted with Arizona, yet. Murray does appear to be legit but I have questions about their front office and what they will be able to do. 

I think this means the division can be ours for the next 4-5 years if we can stay patient and continue to add viable NFL talent. 

I agree that we don’t want to give away though draft capital for short term rentals. I also want to point out that this, to me, is not a reaction to Ramsey; this is a reaction to me reading that OJ Howard was on the block. I loved Howard coming out, and I’m not sure of his value at this point, but if we could snag him for a third or a combo of future mid-round picks I’d be all for it. Even if it turns out that we lose him in free agency after 2021, we’d probably get a third round comp pick back at that point. The fact is that OJ has flashed, but hasn’t yet put together a resume that would warrant a huge contract. I think under Shanahan he would which would lead to the above situation, but if he just remains where he is at now we’d have the best #2 TE in the NFL and would be able to resign him. 

3 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I agree that we don’t want to give away though draft capital for short term rentals. I also want to point out that this, to me, is not a reaction to Ramsey; this is a reaction to me reading that OJ Howard was on the block. I loved Howard coming out, and I’m not sure of his value at this point, but if we could snag him for a third or a combo of future mid-round picks I’d be all for it. Even if it turns out that we lose him in free agency after 2021, we’d probably get a third round comp pick back at that point. The fact is that OJ has flashed, but hasn’t yet put together a resume that would warrant a huge contract. I think under Shanahan he would which would lead to the above situation, but if he just remains where he is at now we’d have the best #2 TE in the NFL and would be able to resign him. 

Before I get ripped apart on the bolded, do I think he would get a big contract on the open market today? Absolutely. He also has yet to put together a full 16 game slate in his first two year though as well. My point remains, if we could get him for the value I suggested, it would be a win win for all parties involved. We’d get a good player for a couple of years who we could get a comp pick out of or even someone we may be able to flip for higher value, or if he doesn’t reach the hights I expected he would, the. We’d be able to resign him. Doubt it happens, but I’d be happy if it did. All in all I agree with @Forge sentiment of building through the draft, but if the value is there I think we need to make a move as well.