Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jameis Winston has been a train wreck today with three INTs and a fumble. 

Cam Newton to Tampa in 2020?

I'll be curious to see what the Panthers do there. And if you are Cam, do you come back at this point this year? That whole situation is very interesting. 

That being said, Nick Foles could make a ton of sense for Tampa as well, and provided Minshew keeps up a reasonably comparable level of play to what he has done this year, the Jags will certainly need to move him. He's only on the books for 15 million for a team that acquires him next year, which is an extremely reasonable cost for a starting quarterback in this day and age. 

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll be curious to see what the Panthers do there. And if you are Cam, do you come back at this point this year? That whole situation is very interesting. 

That being said, Nick Foles could make a ton of sense for Tampa as well, and provided Minshew keeps up a reasonably comparable level of play to what he has done this year, the Jags will certainly need to move him. He's only on the books for 15 million for a team that acquires him next year, which is an extremely reasonable cost for a starting quarterback in this day and age. 

Panthers aren't moving from Allen with the Panthers winning four straight and him playing solid ball. The Panthers have such a good defense and Allen doesn't turn the ball over so that's a formula for success especially when they also have the best back in the game. 

Btw, the Bucs run defense is SPECIAL. Completely shut our run game down while shutting CMC down in both meetings as well. Insane. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Btw, the Bucs run defense is SPECIAL. Completely shut our run game down while shutting CMC down in both meetings as well. Insane. 

lol I just said that in the NFL Gen GDT. It's without a doubt going to be the most underrated unit in the league because of the rest of that team, and the competition they have faced is absolutely legitimate as you said. It's number one in the league with regards to efficiency I believe, and they may have faced the toughest slate between cmc twice and us in week one. That's definitely special. 

It's a shame that they can't seem to find anyone in that secondary who can cover. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Explain. 

I don't know that Philly is a legit super bowl contender. The secondary is horrific, and their offense just makes no sense. Heading into the season I thought they may be the favorite in the NFC. They are a playoff team (probably) but unless they get it together, I can't take them as a super bowl contender. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I don't know that Philly is a legit super bowl contender. The secondary is horrific, and their offense just makes no sense. Heading into the season I thought they may be the favorite in the NFC. They are a playoff team (probably) but unless they get it together, I can't take them as a super bowl contender. 

Got it.

Nope, haven't bought into Philly all season. That secondary is HORRENDOUS and offense hasn't been explosive.