Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, John232 said:

I would love to see OJ Howard to the Patriots. 

supposedly he's actively on the block and they are one of the teams sniffing around. 

I get that Arians doesn't utilize a TE much, but I think this is a weird move by the Bucs overall unless they are getting good value for him, tbh. 

26 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, I think it depends on if Taylor comes back from IR. If they're going to shut him down for the entire year, I could see us taking a flier on Sanders. But if they're expecting Taylor to come back than I'd much rather roll with the young core. Though our WRs have been inconsistent, I still luv the potential of the group and would hate to break up the band to add a vet who is probably just a rental. Guys like Pettis and Bourne have stepped it up in recent weeks. I would like to see if the young guys can put it all together and leave their mark this year.

I don't feel like Trent Taylor should be the deciding factor in whether or not you go after AJ Green. The receivers simply aren't that good. They are all kind of meh right now. Obviously Pettis and Deebo may get there at some point, but they are definitely not there yet. AJ Green is a legit #1....if and that's a big if, you think he's healthy and ready to play 100%. This receiving corps is all potential and quite frankly, they haven't done a great job of delivering any real promise on that potential this year. Some scattered things here and there, but certainly nothing consistent. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

supposedly he's actively on the block and they are one of the teams sniffing around. 

I get that Arians doesn't utilize a TE much, but I think this is a weird move by the Bucs overall unless they are getting good value for him, tbh. 

I mean, when he was healthy last year, he was a top 4 TE. Getting rid of him is pretty idiotic, but so is not really utilizing him. And tbf to Arians, OJ hasn't been great this year but he's not being helped. 

10 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Did we break the Rams to the point they're giving up on this season and trading away they're talented players?

No, I think they definitely have something in the works. Snead is quite saavy. And their next slate of games are very winnable. They could easily be 6-3 in three weeks. They're up to something...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Did we break the Rams to the point they're giving up on this season and trading away they're talented players?

He hasn't been all that great for them since they traded for him last year feels like. Remember him getting burnt a lot it seems

22 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

No, I think they definitely have something in the works. Snead is quite saavy. And their next slate of games are very winnable. They could easily be 6-3 in three weeks. They're up to something...

Called it...lol 

• Like 2

This is horrible for the Rams. They're in a far worse position than us when it comes to the cap. They are going to have to purge their roster to make this work long term and now they don't have the top end draft capital to fill the holes. 

Edited by John232
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, sherm said:

Nice move but for us with no real number 1 besides Kittle of course I'm not all that concerned. Elite talent but not a div shift type of move IMO.

Agreed. I knew Snead would not move Peters w/o a corresponding move to counter. But Ramsey is not enough to move the needle in their favor against the better teams in the NFC. It will help their defense sure. But defense isn't really there biggest problem at the moment imo...

Edited by 757-NINER

I really like Ramsey. But there is NO WAY I'm giving up two 1st and a 4th for a CB. Only QBs and pass-rushers affect the game to the degree that warrants such compensation. Two years ago when we played the Jags....when the Jags D was the talk of the league, Shanny and Jimmy G had a field day. CBs just do not impact wins and losses to that degree imo. Even elite ones. Only one that came close is Revis. And Ramsey though very good, is no Revis. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, John232 said:

This is horrible for the Rams. They're in a far worse position than us when it comes to the cap. They are going to have to purge their roster to make this work long term and now they don't have the top end draft capital to fill the holes. 

Their situation is interesting because they have a lot of starters and important people who are free agent, but I question whether or not they would be brought back with or without Ramsey in the fold. Like, it's a lot of snaps to be losing, but would they be in a huge hurry to sign any of these guys again? 

Whitworth, Brockers, Bortles, Talib, Fowler, Blythe (who they would probably just replace with Corbett, I would assume)

I mean, maybe you resign Whitworth, but are you dying for any of the others? And now you don't have a ton of draft picks to replenish as possible starters. It's very interesting.