Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

52 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Hell, NO! And Never! Cannot stand Jerry Jones and his 'boys. 

I don't care for them either, but I care a lot about my team and a Cowboys win was better for the team. It would increase our lead on the playoffs to four games. Vikings have only two remaining opponents against teams at or above .500. Dallas has four. We have six. 

Plus, in case of a tiebreaker, it would have given the Vikings a third conference loss. Instead they still only have two. 

Root for who you like, but a Dallas win was far better for us.

• Like 2

Current playoff standings

1. 49ers (8-1)

2. Packers (8-2)

3. Saints (7-2)

4. Cowboys (5-4)

5. Seahawks (8-2)

6. Vikings (7-3)

In the hunt: Panthers (5-4), Rams (5-4), Eagles (5-4)

All 6 teams in so far have at least 7 wins, it'll be tough for a 5 win team to win the wildcard. Panthers could threaten the Saints for the NFCS (i doubt it though), Eagles are likely fighting it out with the Cowboys for the NFCE and won't make the wildcard. Rams are 3 wins behind the niners/hawks and have lost to both, division will be extremely tough. 

Right now our main competition is for the division (Seahawks), and seeding for HFA (Saints/Packers) or wildcard spot (Vikings). Barring a 2nd half collapse, the 5 win teams shouldn't be a threat to us. Still, at least for a few weeks, i'm gona keep rooting against them to secure our spot in the top 6, any which way.

Keeping that in mind, and with the Seahawks/Packers on a bye this week, we should probably be rooting for....

CHI over LAR (both teams will be 5-5 if CHI wins, but probably won't be wildcard factors)

ATL over CAR (CAR will be 5-5)

TB over NO (NO will be 7-3, create some distance with us even if we lose)

NE over PHI (PHI would be 5-5 with a loss but probably fighting for the division only)

DET over DAL (DAL would be 5-5 with a loss but probably fighting for the division only)

DEN over MIN (MIN would be 7-4 with a loss and we could be 0-2 wins up on them depending on the outcomes)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Current playoff standings

1. 49ers (8-1)

2. Packers (8-2)

3. Saints (7-2)

4. Cowboys (5-4)

5. Seahawks (8-2)

6. Vikings (7-3)

In the hunt: Panthers (5-4), Rams (5-4), Eagles (5-4)

All 6 teams in so far have at least 7 wins, it'll be tough for a 5 win team to win the wildcard. Panthers could threaten the Saints for the NFCS (i doubt it though), Eagles are likely fighting it out with the Cowboys for the NFCE and won't make the wildcard. Rams are 3 wins behind the niners/hawks and have lost to both, division will be extremely tough. 

Right now our main competition is for the division (Seahawks), and seeding for HFA (Saints/Packers) or wildcard spot (Vikings). Barring a 2nd half collapse, the 5 win teams shouldn't be a threat to us. Still, at least for a few weeks, i'm gona keep rooting against them to secure our spot in the top 6, any which way.

Keeping that in mind, and with the Seahawks/Packers on a bye this week, we should probably be rooting for....

CHI over LAR (both teams will be 5-5 if CHI wins, but probably won't be wildcard factors)

ATL over CAR (CAR will be 5-5)

TB over NO (NO will be 7-3, create some distance with us even if we lose)

NE over PHI (PHI would be 5-5 with a loss but probably fighting for the division only)

DET over DAL (DAL would be 5-5 with a loss but probably fighting for the division only)

DEN over MIN (MIN would be 7-4 with a loss and we could be 0-2 wins up on them depending on the outcomes)

I like near all of this, but I still won't pull for NE. Hate em.. and I'd rather Philly somehow take the division away from Cowpukes. 

25 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

The problem with the Seahawks is they have the tie breaker right now if we have the same record. Not good. >:( Especially losing that one at home. :(

Don't stress it. It's unhealthy.. and out of our hands anyway. If they deserve it, they can win against anyone.. anywhere. If they don't, or are too broken down to? so be it. Enjoy the ride. It will likely end with a sudden brick wall splat, but oh well. The trick is to be hopeful and happy until then. Being relevant in late December is a gift.. and we clearly get that gift coming. Beyond that, pshhh... TBD.  :P 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nayad said:

Overreaction, 4 games is fair to me. He's had no past issues, plus Rudolph initiated it. 

Definitely NOT an overreaction. He should be suspended for at least the rest of the year. Prior offenses or not, that was literally a criminal act he committed on the field of play. What if he had of really connected with that swing??? Its no different if he were swinging a baseball bat at someone's head. In this day and age of player safety and head trauma, the NFL would get dragged if they gave him 4 only games.  

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Definitely noy an overreaction. He should be suspended for at least the rest of the year. Prior offenses or not, that was literally a criminal act he committed on the field of play. What if he had of really connected with that swing??? Its no different if he were swinging a baseball bat at someone's head. In this day and age of player safety and head trauma, the NFL would get dragged if they gave him 4 only games.  

100% this. If all he gets are the remaining six games this year, it won't be enough. 4 games for first drugs violation and only 6 games for ripping off a player's helmet and trying to beat them over the head with it? No way.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't get how Rudolph didn't get any games? He's not completely blameless here? 

Yeah, that’s not right. He started it (whether the hit was late or not, he started the non football activity by ripping his helmet AND kicking him in the crotch) and continued to go after Garrett even when separated. Obviously Garrett took it to a level way beyond which is why I think rest of the season is the right call, but Rudolph should get a game or two in my opinion. Hell, for his own safety they should suspend him through the Browns game in a couple weeks!

Also, I think Rudolph taking this high road and what he said after the game, looks like a crazy hypocrite. His agent talking about it’s not off the table to press charges. I don’t know, I just think he’s making himself look bad. I mean, he called Garrett a bully yet he picked the fight with him and kicked him in the balls. Who knows what was said while Garrett was on him after the hit, but come on Mason, you weren’t an innocent bystander that was attacked.

But Garrett, good lord that man needs to figure out how to control himself. All season long he’s been trying to hurt people, like legit hurt people, and using the helmet took it to an all new level. 

By the way, anyone see the time Incognito got hit with his own helmet. That was probably worse. Someone posted the video and wow, that was bad.